What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Small chance to get ranks in a mystery or lunar crate key

YS8

Ex helper
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
A lot of other servers do this and it seems like something that skycade could add for players who maybe cant afford ranks or don't want to buy one

Kwuffin

no
Diamond
_____________yes
_____________yes
Diamond
I suggested this a while back for ranks to be able to do a keyall once every 4 weeks on one server. Wouldn’t be p2w and everybody gets a key.

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond
This will never happen. No one would buy diamond rank and it would be worthless. Probably the worst suggestion

YS8

Ex helper
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
This will never happen. No one would buy diamond rank and it would be worthless. Probably the worst suggestion
This isnt the same chance, im talking 0.001 chance to get this, enough so actually buying the rank isnt worthless

Materializing

Mod.exe
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
I doubt this’ll happen, even if it’s the smallest chance. Ranks would be mad about it, it would seem unfair to the people who actually bought their ranks, and there would just be a lot of controversy around the whole thing. I’m sorry about it, but I don’t think it’s a good idea due to the downsides.

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Diamond
Allowing ranks to be won in Mystery Crate keys would lower Skycade's income that they need to purchase their network & pay their admins, etc. People would just think 'What's the point of purchasing a rank when I can purchase a Mystery Key and have a chance of winning a rank for so much less of a cost?' or they could just vote until they got a Mystery Crate key, etc. -1

I suggested this a while back for ranks to be able to do a keyall once every 4 weeks on one server. Wouldn’t be p2w and everybody gets a key.
The main reason people didn't agree with that suggestion of yours is because there are over 100 diamond ranks & if they got into large parties and did the command together it would ruin the economy, in a way.

EditedKB

EditedKB
EditedKB
Allowing ranks to be won in Mystery Crate keys would lower Skycade's income that they need to purchase their network & pay their admins, etc. People would just think 'What's the point of purchasing a rank when I can purchase a Mystery Key and have a chance of winning a rank for so much less of a cost?' or they could just vote until they got a Mystery Crate key, etc. -1
But if there's a really small chance then they're likely to not get it on their first key. In fact, given the chances, they would probably end up spending more on keys if the only thing they wanted was the rank.

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Diamond
But if there's a really small chance then they're likely to not get it on their first key. In fact, given the chances, they would probably end up spending more on keys if the only thing they wanted was the rank.
But then there would be times where they could get it in their first few keys. Adding this would be a mistake from Skycade.

EditedKB

EditedKB
EditedKB
But then there would be times where they could get it in their first few keys. Adding this would be a mistake from Skycade.
I'm not saying I support it, I'm simply saying that the chances of that happening are minimal and wouldn't happen enough times to be controversial.

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
Patient people could just vote everyday (5 keys per day per gamemode that supports them iirc) and even if it takes a year eventually they could get a rank free of charge.

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
This is a kinda cool idea, id think the only way it could work if the player received sort of a low tier rank. Such as iron rank for let’s say a week?

Even so, it would be a pain to monitor discord roles with this.

YS8

Ex helper
Emerald
Diamond
YS8
YS8
Emerald
This is a kinda cool idea, id think the only way it could work if the player received sort of a low tier rank. Such as iron rank for let’s say a week?

Even so, it would be a pain to monitor discord roles with this.
oh yeah thats a better idea, for the rank to be temporary and not permanent would fit the server better

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Diamond
I think only having Iron rank in the crates and having it last for a week or so would be better.
Could give the player a taster of the rank if they get the reward.
The problem would be that the developers would have to find out a way to limit those certain prizes to players who don’t already have the ranks. And I believe if they don’t have their own custom crates plugin this would be difficult.

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
I like this idea becuase it means free ranks

GamingMTY

All the best birthdays are in September <o/
Iron
MattyDidAnOOF
MattyDidAnOOF
Iron
I doubt this’ll happen, even if it’s the smallest chance. Ranks would be mad about it, it would seem unfair to the people who actually bought their ranks, and there would just be a lot of controversy around the whole thing. I’m sorry about it, but I don’t think it’s a good idea due to the downsides.
Agreed