What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Staff denying reports

do staff have the right to deny threads created before the ban?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thendermanSlime

kazo0o
kazo0o
when i report and they get banned an hour later just for staff to say "sorry but this player has already been punished. Denied Locked." that gets on my nerves. anyone else?

Fancy_Dinners_

I'm the Boss 😎
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
No, now stop post farming

ProSl3nderMan

DrPepper Sponsor
MVP
Emerald
Diamond
ProSl3nderMan
ProSl3nderMan
MVP
when i report and they get banned an hour later just for staff to say "sorry but this player has already been punished. Denied Locked." that gets on my nerves. anyone else?
You left out the "Thank you for reporting" part, surely them thanking you should be enough to not bother you?
No, now stop post farming
Ok how is that a post farm. If anything that reply was a post farm.
I think Fancy Dinners calls this post farming because it really doesn't warrant a whole thread to its self, maybe a profile post would be more adequate?

CaitlinEJH

Emerald
Diamond
Ioyo
Ioyo
Emerald
This gets me all the time just seeing my thread denied.
-Tech

Kaissa

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Diamond
Gold
Iron
vhyn
vhyn
Diamond
The only issue is how long it takes for them to get banned.
Not a lot of staff are viewing the site when they're mainly in game.
Yes, some cheaters should be banned quicker but as long as they get banned there shouldn't be an issue.

Kwuffin

If you do anything, you might as well do it good.
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
What, why, how in the heck could it bother you that a person doesn’t get banned.
There’s always a reason for it, either:
1. They’re already banned (which is an even better thing, right????? Why would you be mad at this.)
2. Your evidence was insufficient which is your fault, not staff’s fault.
3. The reason you reported someone for is not bannable.

If it gets denied, it gets denied.

Archie

I'm the guy with the 0.9 K/D
Diamond
ItzArchie
ItzArchie
Diamond
All staff appreciates reports, accepted or denied.

I think no matter what status your thread is at after revision, staff appreciate you because YOU have taken a little amount of time out your day to report and made Skycade an all-round better server.

MelissaWDS

𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 ✦
Staff member
MelissaWDS
MelissaWDS
This could just be me, when I deal with reports like this where the player was already banned, but I don’t necessarily state that they are denied. I don’t see why they would be in a ”denied” state, when the reason is simply because they are already banned. They are not necessarily accepted either as that would mean the only evidence we have is on the report, which would not be the case as there is evidence elsewhere. I would hope that “Thankyou for reporting, but the player is already banned” means ‘we appreciate you reporting‘ to you, and that it’s not necessarily denied, it’s really just extra evidence which is always helpful. Not speaking on behalf of all staff, this is just how I deal with these reports, doubt i’m the only one though c:

Joostagram

big boss of builders
Staff member
Administrator
Builder
Diamond
ILoveErhip
ILoveErhip
Admininistrator
Is that really that big of a deal?

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
They have all the rights to do that, it's up to them if they want to deny them.

thendermanSlime

kazo0o
kazo0o
You left out the "Thank you for reporting" part, surely them thanking you should be enough to not bother you?
it just feels like an empty say of gratitude; players minimods like pigmatt get their reports accepted more, and I feel that it could be just more credibility towards them.

It also makes me feel like i can't get enough credit to be accepted once i apply for staff.

Kwuffin

If you do anything, you might as well do it good.
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
it just feels like an empty say of gratitude; players minimods like pigmatt get their reports accepted more, and I feel that it could be just more credibility towards them.

It also makes me feel like i can't get enough credit to be accepted once i apply for staff.
Just like Joostagram said.

Is it that big of a a deal...

It's only a report, they're not a huge deal and don't impact your chances to get accepted as staff at all. PigMatt has never gotten staff either.

PigMatt

Social Distancing
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
it just feels like an empty say of gratitude; players minimods like pigmatt get their reports accepted more, and I feel that it could be just ore credibility towards them.

As you report more players, you get better at understanding what evidence is sufficient.
I also recently started delete reports I make if the player is already punished (If I can).

Staff aren't bias when doing reports by me, they just accept suggestion evidence.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Not saying I have gotten 30 players punished but I did get 30 players punished.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Instead of saying the report being denied, they can just say “Thank you for reporting, player has been punished already, locked” instead of denying it or saying it’s denied if the evidence does clearly show enough to warrant a ban but being that as it may the player is already punished so denying it would make no sense. Best thing to do is for staff to say thank you and lock the report.

Beaverman1

You've seen my voiceover video's
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
uh, no it doesn't. I couldn't care less if i'm honest

Status
Not open for further replies.