Staff look at and read this fully.

ANewHope

Hello There
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
I saw some staff respond to some similar threads that didn't have much effort put into them so I'm going to make a bunch of points here. Please respond only HELPFUL cirtisism or if you agree. Don't comment that the server is "dying" or "dead". This is a thread to try and help the server not bring it down.
- Better communication I would say between staff members before / after punishing someone I think would be helpful.

- Factions, most staff members don't understand faction rules well and ban for stuff that is hard to understand / confusing. (Yes I know everyone makes mistakes and the person who was punished can appeal but that is a hastle as most factions players appeals stay open for 2-3 days).
- Make cane good, have hoes that can be upgraded to make cane sell for more or autosell in your inv.

- With the representatives helping the gamemodes they represent maybe make groups in the staff team that are especially good / understand factions / smp / kitpvp / skyblocks rules that can be mentioned / asked if anything needs to be clarified or changed. Having smaller groups would be better as staff that don't really play kitpvp for example might respond to a change that Taon suggests when that change doesn't effect them.

- Bias - Some can improve on being less bias, some staff prefer to help their island, gang, factions or friends more than others or accept /deny reports / appeals based on who they like. Taon2 is a great staff member because of how neutral he is in every situation.

- Being more inclusive / friendly to everyone, No matter a staff members current status or past status a staff member should keep their cool and still be respectful to the player even if the player isn't being respectful back. If the staff member doesn't think they can keep their cool just walk away from the conversation and get another staff member to monitor it. I myself didn't do this as staff but should have.

- Connection to the community, have more events that SrMods / Admins can host with new staff and current staff so the community can hang out / get to know those staff members better. MCParks has a great few small events that Skycade should look at to get inspiration.

- Connection to the community p2, Have more announcements or updates on future gamemode releases, resets, features, etc. Let the community be involved more and have a general understanding of how the next season will go. The poll for the factions pvp style was great, I feel as there should be more of those for each gamemode.

- Denying appeals, I have seen that some people get perm banned and then wait 3-4 months to appeal. When they finally do and if it MAYBE gets accepted normally the staff member that accepts the appeal tells them they were reduced to 2 weeks or 30days. I think that if the player waits months to appeal they should have either an immediate reduction or a 7 day reduction. Two weeks or one month is too much after waiting 3-4 months already to appeal and hope it gets accepted. Also the appeal system should be looked at closely again my management. If a staff member bans someone that they don't like and appeals, the staff member that deals with the appeal has to ask the staff member that banned if they want them unbanned or not. Changing that system would help with the Bias part of this thread.

-Threads like these, Most of the time when people make threads like this a few mods, joosta will respond, and maybe Taon. We as the players / community want more. We expect when we spend time making a thread on the problems we see for someone else high up to respond. Maybe have a place in slack to send threads that highlight problems in ?

-Staff , If you see a joke about another staff member / server / staff team and want to respond something, don't. At the end of the day YOU represent Skycade just as much as Jack does to the players. If a staff member is seen by new players argueing with players over something stupid they will most likely have a poor view on that staff member / server.

Will be adding more to this as time goes along.
DISCLAIMER FOR STAFF. I have no beef with any certain staff member and In no way want this to seem disrespectful to anyone on the team. If you are staff and have a problem with something in the thread please feel free to dm me on discord. I was on the staff / build team and respect the work that you all do but I think there are some problems.

Last edited:

Thebock69

LittleGirlParts
LittleGirlParts
Maybe even seeing more of the admins I’ve been very active for the passed 2 to 3 weeks and I think I’ve seen one admin the whole time playing and when I asked them for help I was ignored

TheTigerStone123

_Na1to
_Na1to
I saw some staff respond to some similar threads that didn't have much effort put into them so I'm going to make a bunch of points here. Please respond only HELPFUL cirtisism or if you agree. Don't comment that the server is "dying" or "dead". This is a thread to try and help the server not bring it down.
- Better communication I would say between staff members before / after punishing someone I think would be helpful.

- Factions, most staff members don't understand faction rules well and ban for stuff that is hard to understand / confusing. (Yes I know everyone makes mistakes and the person who was punished can appeal but that is a hastle as most factions players appeals stay open for 2-3 days).
- Make cane good, have hoes that can be upgraded to make cane sell for more or autosell in your inv.

- With the representatives helping the gamemodes they represent maybe make groups in the staff team that are especially good / understand factions / smp / kitpvp / skyblocks rules that can be mentioned / asked if anything needs to be clarified or changed. Having smaller groups would be better as staff that don't really play kitpvp for example might respond to a change that Taon suggests when that change doesn't effect them.

- Bias - Some can improve on being less bias, some staff prefer to help their island, gang, factions or friends more than others or accept /deny reports / appeals based on who they like. Taon2 is a great staff member because of how neutral he is in every situation.

- Being more inclusive / friendly to everyone, No matter a staff members current status or past status a staff member should keep their cool and still be respectful to the player even if the player isn't being respectful back. If the staff member doesn't think they can keep their cool just walk away from the conversation and get another staff member to monitor it. I myself didn't do this as staff but should have.

- Connection to the community, have more events that SrMods / Admins can host with new staff and current staff so the community can hang out / get to know those staff members better. MCParks has a great few small events that Skycade should look at to get inspiration.

- Connection to the community p2, Have more announcements or updates on future gamemode releases, resets, features, etc. Let the community be involved more and have a general understanding of how the next season will go. The poll for the factions pvp style was great, I feel as there should be more of those for each gamemode.

- Denying appeals, I have seen that some people get perm banned and then wait 3-4 months to appeal. When they finally do and if it MAYBE gets accepted normally the staff member that accepts the appeal tells them they were reduced to 2 weeks or 30days. I think that if the player waits months to appeal they should have either an immediate reduction or a 7 day reduction. Two weeks or one month is too much after waiting 3-4 months already to appeal and hope it gets accepted. Also the appeal system should be looked at closely again my management. If a staff member bans someone that they don't like and appeals, the staff member that deals with the appeal has to ask the staff member that banned if they want them unbanned or not. Changing that system would help with the Bias part of this thread.

-Threads like these, Most of the time when people make threads like this a few mods, joosta will respond, and maybe Taon. We as the players / community want more. We expect when we spend time making a thread on the problems we see for someone else high up to respond. Maybe have a place in slack to send threads that highlight problems in ?

-Staff , If you see a joke about another staff member / server / staff team and want to respond something, don't. At the end of the day YOU represent Skycade just as much as Jack does to the players. If a staff member is seen by new players argueing with players over something stupid they will most likely have a poor view on that staff member / server.

DISCLAIMER FOR STAFF. I have no beef with any certain staff member and In no way want this to seem disrespectful to anyone on the team. If you are staff and have a problem with something in the thread please feel free to dm me on discord. I was on the staff / build team and respect the work that you all do but I think there are some problems.
AMEN TO THIS (I don't want to read it but all I can take is the server is bad and it needs to be better)

ANewHope

Hello There
Builder
Diamond
ANewHope
ANewHope
Builder
Maybe even seeing more of the admins I’ve been very active for the passed 2 to 3 weeks and I think I’ve seen one admin the whole time playing and when I asked them for help I was ignored
A lot of admins work behind the scenes and miss a few messages in chat, alerts from the a/c spam your chat too. Just dm them on discord a lot easier.

Joostagram

send cat pics pls
MVP
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
MVP
A lot of admins work behind the scenes and miss a few messages in chat, alerts from the a/c spam your chat too. Just dm them on discord a lot easier.
Tfw you turn alerts on when you log in and get your chat spammed by someone who triggered 10k+ alerts in less than 2 minutes
Bye bye chat

PigMatt

rip skycade
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Tfw you turn alerts on when you log in and get your chat spammed by someone who triggered 10k+ alerts in less than 2 minutes
Bye bye chat
/punish alerts ezpz

Parmanbir

Diamond
PRMBR
PRMBR
Diamond

Skycade is garbage mate it’s gonna shut down cuz they gonna go broke

HotDawger

H to the D, SMP Manager
Staff member
Manager
Administrator
MVP
Diamond
HotDawger
HotDawger
Manager
I appreciate you taking time out of the day to give us this helpful criticism. I will definitely use these points and take them into account.

Maho

UwU > OwO #spreadthetruth
Diamond
Maaho
Maaho
Diamond
this might be difficult to manage, but having multiple staff assess each situation could help with staff bias

xLdmPlayz

Diamond
Iron
SpectraltheDuke
SpectraltheDuke
Diamond
this might be difficult to manage, but having multiple staff assess each situation could help with staff bias
This already happens with appeals as far as I am considered. I don't really see the points for reports however since you could just appeal and get unbanned. Would also take ages and appeals already take long enough.
I've seen some Sr Mods do events with the hacker cage within the past month. However they are few and far between so more of them would be useful.

Slaavic

Slaavic
Slaavic
This already happens with appeals as far as I am considered. I don't really see the points for reports however since you could just appeal and get unbanned. Would also take ages and appeals already take long enough.

I've seen some Sr Mods do events with the hacker cage within the past month. However they are few and far between so more of them would be useful.
A hacker cage IS NOT an event lmfao, an event is when a server like factions would all come together or against each other and compete in a challenge and the winner or faction that wins would get an prize. it would also be good if participants get a small reward so that new players or smaller factions will want to join in with the events, instead of big factions or good players winning everything. I am sure the staff could get some well known faction players or representatives to coordinate the events, this would mean that staff can continue with their jobs while people start to enjoy skycade again.

All4MC

me
Diamond
All4MC
All4MC
Diamond
A hacker cage IS NOT an event lmfao, an event is when a server like factions would all come together or against each other and compete in a challenge and the winner or faction that wins would get an prize. it would also be good if participants get a small reward so that new players or smaller factions will want to join in with the events, instead of big factions or good players winning everything. I am sure the staff could get some well known faction players or representatives to coordinate the events, this would mean that staff can continue with their jobs while people start to enjoy skycade again.
I think he means the illegal fight rings, i have only whitnessed that event once before tho

All4MC

me
Diamond
All4MC
All4MC
Diamond
I like this thread, it goes into alot of detail of this topic (or any other threads similar) , Although alot of people think the server is "dying" i think its also there has been alot less publicity. The server has great staff and community, but theres always room for improvement . I personally dont think it is"dying" or "dead".

Kwuffin

Fulltime pain in the ass
Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
It’s funny how you have to say explicitly that this is “HELPFUL criticism”, because I think if you didn’t, this would just be one of those other discussions that lead to nowhere, where people think of bad excuses for their actions.

At the end of the day YOU represent Skycade just as much as Jack does to the players.
Imo, this is a very important one. The tasks that come with being a moderator isn’t “just enforcing the rules”. Being a moderator is hard, but that’s why the job is not fit for everyone. Everybody makes mistakes, and that's okay. But little to nothing is done to prevent making those mistakes or make it easier on the staff.
- Update the rules with clearer and more in-depth rules
- Educate your staff members better
- Update the staff guide (or whatever it's called)

Slaavic

Slaavic
Slaavic
I think he means the illegal fight rings, i have only whitnessed that event once before tho
This is only one person fighting a hacker? Not really an event, only one person will kill the hacker and then it is over, there is no reward and the chance of being picked to go into the hacker cage is slim. I can see how it can be classed as an event but why give the hacker a fun time pvping when they should just be banned straight away? This could attract hackers to hack again, to try be in jack's video or get in the hacker's cage, and this would ruin legit player's work by hackers keep coming back. In my opinion there shouldn't be any events that revolve around cheaters.

All4MC

me
Diamond
All4MC
All4MC
Diamond
This is only one person fighting a hacker? Not really an event, only one person will kill the hacker and then it is over, there is no reward and the chance of being picked to go into the hacker cage is slim. I can see how it can be classed as an event but why give the hacker a fun time pvping when they should just be banned straight away? This could attract hackers to hack again, to try be in jack's video or get in the hacker's cage, and this would ruin legit player's work by hackers keep coming back. In my opinion there shouldn't be any events that revolve around cheaters.
No i think its not hackers just normal players. and not always hosted by jack. i seen it hosted by other staff i think it was space but i wasnt 100%

Slaavic

Slaavic
Slaavic
No i think its not hackers just normal players
That doesn't make sense, why would there be two legit players fighting in the hacker cage when there is an arena for that? Or if they wanted to 1v1 they can go to the hub and /1v1 them.

All4MC

me
Diamond
All4MC
All4MC
Diamond
That doesn't make sense, why would there be two legit players fighting in the hacker cage when there is an arena for that? Or if they wanted to 1v1 they can go to the hub and /1v1 them.
I have no clue. this was back in may and you had to have empty inv and fight. you got chosen at random by the staff.

Slaavic

Slaavic
Slaavic
I have no clue. this was back in may and you had to have empty inv and fight. you got chosen at random by the staff.
I remember WelshAlex hosting events, there was a maze event and a sumo event as far as i know, maybe these should come back and be a weekly event?

All4MC

me
Diamond
All4MC
All4MC
Diamond
I remember WelshAlex hosting events, there was a maze event and a sumo event as far as i know, maybe these should come back and be a weekly event?
I agree i think there should be more random events like this. The normal daily events might get a bit boring

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.