???

Staff system suggestion

Honeydewharibo

toe
Iron
Honeydewharibo
Honeydewharibo
Iron
Hello so i wanted to discuss a suggestion for the staffing on the server. Obviously staff meetings do take place, from my knowledge however this is only once a month. I feel these should happen every 1-2 weeks, with some ideas that i have. These meetings will include:

Promotions And Datasheets:
Personally i believe that the staff who work hard on the server should be praised openly for what they do to improve the motivation of the staff and perhaps even rewarded. With the use of datasheets this can be done at ease. These datasheets will display a count of each staff members punishments. I am aware that some may not have the time to be spending their time staff and those with appropriate reasons for time of should be able to give notice of this excluding them from the weeks data. With the data inputted those who are receptively appearing with high amounts of bans and overall punishments should be promoted.
However those who appear to be getting low amounts of bans (busy people excused) may be demoted. With this system staff would be more motivated to get more punishments. If bans are very similar among all staff than demotions and promotions may not be needed to be issued.

Community suggestions:
Another suggestion i feel that would work great within the meetings is discussing some of the popular suggestions created on the forums. The most upvoted and highly supported suggestions should be brung up and discussed gaining staff opinions. Staff know the most on the server and therefore their opinion would work great to ensure useless and unwanted things are not implemented onto the server.

Updates and new content:
Any new things and content added to the server or upcoming should be told to the staff and made sure that they understand what is going on the server. Many times i have noticed mixed opinions on the staff team and the lack of assurance with some rules or features. Staff who are well aware are more effective and can give out more support to the community.

Staff anonymous opinions:
Finally questions and queries should be able to be given out both openly and anonymously. Any worries and concerns can be given out and heard and taken in making sure all staff are comfortable working and also able to shed their ideas for the server and what needs fixing or improving.

Please feel free to leave any questions or opinions down below and i will be answering to any replies. Thankyou

ItxNova

better than negative
Diamond
ItxNova
ItxNova
Diamond
@erhip take notes this is actually good

HotDawger

H to the D
Staff member
MVP
Emerald
Diamond
HotDawger
HotDawger
Promotions And Datasheets:
Personally i believe that the staff who work hard on the server should be praised openly for what they do to improve the motivation of the staff and perhaps even rewarded. With the use of datasheets this can be done at ease. These datasheets will display a count of each staff members punishments. I am aware that some may not have the time to be spending their time staff and those with appropriate reasons for time of should be able to give notice of this excluding them from the weeks data. With the data inputted those who are receptively appearing with high amounts of bans and overall punishments should be promoted.
However those who appear to be getting low amounts of bans (busy people excused) may be demoted. With this system staff would be more motivated to get more punishments. If bans are very similar among all staff than demotions and promotions may not be needed to be issued.
This is the only thing I see somewhat of a problem with, as different gamemodes get different amounts of rule breakers. For example, many more people hack/break the rules overall on KitPvP vs SMP, so what stops an SMP main who is much more active and helpful than a kit main (just for the sake of comparison) from being demoted?

Otherwise these are all pretty good suggestions

Honeydewharibo

toe
Iron
Honeydewharibo
Honeydewharibo
Iron
This is the only thing I see somewhat of a problem with, as different gamemodes get different amounts of rule breakers. For example, many more people hack/break the rules overall on KitPvP vs SMP, so what stops an SMP main who is much more active and helpful than a kit main from being demoted?

Otherwise these are all pretty good suggestions
I dont think staff should be set to one gamemode and instead be more free flowing therefore supporting the servers that need support when someone isnt there. It gives more flexibility for the server and its staff

stonercanoe

Iron
HypewsIsWorst
HypewsIsWorst
Iron
I dont think staff should be set to one gamemode and instead be more free flowing therefore supporting the servers that need support when someone isnt there. It gives more flexibility for the server and its staff
I get that, ideally u want staff that know most gamemodes. But i think having staff that main smp is good, as long as they know how to catch kit hacks when reports are made. I agree with both points

Honeydewharibo

toe
Iron
Honeydewharibo
Honeydewharibo
Iron
I get that, ideally u want staff that know most gamemodes. But i think having staff that main smp is good, as long as they know how to catch kit hacks when reports are made. I agree with both points
Staff should be trained on how to catch or deal with rule breakers on all servers. Teaching them just one isnt effective an at some point useless.

HotDawger

H to the D
Staff member
MVP
Emerald
Diamond
HotDawger
HotDawger
Alright, so what if a staff member contributes greatly in other areas but is in the lower half of punishments? I'm just trying to think the full thing out here.

Honeydewharibo

toe
Iron
Honeydewharibo
Honeydewharibo
Iron
Alright, so what if a staff member contributes greatly in other areas but is in the lower half of punishments? I'm just trying to think the full thing out here.
What would you mean by other areas

HotDawger

H to the D
Staff member
MVP
Emerald
Diamond
HotDawger
HotDawger
What would you mean by other areas
Things such as helping players, having very extensive knowledge, providing top ideas for gamemodes, activity, etc.

Honeydewharibo

toe
Iron
Honeydewharibo
Honeydewharibo
Iron
Things such as helping players, having very extensive knowledge, providing top ideas for gamemodes, activity, etc.
Then good extra work can be rewarded. The main part of being staff no doubt is to punish those who break the rules and enforce them correctly and as its written. Most of the work done on the forums is done within the reports and leading to going on the server an punishing players. If a staff member has the time to help someone, they surely have enough time to ban someone. A lot of difference in what takes the most effort obviously this does depend on what the player may need help with.

HotDawger

H to the D
Staff member
MVP
Emerald
Diamond
HotDawger
HotDawger
Then good extra work can be rewarded. The main part of being staff no doubt is to punish those who break the rules correctly and as its written. Most of the work done on the forums is done within the reports and leading to going on the server an punishing players. If a staff member has the time to help someone, they surely have enough time to ban someone. A lot of difference in what takes the most effort obviously this does depend on what the player may need help with.
Sound, it just seemed a bit like you were only judging staff based on their amount of punishments, and I see that I was wrong

TheGreenBanner

pogman38
pogman38
People wouldn't become staff if they could only play Kit. Also that would mean more hackers on smp :O

TheGreenBanner

pogman38
pogman38
its not all about the bans. honestly mods keep skycade together

TrySimple

Factions Manager & Sr. Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
Staff shouldn't be sticking to one gamemode, at the moment we really only have 2 or 3 depending on what versions you play on. *FACTIONS IS GETTING IT'S BUTT INTO GEAR*

But when we do have multiple servers then yes staff should experience the other communities and try to at least get the gist of the rules for that server.

I loved going on SMP and instead of catching hackers, people had me sign their walls and I have lovely chats with a lot of people. It's also the most fun to troll since I can legally harm your soul there >:]

A lot of this thread I like and some parts we already do, while other things maybe not clear to players whether they're done or not.

I am writing this while sleepy so I'll write more later

Honeydewharibo

toe
Iron
Honeydewharibo
Honeydewharibo
Iron
its not all about the bans. honestly mods keep skycade together
not going to bother replying to this and instead going to quote what i previously said the the exact same argument:
Then good extra work can be rewarded. The main part of being staff no doubt is to punish those who break the rules and enforce them correctly and as its written. Most of the work done on the forums is done within the reports and leading to going on the server an punishing players. If a staff member has the time to help someone, they surely have enough time to ban someone. A lot of difference in what takes the most effort obviously this does depend on what the player may need help with

Honeydewharibo

toe
Iron
Honeydewharibo
Honeydewharibo
Iron
Staff shouldn't be sticking to one gamemode, at the moment we really only have 2 or 3 depending on what versions you play on. *FACTIONS IS GETTING IT'S BUTT INTO GEAR*

But when we do have multiple servers then yes staff should experience the other communities and try to at least get the gist of the rules for that server.

I loved going on SMP and instead of catching hackers, people had me sign their walls and I have lovely chats with a lot of people. It's also the most fun to troll since I can legally harm your soul there >:]

A lot of this thread I like and some parts we already do, while other things maybe not clear to players whether they're done or not.

I am writing this while sleepy so I'll write more later
love to see a higher ups opinion so thankyou

T2NA

muppet
Diamond
T2NA
T2NA
Diamond
think its safe to say skycade is completely done for when honeydewharibo is able to do it better than the staff

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.