What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skycade

Hamim

JirenSama
JirenSama
So I have been seeing a lot of people saying Skycade is dying which I do agree with, and this is just not the developers or the staffs this is the whole community's fault honestly if we want skycade to become the great server it once was we need to do our own parts too.

Some suggestions I have for everybody
1.) Make more skycade related content
2.) Bring back some of the old gamemodes like factions (I don't even play factions but I do think its a bit weird that OP factions exist without factions existing.)
3.) Hire more staff and assign roles to each gamemode so they can focus on each gamemode and not have too much stress.
4.) Its important for us as the community to make better suggestions and let the developers know clearly what we want instead of just bashing them and not giving anything that they should improve on.

Last edited:

PigMatt

🚨 Minimod 🚨
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
So I have been seeing a lot of people saying Skycade is dying which I do agree with, and this is just not the developers or the staffs this is the whole community's fault honestly if we want skycade to become the great server it once was we need to do our own parts too.

Some suggestions I have for everybody
1.) Make more skycade related content
2.) Bring back some of the old gamemodes like factions (I don't even play factions but I do think its a bit weird that OP factions exist without factions existing.)
3.) Hire more staff and assign roles to each gamemode so they can focus on each gamemode and not have too much stress.
4.) Have a better anticheat maybe one that autobans hackers
1) Wdym?
2) They decided to have 1 but not the other and OPFactions was voted better.
3) They don’t need more staff they need improved staff if I’m honest.
4) They are working on a better anticheat with auto banning at this moment!

Todd

Living that happy dog life~
Diamond
Iron
Kodiaks
Kodiaks
Diamond
How would auto banning work? I feel like it would lead to a lot of false banning...

CoolCat343972

AlphaRainbow
Diamond
Iron
AlphaRainbow
AlphaRainbow
Diamond
1) Wdym?
2) They decided to have 1 but not the other and OPFactions was voted better.
3) They don’t need more staff they need improved staff if I’m honest.
to have a better anti-cheat they need a lot of time and a massive amount of knowledge about java and anti cheats. And since Ricky isn't on the server as much these days. He probably won't make one.

Todd

Living that happy dog life~
Diamond
Iron
Kodiaks
Kodiaks
Diamond
to have a better anti-cheat they need a lot of time and a massive amount of knowledge about java and anti cheats. And since Ricky isn't on the server as much these days. He proTbably won't make one.
Taon is the lead dev on it from what I've heard~

PigMatt

🚨 Minimod 🚨
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
How would auto banning work? I feel like it would lead to a lot of false banning...
to have a better anti-cheat they need a lot of time and a massive amount of knowledge about java and anti cheats. And since Ricky isn't on the server as much these days. He probably won't make one.
Taon is working on one right now? It’s on the server as we speak.

Auto bans will work like this: once a player gets a certain number of violations the player will be banned. Currently, staff are banning players with high numbers of violations. False bans are possible, but they are also possible by staff.

Ricky isn’t the only developer? We have Taon and jr dev Yako. We have have system admin Dwayne.

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Emerald
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Emerald
So I have been seeing a lot of people saying Skycade is dying which I do agree with
This is a bit unrelated but, I’m currently working on a study of skycade’s playercount.
This study will last about 6 months, recording skycade’s playercount every hour with a scheduled python script.
Some of what we’ll get to see includes:
-If and how fast skycade’s player base is actually decreasing (it might also give us an approximate projection of when playercount will reach levels where it would be impractical to run the server etc...)
-When is skycade the most popular (during holidays/festivities etc...), vice-versa.
-miles and miles of excel sheets

TrySimple

Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Diamond
This is a bit unrelated but, I’m currently working on a study of skycade’s playercount.
This study will last about 6 months, recording skycade’s playercount every hour with a scheduled python script.
Some of what we’ll get to see includes:
-If and how fast skycade’s player base is actually decreasing (it might also give us an approximate projection of when playercount will reach levels where it would be impractical to run the server etc...)
-When is skycade the most popular (during holidays/festivities etc...), vice-versa.
-miles and miles of excel sheets
Yes, we must know who is bigger, NA or EU or maybe even AU

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Emerald
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Emerald
Yes, we must know who is bigger, NA or EU or maybe even AU
Also taking into account Australian, Eastern and European times, yeps ;)

Pogchamps

Pogchamps
Pogchamps
They def don't need more staff the staff need to improve

TogepiMax

Minimod Egg
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
They don’t need more staff they need improved staff if I’m honest.
Hire more staff and assign roles to each gamemode so they can focus on each gamemode and not have too much stress.
I personally feel both of you are correct, as what I think is that they should hire people who are on when little current staff are on, and also improve staff or get improved staff.

RunXC

blame_lag
blame_lag
Get actually quality staff.
I think everyone knows staff quality has been steadily declining.
On that note, lets welcome our newest helper to the server, Britbout.