What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

the absolute clownery of the skycade network

Status
Not open for further replies.

EditedKB

EditedKB
EditedKB
i want to start this off by saying that i'm not astro, hornet, or dab. nor am i posting this for either of them. i composed this thread myself and just want to point out the clownery going on behind the scenes
Greetings gamers,
Although i'd love to do a really long thread full of information and fun stuff like that, imma keep this one short
cut back to 8/11/2019, Hornet was banned from discord with this evidence: cut forward 4 days (12/11/2019), Astro is banned from discord WITH THE EXACT SAME EVIDENCE: https://skycade.net/threads/evi-pls.35087/
Now to all those who will say "Joostagram attached other evidence as well!!" - Joostagram attached two other Imgur albums, the first, was uploaded on the same date that Joostagram denied the appeal, the second was merely Astro apologising so nothing even questionable there...
If what Astro said was so egregious and utterly disgusting, why was he not banned at the same time Hornet was? Why FOUR DAYS after the evidence was collected?
Let's explore the possibilities:
- The admins were intending to ban both Hornet and Astro but forgot to ban Astro (unlikely)
- The admins had enough of Astro and hit him with a ban for something he really didnt do (highly likely)
In the evidence provided by everyone's favourite admin Joostagram. Astro sent EIGHT MESSAGES TOTAL. EIGHT MESSAGES. Now Joostagram herself said "sure you didn't say much toxic things" but goes on to say "but you went along with them, which is basically the same". So again, I raise the point, if going along with the harmful "internet bullying" being perpetrated by Dab and Hornet is just as bad as actually doing it, why was he not banned at the same time as Hornet?
Weirdly enough, as well, Joostagram states in her response to the appeal, "You, hornet and dab were seemingly having fun bullying people on the internet without thinking it will bother them or hurt them, spoiler alert, you were wrong." So if Hornet, Dab, and Astro were "seemingly having fun bullying people on the internet", why is it that only one of them was banned when the evidence was first collected, then another four days later, and another later yet after begging to be banned?
Now, Hornet was banned on the 8th, Astro on the 12th. Coincidentally, on the 10th, Astro released some lovely screenshots of Space saying she wanted to quit. Weirdly enough, he gets banned 2 days later. Some would call that "suspicious".
Forgive me for thinking, but it seems as though the management team have a hit list and when a user needs silencing for saying too much, they just cross them off the list and hit them with a ban. Let's have a look at both Hornet's and Astro's ban:
- Hornet gets muted in game and appeals it. The appeal gets accepted and Hornet sends Noah (the staff member who muted him) a clown emoji after getting unbanned. The same day, he's *poof* Discord banned. The evidence was collected BY NOAH at a similar time to when he was unmuted. Again, some would call that "suspicious".
- Astro gets banned two days after releasing screenshots of Space saying she wanted to quit with the same evidence collected four days earlier.
It could be that the evidence went into Slack and admins decided that Hornet should be banned immediately; what Dab did wasn't enough for a ban; and took some time deliberating over whether to ban Astro for it. I find that unlikely, however, as the language Joostagram uses is harsh and would make it seem as though it's not a point of contention. "bullying people on the internet", "basically the same [in reference to going along with toxicity]". Using Joostagram's own words against her, if what Astro did, by going along with the toxicity, was "basically the same", it shouldn't have taken four days of deliberation over whether to ban him.

I'll enjoy getting this thread locked and the forum ban that i'll most likely receive. thanks for reading

Kwuffin

誰もが旅持ってる。
Diamond
_____________yes
_____________yes
Diamond
Funny how "clown" has gone through so many definitions in the past decade.

From being a person, dressed up with lots of colours, trying to entertain people,
to crazy people running around with axe's and chainsaws,
to now being somehow offensive.

Great thread, I really feels like the staff team just has a list of players they'd love to have banned and they stalk them until they find something that player does for a ban, and don't hesitate with banning the players.
There are children in Africa that need food, and you're banning Skycade's active players. A staff team's reputation is very important in keeping a server alive and keeping the community attached to the network. If you're not suited for the job or if you want to quit, don't hesitate to quit.

Last edited:

DabOnDatCheese

Not Toxic
MVP
Diamond
DabOnDatCheese
DabOnDatCheese
MVP
i want to start this off by saying that i'm not astro, hornet, or dab. nor am i posting this for either of them. i composed this thread myself and just want to point out the clownery going on behind the scenes
Greetings gamers,
Although i'd love to do a really long thread full of information and fun stuff like that, imma keep this one short
cut back to 8/11/2019, Hornet was banned from discord with this evidence: cut forward 4 days (12/11/2019), Astro is banned from discord WITH THE EXACT SAME EVIDENCE: https://skycade.net/threads/evi-pls.35087/
Now to all those who will say "Joostagram attached other evidence as well!!" - Joostagram attached two other Imgur albums, the first, was uploaded on the same date that Joostagram denied the appeal, the second was merely Astro apologising so nothing even questionable there...
If what Astro said was so egregious and utterly disgusting, why was he not banned at the same time Hornet was? Why FOUR DAYS after the evidence was collected?
Let's explore the possibilities:
- The admins were intending to ban both Hornet and Astro but forgot to ban Astro (unlikely)
- The admins had enough of Astro and hit him with a ban for something he really didnt do (highly likely)
In the evidence provided by everyone's favourite admin Joostagram. Astro sent EIGHT MESSAGES TOTAL. EIGHT MESSAGES. Now Joostagram herself said "sure you didn't say much toxic things" but goes on to say "but you went along with them, which is basically the same". So again, I raise the point, if going along with the harmful "internet bullying" being perpetrated by Dab and Hornet is just as bad as actually doing it, why was he not banned at the same time as Hornet?
Weirdly enough, as well, Joostagram states in her response to the appeal, "You, hornet and dab were seemingly having fun bullying people on the internet without thinking it will bother them or hurt them, spoiler alert, you were wrong." So if Hornet, Dab, and Astro were "seemingly having fun bullying people on the internet", why is it that only one of them was banned when the evidence was first collected, then another four days later, and another later yet after begging to be banned?
Now, Hornet was banned on the 8th, Astro on the 12th. Coincidentally, on the 10th, Astro released some lovely screenshots of Space saying she wanted to quit. Weirdly enough, he gets banned 2 days later. Some would call that "suspicious".
Forgive me for thinking, but it seems as though the management team have a hit list and when a user needs silencing for saying too much, they just cross them off the list and hit them with a ban. Let's have a look at both Hornet's and Astro's ban:
- Hornet gets muted in game and appeals it. The appeal gets accepted and Hornet sends Noah (the staff member who muted him) a clown emoji after getting unbanned. The same day, he's *poof* Discord banned. The evidence was collected BY NOAH at a similar time to when he was unmuted. Again, some would call that "suspicious".
- Astro gets banned two days after releasing screenshots of Space saying she wanted to quit with the same evidence collected four days earlier.
It could be that the evidence went into Slack and admins decided that Hornet should be banned immediately; what Dab did wasn't enough for a ban; and took some time deliberating over whether to ban Astro for it. I find that unlikely, however, as the language Joostagram uses is harsh and would make it seem as though it's not a point of contention. "bullying people on the internet", "basically the same [in reference to going along with toxicity]". Using Joostagram's own words against her, if what Astro did, by going along with the toxicity, was "basically the same", it shouldn't have taken four days of deliberation over whether to ban him.

I'll enjoy getting this thread locked and the forum ban that i'll most likely receive. thanks for reading
Just going to say this right now.. I did the most out of everyone by far and I never got banned and wasn’t going to be. The only reason I’m banned is because I begged a staff member to ban me, I felt like I should of been banned for it. Astro did literally nothing and got banned and I said all the mean shit and I wasn’t banned.. also in astros evidence it’s all me LOL

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
management team have a hit list and when a user needs silencing for saying too much, they just cross them off the list and hit them with a ban.
man imagine being on slack and some management person going "right here's the list of people i want banned, find any excuse idc how stupid just ban em"

Bubble1118

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚
Diamond
Gold
Bwbble
Bwbble
Diamond
Couldn't of said it better myself lol

Sombu

Diamond
Iron
zSom
zSom
Diamond
Literally this server is actually so stupid. Even the rules aren't clear amongst staff members.
There is also this, found on https://skycade.net/help/terms/

"We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. "
LITERALLY MEANING THEY CAN BAN US FROM THE FORUMS WITH NO REASON

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
Literally this server is actually so stupid. Even the rules aren't clear amongst staff members.
There is also this, found on https://skycade.net/help/terms/

"We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. "
LITERALLY MEANING THEY CAN BAN US FROM THE FORUMS WITH NO REASON
why was you banned??? ( from disc )

TogepiMax

Am I gonna get kicked by a Cinderace today?
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
Funny how "clown" has gone through so many definitions in the past decade.

From being a person, dressed up with lots of colours, trying to entertain people,
to crazy people running around with axe's and chainsaws,
to now being somehow offensive.

Great thread, I really feels like the staff team just has a list of players they'd love to have banned and they stalk them until they find something that player does for a ban, and don't hesitate with banning the players.
There are children in Africa that need food, and you're banning Skycade's active players. A staff team's reputation is very important in keeping a server alive and keeping the community attached to the network. If you're not suited for the job or if you want to quit, don't hesitate to quit.
If this does exist (which I think it doesn't due to what Dab said) I hope I'm not on it.

Dog

Bunndog
Bunndog
why the fuck are you all getting in such a hissy fit over a terrible minecraft server. If ya'll really hate it this much just chat shit and quit, all this cOnSPiRaCy stuff about players getting banned is honestly just sad, why are you spending time on trying to prove that staff are biased and abusive when it's literally already common sense? Players have no power over staff, staff can and will do what they want and all these threads about trying to 'expose' them are useless.
"Forgive me for thinking, but it seems as though the management team have a hit list and when a user needs silencing for saying too much, they just cross them off the list and hit them with a ban. " BRUH LMAO 'a hit list', grow up.
Do the red cross downvote thing if you want, but just seriously take a look at all the work and 'evidence' you are gathering to try and prove these miNeCRaFt cOnSpIRaCiEs of staff 'hit lists'. Channel all this time into something productive or smthn.

Sombu

Diamond
Iron
zSom
zSom
Diamond
why was you banned??? ( from disc )
I was banned for telling astro to "keep yourself safe"

Still waiting for my forums to be deleted lmao

TogepiMax

Am I gonna get kicked by a Cinderace today?
Diamond
TogepiMax
TogepiMax
Diamond
why the frick are you all getting in such a hissy fit over a terrible minecraft server. If ya'll really hate it this much just chat crud and quit, all this cOnSPiRaCy stuff about players getting banned is honestly just sad, why are you spending time on trying to prove that staff are biased and abusive when it's literally already common sense? Players have no power over staff, staff can and will do what they want and all these threads about trying to 'expose' them are useless.
"Forgive me for thinking, but it seems as though the management team have a hit list and when a user needs silencing for saying too much, they just cross them off the list and hit them with a ban. " BRUH LMAO 'a hit list', grow up.
Do the red cross downvote thing if you want, but just seriously take a look at all the work and 'evidence' you are gathering to try and prove these miNeCRaFt cOnSpIRaCiEs of staff 'hit lists'. Channel all this time into something productive or smthn.
I, too see a lot of this and don't see the purpose to it usually, but some of what you're saying is wrong in some sense. You see, its a pet peeve of mine when people attack management and staff as an entity, as I feel you'd be including actually good staff members who wouldn't do such a thing, or haven't yet. Here are some thoughts I have on this.
1. Not all staff are abusive or biased. This is an example of a pet peeve i had stated earlier.
2. Though yes, it is a bit far-fetched to think the staff have a so called "hit list", the reason the forums exists is to discuss and inform. This is even in the "Discussion" tab, and as such, there should be discussion, or consider the thread dead. Even if the theories might be completely wack and not even in the slightest true, they have the right to discuss it. This is a forum after all.

Overall, this thread is doomed to get locked.

Fancy_Dinners_

:>
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Here is my input. Yes I really do think that Astro's ban was 100% false and to get rid of him, all the evidence was with DabOnDatCheese. I believe staff probably do have a ban list somewhere. I also agree with @Dog because most of the people criticizing the server still play and buy ranks. Which is ridicules since if you don't care for the server why buy a rank?

Bubble1118

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚
Diamond
Gold
Bwbble
Bwbble
Diamond
most of the people criticizing the server still play and buy ranks. Which is ridicules since if you don't care for the server why buy a rank?
You do have a decent point here, but some people had their ranks bought for them (like me). Now this is not the case for everyone and in that case they might of enjoyed the server before, and bought a rank. Then they realized this server is bad lol.

GothicGamer2012

Diamond
GothicGamer2012
GothicGamer2012
Diamond
I was banned for telling astro to "keep yourself safe"

Still waiting for my forums to be deleted lmao
If you abbreviated that to "kys" then that explains the ban. The more well known meaning of that is "kill your self" which is definitely mute-worthy. Even if you explain it later, you won't be able to say it freely. It will always be seen as encouraging suicide. Most people will see it that way. Better to type the full thing out or look up acronyms before using them to make sure their primary/most popular use isn't inappropriate.

Don't get me wrong I agree the rules need a serious overhaul but some of the complaints I see are from people who were rightfully banned/muted and see it as unfair because it was a mistake or a word isn't offensive (when it is an insult even when used in friendly banter) or they meant something else etc. I know this server has gone down the toilet but I honestly find it extremely hard to believe "keep yourself safe" typed fully would get you banned. Either there was something else or you used the abbreviation. I'd require evidence or a staff member confirming to believe otherwise though as that sounds too ridiculous to me even for skycade in it's current state.

Here is my input. Yes I really do think that Astro's ban was 100% false and to get rid of him, all the evidence was with DabOnDatCheese. I believe staff probably do have a ban list somewhere. I also agree with @Dog because most of the people criticizing the server still play and buy ranks. Which is ridicules since if you don't care for the server why buy a rank?
Honestly if I knew this was the direction skycade would go in when I first joined, I wouldn't have bought my rank. Then again skycade isn't the only skyblock server I've had that issue with. Every server I've been on that went downhill started with the report system and rules. Too many people lack caution/common sense for the rules to be as vague as they are.

I don't know what his original ban was but I lost all sympathy for astro when I saw the evidence of him insulting nursey over mistakes she made. A better approach to the situation would be to explain the mistakes politely and informatively. It's a shame as I thought he was cool but he's gone and done a total 180 from my perspective. Even someone making lots of the same mistakes is evidently having trouble retaining the information necessary to stop making the mistake, regardless of whether or not someone should be staff or not based on this doesn't change the basic respect you should give people. Insulting them doesn't help them solve the problem, it just generates negativity and increases the chance they will make more mistakes due to stress.
You never know what external factors might be influencing people's ability to perform their job effectively on top of how they're being treated online, they aren't necessarily under that persons control. In which case showing basic understanding for someone else's potential circumstances makes all the difference.

The days skycade was that fun server are gone, now it's just bugs, drama, people quitting, idiots, false bans/mutes, lag and more drama. The drama doesn't even involve me but it's tiring to look at, I might quit the forums at some point as I've already been offline in game for like 7 months but I'm not sure yet.

Sombu

Diamond
Iron
zSom
zSom
Diamond
If you abbreviated that to "kys" then that explains the ban. The more well known meaning of that is "kill your self" which is definitely mute-worthy. Even if you explain it later, you won't be able to say it freely. It will always be seen as encouraging suicide. Most people will see it that way. Better to type the full thing out or look up acronyms before using them to make sure their primary/most popular use isn't inappropriate.

Don't get me wrong I agree the rules need a serious overhaul but some of the complaints I see are from people who were rightfully banned/muted and see it as unfair because it was a mistake or a word isn't offensive (when it is an insult even when used in friendly banter) or they meant something else etc. I know this server has gone down the toilet but I honestly find it extremely hard to believe "keep yourself safe" typed fully would get you banned. Either there was something else or you used the abbreviation. I'd require evidence or a staff member confirming to believe otherwise though as that sounds too ridiculous to me even for skycade in it's current state.

Honestly if I knew this was the direction skycade would go in when I first joined, I wouldn't have bought my rank. Then again skycade isn't the only skyblock server I've had that issue with. Every server I've been on that went downhill started with the report system and rules. Too many people lack caution/common sense for the rules to be as vague as they are.

I don't know what his original ban was but I lost all sympathy for astro when I saw the evidence of him insulting nursey over mistakes she made. A better approach to the situation would be to explain the mistakes politely and informatively. It's a shame as I thought he was cool but he's gone and done a total 180 from my perspective. Even someone making lots of the same mistakes is evidently having trouble retaining the information necessary to stop making the mistake, regardless of whether or not someone should be staff or not based on this doesn't change the basic respect you should give people. Insulting them doesn't help them solve the problem, it just generates negativity and increases the chance they will make more mistakes due to stress.
You never know what external factors might be influencing people's ability to perform their job effectively on top of how they're being treated online, they aren't necessarily under that persons control. In which case showing basic understanding for someone else's potential circumstances makes all the difference.

The days skycade was that fun server are gone, now it's just bugs, drama, people quitting, idiots, false bans/mutes, lag and more drama. The drama doesn't even involve me but it's tiring to look at, I might quit the forums at some point as I've already been offline in game for like 7 months but I'm not sure yet.
Im not exactly calling my ban unfair am i lmao, point me to where I said it?
I literally rejoined the server to tell him that. He's my best friend and we talked it out beforehand. I did it TO GET BANNED.

Stop minimodding and get your head out your ass

GothicGamer2012

Diamond
GothicGamer2012
GothicGamer2012
Diamond
Im not exactly calling my ban unfair am i lmao, point me to where I said it?
I literally rejoined the server to tell him that. He's my best friend and we talked it out beforehand. I did it TO GET BANNED.

Stop minimodding and get your head out your ass
Point me to where I specifically accused you of saying you were calling your ban unfair. Oh wait, I didn't. Or did "some of the complaints I see are from people who were rightfully banned/muted and see it as unfair" go over your head? Apparently some people = you because I happened to be replying to your comment. Nope.

You rejoined to tell him to keep himself safe? You didn't answer whether or not you abbreviated it. If yes then I understand why you were banned, if no and there were no other messages then I agree with you that's ridiculous. Please note, "understand" doesn't automatically equal agree and neither do the 2 words share the same meaning.

I'm stating my opinion, not minimodding. Please quote me where you believe I am minimodding and I will gladly clear up the misunderstanding for you.
If having my head up my backside means I can deal with opposing opinions without being a jerk about it then yes I'm quite happy as I am. In comparison, someone who immediately attempts to put down and belittle any other opinion definitely seems like they're trying to see only their own communication and/or behavioral based excrement.

I use opposing opinions to understand other people's viewpoints and strengthen or change my own when they are unreasonable or stupid.
It's a shame others are evidently incapable of such a basic ability. If and when you'd actually like to share your viewpoint with me like a grown adult, please feel free to send me a message or reply with a message that isn't useless containing no useful criticism or thoughts whatsoever.

I'm always happy to learn about opposing opinions.
I hope you have a nice day. :)

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
I absolutely hate reading and replying to these threads.

I understand y'all are upset about Astro's ban, but after reviewing it myself (I wasn't involved in the initial ban at all, people just wanted a higher opinion and I happened to be around) I still determined that he should stay banned. Astro messaged me a day or so afterwards, questioning me and the ban, and we had a fair and knowledgeable (and frankly, a very mature and well voiced) debate over it. The conclusion of it was:

https://gyazo.com/8bfccf480291597d4610ea0491ff15bf

He agreed with the fact that my decision was fair (I believe) but still disagreed with some of the proof, which is fair and he has that right to say. He's accepted that he wont be unbanned any time soon. Even shortly after that he sent this:

https://gyazo.com/d64ddd3500857c9cdd35036f8ec84c02

Which I believe enforces the fact that I try and work fairly and make all of my decisions with care and reason. Everyone has their right to disagree with his ban, but both him and I believe I worked fairly to conclude the ban and appeals.

As for the remainder of this thread, I think the mere idea of us having a "hit list" of people want to ban is frankly childish. We don't have anything anywhere with a list of people to "get rid of" as you put it. We have in our minds people who constantly break little rules, and those things add up. After a while, if they don't stop and ignore our warnings, they end up with a ban for just ignoring us and not listening. Pretty sure that's what happened with Astro here, as he was constantly degrading us and throwing small insults left right and center. Its not something we want on the network.

As for the "rules aren't clear" thing, we do try and make things clear but now and then there are cases that don't quite fit in with a rule, but aren't allowed. It's super hard to think of everything and clarify it all. I've proposed a rule revamp to Alex before, and because I keep seeing it more and more I'll propose it again. We get that you're mad, and we get what you want, but its tricky to bring it forward correctly and in a way that everyone wants.

As I say every time I reply to one of these, I hope this clears up some of the crazy rumors and complaints people are throwing around. When people get the idea that everyone hates us, they tend to take some things out of proportion and I try to reduce that and clear up things.
Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.