What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skygrid gamemode!

AidenLikesPancakes

Bedrock Miner
Diamond
Iron
AidenLikePanckes
AidenLikePanckes
Diamond
pwarp pancake skygrid edition

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
I was told after prisons factions was next, then skyblock.
After skyblock i was told factions was next.
Surprise! Not factions, skygrid.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
I was told after prisons factions was next, then skyblock.
After skyblock i was told factions was next.
Surprise! Not factions, skygrid.
As I've mentioned on this thread 4 times already, this being the 5th time: Skygrid did not take up developer attention, it had no effect on the factions timetable. Meaning it was not prioritised over factions.

If you'd read the thread you wouldn't be making a snarky comment that I've already explained is wrong 4 times before.

Koronotchi

pce
Diamond
Iron
Kezdero
Kezdero
Diamond
Yesss! So hyped

Fishofrank

Fishofrank
Fishofrank
Honestly I think this is a cool add on, I probably will still stick to Skyblock thought

BirthToBabies

ok
Diamond
BirthToBabies
BirthToBabies
Diamond
this gamemode is gonna be another failure

FahimPlayz

FahimPlayz
FahimPlayz
Yes! When I saw this on Jack's channel I really wanted to play it because it looks so amazing!

LuqDude

rando helper
Staff member
Helper
LuqDude
LuqDude
Helper
Sounds great, pretty hype, but probs won’t play it and will stick to being a skyblock nerd

sup3rfive

sup3rfive
sup3rfive
is it out yet?

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Fix other game modes first, skygrid will be the same bug infested mess like skyblock

TogepiMax

SpOoPy 🥚
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
Hey folks, been a little while since our last announcement! I'm here to announce a brand new gamemode on Skycade - SKYGRID!

Skygrid will be releasing on Saturday the 28th of September at 6pm UK time, 1pm Eastern!

What is Skygrid?

So as lots of you will know already if you follow Jack's Minecraft channel, he's doing a series on the Skygrid map. It's quite similar to Skyblock, you spawn in an isolated area and have to build up using the resources the world grants you. I've linked the video to his first episode just below so if you haven't seen it you can get a little sense of the gamemode.

It works a lot like Skyblock does, but with a unique map style. Unlike our current Skyblock server, our Skygrid server will have a more traditional feeling in terms of gameplay. Here's a few details that differ from our Skyblock set up:

• Skygrid will have a traditional enchanting system, with no custom enchants.
  • Skygrid's economy will be more focused on interacting with the map initially and then using your resources to generate cobblestone later on.
  • No Quarry/Mining World necessary.
  • No access to the End
  • Your island will be limited in size, but will increase as you invite more players to your island. Your island size will max out once you have 4 island members.
  • No minions!
This means that Skygrid will have a few things in common with Skyblock and most other Skycade gamemodes, including a shop, an auction house, an arena, and events!
Here's Jack's video for a brief introduction to the map style!

We're quite excited by this, we think it fills a gap that a lot of players and especially viewers of Jack have wanted to see for a while! Got any questions? Let me know and I'll try to answer them as best I can in the thread :)

Remember, Saturday the 28th at 6pm UK // 1pm Eastern!
nice :D i can fall in the void when i want to :D

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Fix other game modes first, skygrid will be the same bug infested mess like skyblock
For the 6th time on this thread - Skygrid did not take any time away from developing other gamemodes and bug fixing.

Since the start of August we've pushed 53 bug fixes or feature updates, which is more than 1 a day, whilst working on projects behind the scenes. All are available to view on our Discord in the content updates channel.
Stop being a toxic person, and educate yourself before you make silly comments online.

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
For the 6th time on this thread - Skygrid did not take any time away from developing other gamemodes and bug fixing.

Since the start of August we've pushed 53 bug fixes or feature updates, which is more than 1 a day, whilst working on projects behind the scenes. All are available to view on our Discord in the content updates channel.
Stop being a toxic person, and educate yourself before you make silly comments online.
Fair Enough we shall see how it plays out

JD_Kreeper

We're all internet explorers.
Emerald
Diamond
JD_Kreeper
JD_Kreeper
Emerald
Finally I can use this stupid emerald rank that's going to suck money out of my dad's bank account every month that I could've used to become a member of Fraser's channel!

Actually can people with ranks have early access? Like right now?

realsast

sastofficial
sastofficial
yaaaaaay skygrid

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
early access for diamonds ? @WelshAlex
Afraid not! There's not really anything that needs testing since there's no new development. We've got early access planned for upcoming features / gamemodes though.

JD_Kreeper

We're all internet explorers.
Emerald
Diamond
JD_Kreeper
JD_Kreeper
Emerald
Afraid not! There's not really anything that needs testing since there's no new development. We've got early access planned for upcoming features / gamemodes though.
@WelshAlex why not? The server works great.