Status
Not open for further replies.

Worthiy

Worthiy#6666 UWU
Diamond
Worthiy
Worthiy
Diamond
So as a lot of ppl probably know strafe is going to be removed in the next kitpvp reset. Now I know the strafe coding is broken so removing the kit is a good idea but adding a kit in its place is needed. You could make a similar kit with something along the lines of speed 3, a wooden sword or axe, and like golden or chain boots. Ik strafe was a bit op and annoying to fight which is why I’m suggesting this as an alternative because it wouldn’t be that op anymore and people could actually have a chance at winning fights against this kit.

Dog

Bunndog
Bunndog

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
Gank kit is very similar to strafe already.

Doplh

Deeloze
Deeloze

ePixar/Austin

ePixar
ePixar
+1!! I totally agree with this. Hopefully one of the new 13 kits can be equivalent to strafe. Gank to strafe to me, is like Jesus kit to hydra. Even though Gank is kind of similar, it’s going to be hard for many of us to adopt and use more.

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
Regardless of if you think gank is similar to strafe, the point of the revamp is to find new kits that are fun and play them. Not to just go back to old reliable strafe and kick ass as it has been for the past four seasons. There isn't just one way to play the game mode, hopefully yall can have fun with the new kits without strafe being there.

Shea

Dr Jeans biggest fan
Diamond
Gold
Iron
AngolanWarlord
AngolanWarlord
Diamond
Regardless of if you think gank is similar to strafe, the point of the revamp is to find new kits that are fun and play them. Not to just go back to old reliable strafe and kick ass as it has been for the past four seasons. There isn't just one way to play the game mode, hopefully yall can have fun with the new kits without strafe being there.
Don't make kits like jumper that you can barely pvp with. Maybe then we will start to play other kits.

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Stole my ideas from discord 😢

Overall I would like to see it called strafe still, but with big downgrades on the weapons and armor.

I suggested that it should be gold boots that have unbreaking three on them. This is so you don’t see @NegativeKB or @Hamim getting like 300+ KS because their armor won’t break and they are living on like 1/2 heart which they heal up quickly because they were/are good. The armor would break to allow no more clutch hits and allow more damage to be dealt giving more new players who don’t have either a good kit or many kits that could possibly defend against the old strafe kit where I not the best at pvp but decent enough to go in and get hits in after being hit 4 times on half a heart just lowering the hp of the other and draining their armor and soup.

Another downgrade should be the sword, make it like a tool such as a gold pickaxe or shovel, this would make it so less damage anyways and you can’t sword block allowing archer kits to deal more damage to strafe while those who block hit unable to get combos or clutch hits in. While the tool should of course be made unbreakable it should have maybe sharp one on the pickaxe or sharp 2-3 on the hoe, mind you I’m not fully suggesting it be these tools but something that allows low damage while it still being able to deal some of any damage that make it a kit people want to use.

With the potion effects it should at least have speed 4 still otherwise it’d be a waste of time making such a kit as no one would use it while they use gank or another speed kit like sonic that gets speed 4 if not hit or take any form of damage. With the strength prob just take it away along with haste to make it easier on staff not having people block glitch with the haste and the power of the kit is lessened. Maybe if strength is kept it should been seen what it could really do damage wise to other kits.

Those are my main points of strafe others prob have suggestions to downgrade it further, but imo have strafe just make it so it’s fair to use while still having the majority of players who like having the speed and combo ability still actually play kit. Most new players when they find out about the kit they want to play kit till they get it so they can then be the one who go at speed 4 while comboing players. Personally I played kit for a bit to grind the coins out to get strafe and having strafe is fun mostly because of the speed and not the strength of the kit, but just comboing badly while with speed and having fun.

Please consider this @Taon2 and if you see it tell me your thoughts on it.

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer

Overall I would like to see it called strafe still, but with big downgrades on the weapons and armor.

I suggested that it should be gold boots that have unbreaking three on them. This is so you don’t see @NegativeKB or @Hamim getting like 300+ KS because their armor won’t break and they are living on like 1/2 heart which they heal up quickly because they were/are good. The armor would break to allow no more clutch hits and allow more damage to be dealt giving more new players who don’t have either a good kit or many kits that could possibly defend against the old strafe kit where I not the best at pvp but decent enough to go in and get hits in after being hit 4 times on half a heart just lowering the hp of the other and draining their armor and soup.

Another downgrade should be the sword, make it like a tool such as a gold pickaxe or shovel, this would make it so less damage anyways and you can’t sword block allowing archer kits to deal more damage to strafe while those who block hit unable to get combos or clutch hits in. While the tool should of course be made unbreakable it should have maybe sharp one on the pickaxe or sharp 2-3 on the hoe, mind you I’m not fully suggesting it be these tools but something that allows low damage while it still being able to deal some of any damage that make it a kit people want to use.

With the potion effects it should at least have speed 4 still otherwise it’d be a waste of time making such a kit as no one would use it while they use gank or another speed kit like sonic that gets speed 4 if not hit or take any form of damage. With the strength prob just take it away along with haste to make it easier on staff not having people block glitch with the haste and the power of the kit is lessened. Maybe if strength is kept it should been seen what it could really do damage wise to other kits.

Those are my main points of strafe others prob have suggestions to downgrade it further, but imo have strafe just make it so it’s fair to use while still having the majority of players who like having the speed and combo ability still actually play kit. Most new players when they find out about the kit they want to play kit till they get it so they can then be the one who go at speed 4 while comboing players. Personally I played kit for a bit to grind the coins out to get strafe and having strafe is fun mostly because of the speed and not the strength of the kit, but just comboing badly while with speed and having fun.

We've said it before and said it again, time was put into these new kits and strafe wont be coming back unfortunately.

If you want strafe but with less armor and weapon, go with Gank. Thats literally what you described.

SubatomiX

iiLogan
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
iiLogan
iiLogan
Emerald
^^

Adding on to Taon2, strafe's removal is still a debatable topic, but it's best for new players not instantly die from strafes. Gank will be your new friend from now on.

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
New warrior kit is to op lol have both tank and warrior perks from kitpvp, Dia armor with a dia sword yes op, but wait they did it worse, they added knockback and sharpness to it lol
Its the new op kit pls remove it before the new kitpvp start or nerf it

BAJAROCK_

BAJAROCK
BAJAROCK
Don't make kits like jumper that you can barely pvp with. Maybe then we will start to play other kits.
They didn't make the kits

Strafe kit hits strong and is fast and annoying to hit with skycade hit detection. It's not hard to run away while using the kit to refill and avoid being low on soups. How ever skycade isn't a true soup server and it plays out more like pot pvp with scroll warriors instead of hotkeying. I have gotten high ks with this kit and my sword ends up breaking before I died.
New warrior kit is to op lol have both tank and warrior perks from kitpvp, Dia armor with a dia sword yes op, but wait they did it worse, they added knockback and sharpness to it lol
They kits are old and always been really powerful and annoying to fight in close combat. This is why the kits are being removed so people will us the other kits made by Evo.

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
They didn't make the kits

Strafe kit hits strong and is fast and annoying to hit with skycade hit detection. It's not hard to run away while using the kit to refill and avoid being low on soups. How ever skycade isn't a true soup server and it plays out more like pot pvp with scroll warriors instead of hotkeying. I have gotten high ks with this kit and my sword ends up breaking before I died.

They kits are old and always been really powerful and annoying to fight in close combat. This is why the kits are being removed so people will us the other kits made by Evo.
no I mean the warrior kit for next season that ranked players could try out

Worthiy

Worthiy#6666 UWU
Diamond
Worthiy
Worthiy
Diamond
We've said it before and said it again, time was put into these new kits and strafe wont be coming back unfortunately.

If you want strafe but with less armor and weapon, go with Gank. Thats literally what you described.
I get we have gank which is awesome to still have but Personally there arnt really any fun kits to play except for strafe. Dub is fun but you guys changed that in the new update, kits like jumper are useless and your adding more useless kits to the new update. theres literally a kit that spanws zombies reskinned as ghosts to fight for you. That is completely useless and isn't really fun. Im not going to lie and say that uhc kit with the rod isnt good but still i think there needs to be a kit other than sonic that has an all-time speed over 2. Imo its fun having that speed and being able to circle around ppl and combo them which isnt really possible as gank has kb and isnt really that fast. also there are ppl who constantly run in archer and just spam bow which if you have ever played kit you would know is insanely annoying so gank being speed 2 isnt going to help kill other ppl with speed 2 kits such as archer.

NegativeKB

SrMod that does stuff i think
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Emerald
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Senior Moderator
I'm pretty sure I said this is another thread but, Strafe has always been a kit. It's been the same forever. Kitpvp is one of the most, if not, the most under-updated gamemode besides SMP. We are finally getting the update that we deserved for years and everyone is complaining about a stupid kit?

The point of a reset is getting new content, bug fixes, and more. KitPvP has lacked most of it for years. KitPvP's "resets" were just adding one or two new features (which is good for kitpvp), and resetting all the stats and coins. Nothing really special besides a chance for new sweats to get top kills. KitPvP is getting more changes than it has ever had since Skycade bought KitPvP from Evo. And everyone is complaining about one or two kits.

I genuinely think people should just live with the changes that will be made, cause they are made for the better. It's a chance for a fresh start.

kits like jumper are useless and your adding more useless kits
I don't think that's true, we do need some troll kits to mess with people. KitPvP shouldn't have all sweaty kits, it has defensive kits, offensive kits, and support kits. Jumper is useful in some cases, if you're trying to escape a strafe, you can jump up a mountain or a high place they cannot reach.

I'm thinking you think "useless" kits are for just the purpose of killing people, yes, the main point of KitPvP is to kill people. But the kits could be used for other purposes, to make kitpvp a more fun experience by just playing with the kits to troll around with friends.

there are ppl who constantly run in archer and just spam bow which if you have ever played kit you would know is insanely annoying so gank being speed 2 isnt going to help kill other ppl with speed 2 kits such as archer.
Actually you're slightly wrong here, when the archers turn around to bow, they:
1. Get slowed down
2. They can only shoot 1 arrow a second (as of the next update)

With Gank, for example, you have the same speed, even if you're hit by the arrow they still have to turn around and start running. Plenty of time to catch up with them. And Sonic at full speed is basically strafe, and if the archer doesn't hit you they're basically dead.

Actually I don't think that kit was touched that much, and yeah I played the beta tests, the KB swords during KOTHs were mad annoying. Even tho I was the one that started using it loool

Anyways, my point is, live with it. If you don't want to play a almost fully revamped kitpvp, don't. Just quit because of a stupidly op kit.

Last edited:

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
I'm pretty sure I said this is another thread but, Strafe has always been a kit. It's been the same forever. Kitpvp is one of the most, if not, the most under-updated gamemode besides SMP. We are finally getting the update that we deserved for years and everyone is complaining about a stupid kit?

The point of a reset is getting new content, bug fixes, and more. KitPvP has lacked most of it for years. KitPvP's "resets" were just adding one or two new features (which is good for kitpvp), and resetting all the stats and coins. Nothing really special besides a chance for new sweats to get top kills. KitPvP is getting more changes than it has ever had since Skycade bought KitPvP from Evo. And everyone is complaining about one or two kits.

I genuinely think people should just live with the changes that will be made, cause they are made for the better. It's a chance for a fresh start.

I don't think that's true, we do need some troll kits to mess with people. KitPvP shouldn't have all sweaty kits, it has defensive kits, offensive kits, and support kits. Jumper is useful in some cases, if you're trying to escape a strafe, you can jump up a mountain or a high place they cannot reach.

I'm thinking you think "useless" kits are for just the purpose of killing people, yes, the main point of KitPvP is to kill people. But the kits could be used for other purposes, to make kitpvp a more fun experience by just playing with the kits to troll around with friends.

Actually you're slightly wrong here, when the archers turn around to bow, they:
1. Get slowed down
2. They can only shoot 1 arrow a second (as of the next update)

With Gank, for example, you have the same speed, even if you're hit by the arrow they still have to turn around and start running. Plenty of time to catch up with them. And Sonic at full speed is basically strafe, and if the archer doesn't hit you they're basically dead.

Actually I don't think that kit was touched that much, and yeah I played the beta tests, the KB swords during KOTHs were mad annoying. Even tho I was the one that started using it loool

Anyways, my point is, live with it. If you don't want to play a almost fully revamped kitpvp, don't. Just quit because of a stupidly op kit.
plsss fix this lol
1575985306923.png

BritBout

The short one
Emerald
Diamond
BritBout
BritBout
Emerald
Another extremely dead thread. Continuing to reply to old threads will result in a warning point to your account. Don't necropost

Locking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.