What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STORE CHANGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc

def
Diamond
HandShaking
HandShaking
Diamond
Hello! As most of you know Skycade has always tried to be a friendly, non pay2win server that people can play & progress on without needing to spend IRL money.
Because of that we’ve never sold ranks that include perks and kits, and we gave everyone lots of permissions in game that on most servers you’d have to pay for such as /echest. We did however sell a few things such as /eat, /craft and crate keys to help us pay the bills. Last April we took this philosophy one step further and went completely EULA-Compliant, meaning we took away anything that gave players even a small in game advantage from our IRL money store. This change over the past few months has become increasingly unsustainable, as a result some of you may have seen we recently had an in game poll to ask our players if they’d like us to revert this change, and overwhelmingly you voted ‘yes’ or ‘I don’t mind’. So as of the 8th of December, with the launch of Season 12 of Factions, we’ll be rereleasing keys and balanced permissions packs!! - ranks will remain completely non pay2win and will not include kits or permissions. We’ll be doing this across all our gamemodes.

Downsides:
- When we removed crates our profits immediately cut in half, we expected this and were fine with it. But this continued to drop as months followed. I estimate that if we do not add crates & perm packs back now the server won't be making enough profit to stay open in 4 months time.

• Our revenue was already at least 5x lower than other servers our size before the change because of our attitude to non pay2win stuff.
  • We spent a lot of money preparing for the change, particularly on development of ranks in a non pay2win way. Ranks have helped massively in keeping the lights on over the past 8 months, but have in no way made up for the losses.
  • We never expected but somewhat hoped for a playerboost as a result of our changes, which didn’t happen.
  • We also somewhat hoped, as a server that has hit over a thousand players on several occasions, that we’d get some extra help or contact from Mojang employees since we’re, as far as I know, the biggest ever EULA Compliant network that isn’t based on minigames. Mojang did not help, despite our applications.
  • A lack of revenue means a lot of things, but the primary issues it creates is our inability to grow the network both in development terms (we pay our devs, and they’re expensive) and in terms of YouTube promotion we currently can’t dream of competing with large pay2win networks who can afford to pay YouTubers much more than we can.
  • Even after we add crates back to the store, Skycade will still be way more balanced than 90% of Minecraft Java servers currently operating.

What’s changing?

• We’ll be introducing new keys that you can buy from store.skycade.net for yourself - not just keyalls - on Factions, Skyblock, KitPvP and Prisons on December the 8th. Keys will of course still be balanced and not ridiculously OP!
  • We’ll be reintroducing permissions packs (so you can buy stuff like /eat from store.skycade.net) on Factions, SMP and Skyblock on December the 8th. We’ve also added a thing where you can /vote for temporary fly on Skyblock as we understand it’s a somewhat big thing to have there, and if you can’t spend money you can access it this way.
  • We WON’T be changing ranks. Ranks will remain entirely non pay2win, so don’t expect to see ‘Gold’ or ‘Diamond’ ranked kits floating around on Factions.

Thanks for taking your time to read this thread, we appreciate you all in playing and understand that this might frustrate a small portion of our players but we’d rather keep the lights on than eventually have to close down due to a lack of funds. We sold crates for 2 years and no one had any problems with it. People always kick off when something changes but thank you for supporting this decision!!! :D

"After Reset Keys" for Saturday's Factions reset are now available. Buying them before the reset goes live will mean you'll receive them the first time you log in at a large discount!

Jack & the Team

EDIT: Yes, we'll also add claim upgrades for SMP!!
YES LAD!!!

iiRyRy

ItsRy_
ItsRy_
These are some awesome changes and I do hope Skycade starts making a bit more to keep their servers open...one thing I do ask is that possibly some of that revenue going towards upgrading the servers? As a Factions player I've experienced TPS as low as 5 or 6 during events such as conquest and airdrop, but I do understand keeping the servers up is the main priority. Thanks for these updates c:

Pyrocinicql

Pyrocinicql
Pyrocinicql
Go Jack! (y):cool:

DogWater

DogWater
DogWater
anyone know if the auto sell chest will be for skyblock to? i hope it is :cry:

Poppciccle

Diamond
poppciccle
poppciccle
Diamond
Really supportive of these changes, would pesonally like some more perms and stuff for ranks but i really dont mind!

Unicornwings9

Unicornwings9
Unicornwings9
skycade is very pay2win

PhoenixHaven

PhoenixHaven
PhoenixHaven
pst Hey kid you wanna buy diamond rank? It's some strong stuff dude. It's only available at store.skycade.net

Tobymac

Iron
TobyMac
TobyMac
Iron
skycade is ruined :C

RyanIslandYT

TheInside
TheInside
Hello! As most of you know Skycade has always tried to be a friendly, non pay2win server that people can play & progress on without needing to spend IRL money.
Because of that we’ve never sold ranks that include perks and kits, and we gave everyone lots of permissions in game that on most servers you’d have to pay for such as /echest. We did however sell a few things such as /eat, /craft and crate keys to help us pay the bills. Last April we took this philosophy one step further and went completely EULA-Compliant, meaning we took away anything that gave players even a small in game advantage from our IRL money store. This change over the past few months has become increasingly unsustainable, as a result some of you may have seen we recently had an in game poll to ask our players if they’d like us to revert this change, and overwhelmingly you voted ‘yes’ or ‘I don’t mind’. So as of the 8th of December, with the launch of Season 12 of Factions, we’ll be rereleasing keys and balanced permissions packs!! - ranks will remain completely non pay2win and will not include kits or permissions. We’ll be doing this across all our gamemodes.

Downsides:
- When we removed crates our profits immediately cut in half, we expected this and were fine with it. But this continued to drop as months followed. I estimate that if we do not add crates & perm packs back now the server won't be making enough profit to stay open in 4 months time.

• Our revenue was already at least 5x lower than other servers our size before the change because of our attitude to non pay2win stuff.
  • We spent a lot of money preparing for the change, particularly on development of ranks in a non pay2win way. Ranks have helped massively in keeping the lights on over the past 8 months, but have in no way made up for the losses.
  • We never expected but somewhat hoped for a playerboost as a result of our changes, which didn’t happen.
  • We also somewhat hoped, as a server that has hit over a thousand players on several occasions, that we’d get some extra help or contact from Mojang employees since we’re, as far as I know, the biggest ever EULA Compliant network that isn’t based on minigames. Mojang did not help, despite our applications.
  • A lack of revenue means a lot of things, but the primary issues it creates is our inability to grow the network both in development terms (we pay our devs, and they’re expensive) and in terms of YouTube promotion we currently can’t dream of competing with large pay2win networks who can afford to pay YouTubers much more than we can.
  • Even after we add crates back to the store, Skycade will still be way more balanced than 90% of Minecraft Java servers currently operating.

What’s changing?

• We’ll be introducing new keys that you can buy from store.skycade.net for yourself - not just keyalls - on Factions, Skyblock, KitPvP and Prisons on December the 8th. Keys will of course still be balanced and not ridiculously OP!
  • We’ll be reintroducing permissions packs (so you can buy stuff like /eat from store.skycade.net) on Factions, SMP and Skyblock on December the 8th. We’ve also added a thing where you can /vote for temporary fly on Skyblock as we understand it’s a somewhat big thing to have there, and if you can’t spend money you can access it this way.
  • We WON’T be changing ranks. Ranks will remain entirely non pay2win, so don’t expect to see ‘Gold’ or ‘Diamond’ ranked kits floating around on Factions.

Thanks for taking your time to read this thread, we appreciate you all in playing and understand that this might frustrate a small portion of our players but we’d rather keep the lights on than eventually have to close down due to a lack of funds. We sold crates for 2 years and no one had any problems with it. People always kick off when something changes but thank you for supporting this decision!!! :D

"After Reset Keys" for Saturday's Factions reset are now available. Buying them before the reset goes live will mean you'll receive them the first time you log in at a large discount!

Jack & the Team

EDIT: Yes, we'll also add claim upgrades for SMP!!
Edit:How did i get into this settings #SubToJack he is good fella I love his vid's also my ign is:RyanIslandYT jack please meet me on 3-8 pm pst

BestNamesJeffMC

Inactive
Diamond
LordChairRR
LordChairRR
Diamond
I'm a bit late but nah bad👎👎👎

HelloNate_

Should I sleep? Yes, Do i? No
Diamond
BehavedMineman
BehavedMineman
Diamond
I don't like this because if people want to spend money on crate keys they have no more drive to because theres no op stuff to get cuz its not pay2win but if I buy iron I get nothing fun

Techman1

Diamond
Techman1
Techman1
Diamond
they should add a feture where ranks get free keys, iron rank could get 1 a week, gold 2 and diamond 3. Or atleast something like that because there is really no more drive to get ranks because everything in them is cosmetic and people want keys

KyloRen6428

Diamond
KyloRen6428
KyloRen6428
Diamond
yay finally

NAMclub1

WreckNoFear
WreckNoFear
Seems like a good idea if it's going to keep Skycade running! :D

OrangeOkapi

Okamics
Okamics
Oof, sorry bout whats going on with the server revenue. I'll try to support SkyCade though!

HelloNate_

Should I sleep? Yes, Do i? No
Diamond
BehavedMineman
BehavedMineman
Diamond
I want bold dab

itsmad99

itsmad99
itsmad99
"Skycade has always tried to be a friendly, non pay2win server that people can play & progress on without needing to spend IRL money. " Good joke Jack, really good joke. :DDD althouh your so lier. You need to pay for the services that gives you boosts like god dmd armor or so... So don't lie to us, that it is not pay2win server... Jack I HATE YOU.

pixelflow

r/jacksucksatlife manager
Diamond
pixelflow_
pixelflow_
Diamond
"Skycade has always tried to be a friendly, non pay2win server that people can play & progress on without needing to spend IRL money. " Good joke Jack, really good joke. :DDD althouh your so lier. You need to pay for the services that gives you boosts like god dmd armor or so... So don't lie to us, that it is not pay2win server... Jack I HATE YOU.
I don't understand what you're saying here. It has tried to be a friendly non-p2w server. The past year has been non-p2w? And you can play and progress without the need of IRL money, so this makes absolutely no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.