What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SMP reverted back to 1.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne

Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator
dwayneh
dwayneh
Yesterday SMP was down for maintenance, the reason for this was the upgrade to 1.14. We've been working on converting our plugins and systems to be compatible with 1.14 and waiting for it to be stable enough to play. We've run tests on anything we could think off before we made the change on our production SMP game mode.

SMP has after the upgrade, not been running very well on 1.14. From what we've seen stability wise 1.14 is worse than the switch to 1.13 was in terms of lag. The new content seemed very liked, but many of our players were scared off as a result of the amount of delay, we've seen these comparing statistics to last weekend.

We have been looking to improve the performance of SMP, but the main problem doesn't seem solvable in a matter of days if at all. We hope that the Spigot team can make 1.14 more stable in terms of performance, so maybe in the future, we can try out upgrading to 1.14 again.

We've therefore decided to roll back to 1.13, and your progress is back to where it was right before the upgrade to 1.14. We're very sorry for those who liked the change to 1.14, we also very much liked the pandas and other things 1.14 introduced, but it needs to be playable! We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, and the lost playtime you had since the upgrade made yesterday evening.

Bozzyyyy

some guy that only plays SMP
Diamond
Iron
Bozzoof
Bozzoof
Diamond
I know I made a rant post about this and seem like I'm 100% against the revert, but I do see both sides and respect your decision. Just wanted to let you know

Last edited:

Fancy_Dinners_

Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Rip ‘‘tis was a good decision

MarmLTC

MarmLTC
MarmLTC
well, its sad, but i understand

ephilitq

ephilitq
ephilitq
they value stability over things players want. chat was spammed with things like #backto1.14, #revert, etc etc more than people wanting to keep 1.13

although i must admit, i'm a bit biased. i prefer 1.14 and can't really play anything else (except for 1.8.9)

K1b0

skephalo best ship 💕
Diamond
Limmik
Limmik
Diamond
smp shouldn’t have been updated to 1.14 in the first place. if it was, then it should probably stay in 1.14. just my opinion tho

Banthony4

lol idk what to put here- Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
Yesterday SMP was down for maintenance, the reason for this was the upgrade to 1.14. We've been working on converting our plugins and systems to be compatible with 1.14 and waiting for it to be stable enough to play. We've run tests on anything we could think off before we made the change on our production SMP game mode.

SMP has after the upgrade, not been running very well on 1.14. From what we've seen stability wise 1.14 is worse than the switch to 1.13 was in terms of lag. The new content seemed very liked, but many of our players were scared off as a result of the amount of delay, we've seen these comparing statistics to last weekend.

We have been looking to improve the performance of SMP, but the main problem doesn't seem solvable in a matter of days if at all. We hope that the Spigot team can make 1.14 more stable in terms of performance, so maybe in the future, we can try out upgrading to 1.14 again.

We've therefore decided to roll back to 1.13, and your progress is back to where it was right before the upgrade to 1.14. We're very sorry for those who liked the change to 1.14, we also very much liked the pandas and other things 1.14 introduced, but it needs to be playable! We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, and the lost playtime you had since the upgrade made yesterday evening.
I had no idea this happened while I was gone but smart play reverting back I would have loved to play 1.14 but I hate lag and would rather play 1.13 with no lag.

dwayne

Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator
dwayneh
dwayneh
smp shouldn’t have been updated to 1.14 in the first place. if it was, then it should probably stay in 1.14. just my opinion tho
I think we all like to get to play with new content on SMP, but the way it panned out was just too bad in terms of lag. You don't know how these things actually work until you put it in production. We've run several tests to ensure gameplay itself 'worked' and hoped it would just be a matter of us fixing anything in our own systems that could be preventing an acceptable gameplay experience.

dreary

Diamond
drearysmiles
drearysmiles
Diamond
I'm actually pretty glad about this revert. Although it would've been amazing with the new blocks and features, many farms were ruined due to the change. (Such as iron farms due to the new villager mechanics.) Many people are glad about the revert, and we thank you for that. Many people actually signed a petition for 1.13.2 SMP back as soon as it changed because it was pretty much unplayable. Before changing versions in the future, have a poll for the SMP players to vote on whether or not they want 1.14.2 SMP because the players should have a say in these kinds of major changes!

PigMatt