Staff age requirements

Agree or Disagree

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fire Man

The_Fire_ManYT
The_Fire_ManYT
Maybe it should be lowered to 12 year olds but only if mature and if Space or whoever looks at the application thinks they can handle it.

(I apologize if this offends anyone)

ohLaike

Professional Procrastinator
Diamond
Gold
ohLaike
ohLaike
Senior Moderator
Personally I think the current age limit is fine, having staff members that are younger than teenagers doesn’t really give the server a good look at there’s much more risk for immaturity. 13 is young enough as it is.

Duckowap

Gamer
Diamond
Duckowap
Duckowap
Diamond
Personally I think the current age limit is fine, having staff members that are younger than teenagers doesn’t really give the server a good look at there’s much more risk for immaturity. 13 is young enough as it is.
This ^

Also 13 is the minimum age for discord and it wouldn't look good if we had staff members that broke the tos.

Oinkie oof

oof moment
Diamond
Iron
PastaInTheToilet
PastaInTheToilet
Diamond
even as a 12yrold myself, i dissagree quite alot with this. the 13 age requirment is good enough, and some 13yrolds are already immature [i said some ok dont be mad at me plz]
and staffing might be alot for a 12yrold

GothicGamer2012

Diamond
GothicGamer2012
GothicGamer2012
Diamond
Personally I think 12 is too young even if the person in question is mature. Here are my reasons for this.

1. 12 year olds are more likely to make mistakes than a teenager or adult and less likely to take steps to prevent the same mistakes happening again unless they have significant consequences. Basically they are less efficient.

2. They are less knowledgeable/experienced at knowing how to deal with the aftermath of the mistakes they make.

3. They can be easily manipulated by many adults with malicious intent into giving out sensitive information or behaving inappropriately among other things even if they don't intend it. You can be ready for all the bad things in the world until one day you realize too late that you just got wrecked and had no idea.

4. Discord is required for a staff position and as Duckowap said, the minimum age for Discord is 13. If you're applying to enforce the rules of one place, you should abide by the rules of another platform required for the position else as a representative of Skycade, not only would it look bad on you but it looks bad on Skycade too. Judging from your profile you are 12 which means you are below Discord's minimum age requirement.

5. Staff can be harassed and insulted over/about their job and exposing a 12 year old to that isn't good for them at such a young age. Personally I am 21 now and still trying to deal with an anxiety disorder caused by events in my childhood and early teens. You may think you will be fine but so did I and today it still takes me 20 minutes sometimes longer to will myself to go for a walk if I don't flat out have a breakdown at the front door. I wouldn't condemn a child to that by supporting allowing them to charge headfirst into something they are probably not ready or prepared for.

I mean no offence by it but I am glad most people seem to disagree with lowering the age requirement. I believe accepting 12 year olds is disadvantageous for both Skycade and the person applying.

TessieBearr

epic gamer
Diamond
Gold
Iron
TessieBear
TessieBear
Diamond
The current age limit is fine, I don’t really see the problem with it.
Plus, if it was lowered it would violate discord’s TOS and that’s not a good idea to do in the first place, never mind having staff members that violate it.

DellCurry

DellCurry
DellCurry
Strongly disagree...

1. 13 is young enough
  2. On many servers we've seen that anyone who is 12 and under is usually immature, unprofessional, and cannot handle the staff role
  3. Also if your 12 or younger most likely you just won't make a great "look" for skycade either
Sorry if this offends anyone but yeah..

The Fire Man

The_Fire_ManYT
The_Fire_ManYT
Yeah I understand. I just thought that maybe it might happen.i help run a clan in clash of clans with 40+ people and I can see this from their point of view I want what’s best for the server and I guess this might be it. I guess I have to wait till feb 7th 2020 to apply thanks for the feedback on my opinion. I will continue to play Skycade and will suggest more of my ideas in the future.Have a nice day all of you.(please don’t lock this thread because I kinda want to see more peoples reasoning)

BirthToBabies

plz
Diamond
BirthToBabies
BirthToBabies
Diamond
FOR MY 13TH BIRTHDAY
I WANNA BECOME A SKYCADE HELPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarvelDC

Skyblock Manager
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond
Developer
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
Developer
Locked to prevent post farming - OP knows they will have to wait, nevertheless, good luck if you apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.