???

Strafe was removed?

Comby

Annoying
Iron
combyz
combyz
Iron
Alright, I want to know who asked WelshAlex to remove strafe. And why they thought it was a good idea.

I mean I get the sword is very powerful and all, but removing it entirely? That's a bit much. The armor is very weak on strafe but the sword is powerful, why not remove the strength?
It's that simple. So then it wouldn't be as powerful.

So Strafe was mostly everyone's favorite kit when they unlock it and the new players have to ruin it for the people who use it? 1v1ing won't be as fun anymore on the map.

I really just think whoever suggested this should be ashamed. I'm not sending any hate to you, but you need to think how it'll impact all kitpvp players from now on.

#BringStrafeBack

:>
I barley use strafe but i dont agree with removing it, since it is the favorite kit for many MANY players. If there are too many kits to add new ones you can better remove the kits that no-one use.

XXVrexzyzXX

Best AU
Diamond
Heapes
Heapes
Diamond
I was literally helper for less then 2 weeks? lmao besides even if I was staff at the time I don't have full control over the gamemode. I give my imput when I can and that's pretty much all.
nice

Dictator_Alideen

Iron
Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Iron
I was literally helper for less then 2 weeks? lmao besides even if I was staff at the time I don't have full control over the gamemode. I give my imput when I can and that's pretty much all.
input*

WelshAlex

WelshAlex
WelshAlex
"Strafe is literally everyone's favourite kit once they unlock it"
"Why not just remove strength"

...Strafe is everyone's favourite kit BECAUSE of the strength and how OP it is once you can soup. Removing strength ruins the kit. Not changing the kit makes it too OP.

So no, Strafe won't be making a return.

On the bright side we are adding 13 brand new kits that some of you might enjoy!

Comby

Annoying
Iron
combyz
combyz
Iron
"Strafe is literally everyone's favourite kit once they unlock it"
"Why not just remove strength"

...Strafe is everyone's favourite kit BECAUSE of the strength and how OP it is once you can soup. Removing strength ruins the kit. Not changing the kit makes it too OP.

So no, Strafe won't be making a return.

On the bright side we are adding 13 brand new kits that some of you might enjoy!
Yes, removing strength will ruin the kit. Hopefully the new kits will cover up the change

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
y'all gotta learn to move on, there are plenty of other kits out there :rolleyes:
Life isn't centred around strafe

Negative

Developer
MVP
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
MVP
Gonna throw my two sense in here even though I've said my opinion many times in chat:

Strafe has been a kit since the begining of time, we have had barely any content updates since Skycade bought Evo's kitpvp server. Yes there were some changes, but most things stayed the same.

As Alex said, everyone likes it because it's so OP, and everyone that has played before already know what kit to get when a reset happens, or when they hop on a fresh alt.

I'm happy Strafe will be gone, crazy that I'm saying it because I mained the kit. But the only reason I and all the other leaderboard players mained the kit is because it gets you kills.

Not saying the kit doesn't require any skill, you have to be real quick at souping and all that.

But for the people quitting JUST because they're removing strafe? Get over it. There will be, what? 14 new kits added? Lots of kit balancing? Bugs fixed? Changes to kit? New events? All new features? New crates? The list goes on. You really wanna quit just because a broken and overrated and overused kit is going to be removed? Lmao

Please, get over it and move on. It won't be coming back.

Last edited:

PigMatt

rip skycade
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Gonna throw my two sense in here even though I've said my opinion many times in chat:

Strafe has been a kit since the begining of time, we have had barely any content updates since Skycade bought Evo's kitpvp server. Yes there were some chances, but most things stayed the same.

As Alex said, everyone likes it because it's so OP, and everyone that has played before already know what kit to get when a reset happens, or when they hop on a fresh alt.

I'm happy Strafe will be gone, crazy that I'm saying it because I mained the kit. But the only reason I and all the other leaderboard players mained the kit is because it gets you kills.

Not saying the kit doesn't require any skill, you have to be real quick at souping and all that.

But for the people quitting JUST because they're removing strafe? Get over it. There will be, what? 14 new kits added? Lots of kit balancing? Bugs fixed? Changes to kit? New events? All new features? New crates? The list goes on. You really wanna quit just because a broken and overrated and overused kit was remove? Lmao

There is even another kit with speed.

Comby

Annoying
Iron
combyz
combyz
Iron

Strafe has been a kit since the begining of time, we have had barely any content updates since Skycade bought Evo's kitpvp server. Yes there were some changes, but most things stayed the same.

But for the people quitting JUST because they're removing strafe? Get over it. There will be, what? 14 new kits added? Lots of kit balancing? Bugs fixed? Changes to kit? New events? All new features? New crates? The list goes on. You really wanna quit just because a broken and overrated and overused kit is going to be removed? Lmao

I don't understand those people too, i love the kit strafe but with the updates that are coming, i don't really care that it's getting removed.

Duuucky

Iron
_DuckyMomo
_DuckyMomo
Iron
I think now that welsh commented I dont see why need to carry this on. Lock?

EditedKB

EditedKB
EditedKB
Strafe isn't OP. It's only "OP" if you know how to soup. Any kit can be "OP" if you can soup well with it.
However, I do think strafe should be removed along with other kits that have been around for a while. What's the point of having a new season with the same kits? It'll just be the same season on a different map.
The five (or however many) most popular kits should be swapped out for new kits so that less played kits can become the new popular kit. This gives lesser used kits and newer kits a chance to actually be played rather than ignored in favour of strafe or dubstep.
Skycade is actually right on this one.

Comby

Annoying
Iron
combyz
combyz
Iron
Strafe isn't OP. It's only "OP" if you know how to soup. Any kit can be "OP" if you can soup well with it.
However, I do think strafe should be removed along with other kits that have been around for a while. What's the point of having a new season with the same kits? It'll just be the same season on a different map.
The five (or however many) most popular kits should be swapped out for new kits so that less played kits can become the new popular kit. This gives lesser used kits and newer kits a chance to actually be played rather than ignored in favour of strafe or dubstep.
as NegativeKB sayed

BAJAROCK_

BAJAROCK
BAJAROCK
Skycade isn't real soup pvp! It takes no skill on skycade to soup. Your bowls physically gets removed automatically from your hot bar. It would be good for a change of kits.
They removed it because it’s easy to closet cheat with. It’s also the kit u closet cheated with for a year..
I don't like strafe kit all they do is run away. I like munchy. On that note strafe kit is op since you have high speed with a server with low hit detection and average Minecraft pvpers. Strafe kit will Outlast against dubstep in a 1v1 when the strafe always can flee easily. I beat a lot of kids in dubstep while they in strafe but I always found it of a nuisance.

Last edited:

Taon2

dev boi
MVP
Taon2
Taon2
MVP
Here's the kitpvp developer's view on why it was removed. It was initially my suggestion to remove strafe, and when confirming revamp ideas with Alex, he confirmed, btw.

In the code for strafe, which nobody on the planet knew about, there was a secret counter for each hit you landed. The more hits you landed in a row without being hit, the stronger each attack would become, with each successive hit dealing 0.1% more damage. It wasn't just strength effect boosting strafe. Keep in mind this plugin came from Evo, and that code was not created by us, so it was unnoticed. Strafe was removed not just because it dealt crazy damage and was op, but also because everyone played strafe.

https://gyazo.com/a3af562e86b40fe83a94e5e37a91c57f

The main reason for having 54 kits is to have a reason to play each of them. When most players only play 2 kits (dubstep and strafe) they need balancing. Strafe was removed because balancing it would be near impossible, as sonic is very similar and essentially a balanced version of strafe. Dubstep was nerfed slightly by removing 2 seconds from the resistance and adding some gold armor.

I hope that removing strafe makes players play each kit more, using a wider variety rather than just 2. That's just my input on the situation.

Hampuu

dead server
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Diamond
kitmaster op remove it, dubstep op remove it, staff trash keep it

PigMatt

rip skycade
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond

Negative

Developer
MVP
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
MVP
Is there a opfactions developer as well or just an assigned developer for kitpvp.
I think he means he's a kitpvp developer, he's working on the revamp solo, he fixes stuff on skyblock, smp, skygrid and everywhere else. There's no dev assigned to a certain gamemode lmao

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.