What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STORE CHANGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Youtuber
Staff member
Youtuber
JackSucksAtMC
JackSucksAtMC
Hello! As most of you know Skycade has always tried to be a friendly, non pay2win server that people can play & progress on without needing to spend IRL money.
Because of that we’ve never sold ranks that include perks and kits, and we gave everyone lots of permissions in game that on most servers you’d have to pay for such as /echest. We did however sell a few things such as /eat, /craft and crate keys to help us pay the bills. Last April we took this philosophy one step further and went completely EULA-Compliant, meaning we took away anything that gave players even a small in game advantage from our IRL money store. This change over the past few months has become increasingly unsustainable, as a result some of you may have seen we recently had an in game poll to ask our players if they’d like us to revert this change, and overwhelmingly you voted ‘yes’ or ‘I don’t mind’. So as of the 8th of December, with the launch of Season 12 of Factions, we’ll be rereleasing keys and balanced permissions packs!! - ranks will remain completely non pay2win and will not include kits or permissions. We’ll be doing this across all our gamemodes.

Downsides:
- When we removed crates our profits immediately cut in half, we expected this and were fine with it. But this continued to drop as months followed. I estimate that if we do not add crates & perm packs back now the server won't be making enough profit to stay open in 4 months time.

• Our revenue was already at least 5x lower than other servers our size before the change because of our attitude to non pay2win stuff.
  • We spent a lot of money preparing for the change, particularly on development of ranks in a non pay2win way. Ranks have helped massively in keeping the lights on over the past 8 months, but have in no way made up for the losses.
  • We never expected but somewhat hoped for a playerboost as a result of our changes, which didn’t happen.
  • We also somewhat hoped, as a server that has hit over a thousand players on several occasions, that we’d get some extra help or contact from Mojang employees since we’re, as far as I know, the biggest ever EULA Compliant network that isn’t based on minigames. Mojang did not help, despite our applications.
  • A lack of revenue means a lot of things, but the primary issues it creates is our inability to grow the network both in development terms (we pay our devs, and they’re expensive) and in terms of YouTube promotion we currently can’t dream of competing with large pay2win networks who can afford to pay YouTubers much more than we can.
  • Even after we add crates back to the store, Skycade will still be way more balanced than 90% of Minecraft Java servers currently operating.

What’s changing?

• We’ll be introducing new keys that you can buy from store.skycade.net for yourself - not just keyalls - on Factions, Skyblock, KitPvP and Prisons on December the 8th. Keys will of course still be balanced and not ridiculously OP!
  • We’ll be reintroducing permissions packs (so you can buy stuff like /eat from store.skycade.net) on Factions, SMP and Skyblock on December the 8th. We’ve also added a thing where you can /vote for temporary fly on Skyblock as we understand it’s a somewhat big thing to have there, and if you can’t spend money you can access it this way.
  • We WON’T be changing ranks. Ranks will remain entirely non pay2win, so don’t expect to see ‘Gold’ or ‘Diamond’ ranked kits floating around on Factions.

Thanks for taking your time to read this thread, we appreciate you all in playing and understand that this might frustrate a small portion of our players but we’d rather keep the lights on than eventually have to close down due to a lack of funds. We sold crates for 2 years and no one had any problems with it. People always kick off when something changes but thank you for supporting this decision!!! :D

"After Reset Keys" for Saturday's Factions reset are now available. Buying them before the reset goes live will mean you'll receive them the first time you log in at a large discount!

Jack & the Team

EDIT: Yes, we'll also add claim upgrades for SMP!!

Last edited:

Bcof

Skycade HELPER
Staff member
Helper
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Helper
Amazing suggestion, lets do this. Good ideas

MrSwalbert

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
MrSwalbert
MrSwalbert
Looking forward to these changes! Good decisions have been made :D

MarvelDC

forgets functions I wrote yesterday
Staff member
Diamond
MarvelDC
MarvelDC
Fully supporting it, I know how hard it is to keep something up when everything puts it down.

Materializing

❊ the rando ❊
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Diamond
I sure hope this works out for you all!
Beware of the snakes :>

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Diamond
FurgoDoesStuff
FurgoDoesStuff
Builder
Keep Skycade alive whatever the cost!

Joostagram

has too many tattoos
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Builder
Diamond
furstagram
furstagram
Senior Moderator
I'm excited about Skycade's future. The server keeps on growing and it would sadden me to see it shut down. I'm supporting this idea, it was a wise decision <3

Jimbobads

The First Builder
Diamond
Jimbobads
Jimbobads
Helper
I'm glad the team have come up with a solution to a problem in order to keep such an amazing server alive. It looks like the new store items will bring in a lot of fun changes!

A3_

A3_
A3_
I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT. I WILL BE HERE FOR MENTAL SUPPORT IF YOU NEED IT. JUST DM ME.

Amanwild [Your Toaster]

Diamond
Amanwild
Amanwild
Diamond
Hello! As most of you know Skycade has always tried to be a friendly, non pay2win server that people can play & progress on without needing to spend IRL money.
Because of that we’ve never sold ranks that include perks and kits, and we gave everyone lots of permissions in game that on most servers you’d have to pay for such as /echest. We did however sell a few things such as /eat, /craft and crate keys to help us pay the bills. Last April we took this philosophy one step further and went completely EULA-Compliant, meaning we took away anything that gave players even a small in game advantage from our IRL money store. This change over the past few months has become increasingly unsustainable, as a result some of you may have seen we recently had an in game poll to ask our players if they’d like us to revert this change, and overwhelmingly you voted ‘yes’ or ‘I don’t mind’. So as of the 8th of December, with the launch of Season 12 of Factions, we’ll be rereleasing keys and balanced permissions packs!! - ranks will remain completely non pay2win and will not include kits or permissions. We’ll be doing this across all our gamemodes.

Downsides:
- When we removed crates our profits immediately cut in half, we expected this and were fine with it. But this continued to drop as months followed. I estimate that if we do not add crates & perm packs back now the server won't be making enough profit to stay open in 4 months time.

• Our revenue was already at least 5x lower than other servers our size before the change because of our attitude to non pay2win stuff.
  • We spent a lot of money preparing for the change, particularly on development of ranks in a non pay2win way. Ranks have helped massively in keeping the lights on over the past 8 months, but have in no way made up for the losses.
  • We never expected but somewhat hoped for a playerboost as a result of our changes, which didn’t happen.
  • We also somewhat hoped, as a server that has hit over a thousand players on several occasions, that we’d get some extra help or contact from Mojang employees since we’re, as far as I know, the biggest ever EULA Compliant network that isn’t based on minigames. Mojang did not help, despite our applications.
  • A lack of revenue means a lot of things, but the primary issues it creates is our inability to grow the network both in development terms (we pay our devs, and they’re expensive) and in terms of YouTube promotion we currently can’t dream of competing with large pay2win networks who can afford to pay YouTubers much more than we can.
  • Even after we add crates back to the store, Skycade will still be way more balanced than 90% of Minecraft Java servers currently operating.

What’s changing?

• We’ll be introducing new keys that you can buy from store.skycade.net for yourself - not just keyalls - on Factions, Skyblock, KitPvP and Prisons on December the 8th. Keys will of course still be balanced and not ridiculously OP!
  • We’ll be reintroducing permissions packs (so you can buy stuff like /eat from store.skycade.net) on Factions, SMP and Skyblock on December the 8th. We’ve also added a thing where you can /vote for temporary fly on Skyblock as we understand it’s a somewhat big thing to have there, and if you can’t spend money you can access it this way.
  • We WON’T be changing ranks. Ranks will remain entirely non pay2win, so don’t expect to see ‘Gold’ or ‘Diamond’ ranked kits floating around on Factions.

Thanks for taking your time to read this thread, we appreciate you all in playing and understand that this might frustrate a small portion of our players but we’d rather keep the lights on than eventually have to close down due to a lack of funds. We sold crates for 2 years and no one had any problems with it. People always kick off when something changes but thank you for supporting this decision!!! :D

"After Reset Keys" for Saturday's Factions reset are now available. Buying them before the reset goes live will mean you'll receive them the first time you log in at a large discount!

Jack & the Team
About god dam time I will buy some ....... if I want to start playing again
(Edit: Alright never mind that most have quit so i don't plan to start again)

I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT. I WILL BE HERE FOR MENTAL SUPPORT IF YOU NEED IT. JUST DM ME.
This has deeply hurt me and i feel i have started to get depressed help me

Last edited:

_bq

Iron
_bq
_bq
Iron
Instead of spending money on ranks, spend on a good anti cheat ty?

erhip

New York - The big orange.
Staff member
MVP
Diamond
Furhip
Furhip

Downsides:

What’s changing?

Jack & the Team
Very nice. Love the perm pack being able to buy, Helps so much on every gamemode. Will you be selling SMP extra claims, im new to SMP and that side of skycade so i might be wrong/ might already be a thing but it'd be nice to claim more.

Matt6785

SolrFlare
SolrFlare
Wow this is a big change and gl with it and keep up the good work on the server :)

M1dge

Loadation
Loadation
So I won't have to grind in game money on smp to be able to fly? thank the lord jesus

Loopholed

bigvincii
bigvincii
Sounds like a good idea!
Hope it works out.

Rosemary

Ghost Rosemary Plant <3
MVP
Diamond
GhostlySage
GhostlySage
MVP
Waow this is a big change, I hope the new things help skycade and I'm excited tbh ^w^

Last edited:

Sombu

I'm back bois!
Diamond
Iron
Arcux
Arcux
Diamond
Good choice, I fully support this!

ClanMitchell

The time is 5:46 for anyone who is wondering
Diamond