Status
Not open for further replies.

Taon2

dev boi
MVP
Taon2
Taon2
MVP
It’s been a long run, but my time has come.
There’s several reasons why I’ve chosen to part ways.

I’ve chosen to leave because it’s simply gotten a bit much for me. I’ve been pumping every bit of effort I have into this network, and it recently has turned out for little result. With little availability for advertisement, thus leading to less profits, I feel we’ve descended into an inescapable loop. To continue and make the server better, we need more profits and more hires. But to make those profits and make those hires, we need to make more profit - you see now how it’s an endless descent.

The effort I’ve been putting in has become much less “fun” and much more “stress” over the past few months. With high expectations on my head, I’m simply unable to balance this with schoolwork or anything else IRL. I’ve managed the content for 7 gamemodes, the store, and everything in between. From what I’ve seen, I’ve been one of the few to take full initiative and pull stuff together after Alex was removed in April. While the position was interesting and I hope people did enjoy the direction I was leading things, it’s simply too much for one man to handle.

While putting in every ounce of effort I can, I obviously cannot satisfy everyone. While this is inevitable, I do try my best to take all people into consideration. This recent Factions reset is something that tipped me over the edge. I completed many well-requested features or changes, and in the end got total flak and toxicity in return. Understandably, some issues did arise, but the extreme amount of people who were directly toxic towards me really made me question why I try to work with people that act that way. This only added to the stress I had, and was the deciding factor in my resignation. I don’t want to continue working for a server with a toxic and disrespectful community.

I don’t want this thread to be all negative though - there have been a plethora of great times over my years that I appreciate.

When I became staff in 2016, I’ll admit, I was a shit staff member. I didn’t know a thing about hacks, and seriously took the role for granted - I tried to do more than I knew. I am glad, however, that I wasn’t fully removed from the team. If I was, I’m sure I wouldn’t be where I am today.

My time as a regular staff member was relatively uneventful. I worked my way through the ranks like everyone else, learning a lot about hacks and other punishments. I also learned a lot about myself - who I was, what my ideas were, and what I agreed with.

Late into my time as SrMod I was close to resigning. I had little interest in the game anymore, I only came on for a ban or two a week, and constantly argued with Alex at the time. I disagreed with him more than anyone I know. Full blown arguments and stuff on the weekly. It was very rough, and I was close to leaving. I chose to stick around after being offered Admin. Having more things to do (and getting paid a bit here and there) might give me more light on things and I could continue working there. My Admin role was short lived however, as I was only that rank for about 2 months.

Becoming a Developer in 2018 (on my 2 year anniversary of being staff, which was cool) was literally my dream. Being able to apply the things I have learned through school and self teaching was a huge step up for my confidence and motivation to continue learning. From Skycade alone, I learned Git, Linux, Tmux, a vast majority of SQL, dabbles of Python, team skills, and an insane amount about the game itself. These are valuable skills that I know will take me far in the future.

My next big step up came in April, when Alex was removed. I took the initiative to continue where he left off, and work hard to better the network in every aspect I could. The most fun I’ve ever had here was working on the various resets between then and now. Really dedicating myself to the content people will enjoy was a big job, but I enjoyed all of it.

This leads us to now. With Jack recently stepping back, the server lost a large cut of advertisement and potential. We’re clutching onto the strings and have been struggling to scrape by. It’s been one of my most stressful times here.

With half my life story out of the way, there’s some people I’d like to personally appreciate from during my time here.

First off, nocookies4me. I originally became staff because she was nice, welcoming, and a great person all around. She was one of the only (active) helpers (sorry HD, you just weren’t on enough in S4 man) and I chose to apply to lend her a hand. Surprisingly, I got in, and honestly have everything between then and now to thank her for. I would have never even thought about applying if it wasn’t for her.

Second goes to Dwayne, Ricky, and Yako. All three of us have been through thick and thin, working hard towards the network. While they might be the only other developers I’ve had the pleasure of working alongside, they are all brilliant people that I’ve learned more from than I could ever mention.

A few special mentions go towards iShafty, Zim8a, and NegativeKB. During my time being the content designer for resets, I worked very closely with all three for the Factions, Skyblock, and KitPvP resets, respectively. They are some of the few people I’ve seen take full initiative to do things right, well, and thoroughly. They’re very knowledgeable people, and I had a great time working next to them. I really appreciate the work you do, and I can tell that you’ll go far if you wish to apply it further.

And finally, every single staff member, representative, or player I’ve had the pleasure of working with over the years. All of your input mattered to me, and I worked to the best of my ability to get things done on time, as requested. The community is the most important part of the server, as without it, the server does not exist.

That’s it then. My final day here will be November 9th. I’ll be around to chat and might pop by here and there after then, but here is the finishing line. If you want to keep in touch, you know my discord. I wish you all the best!
:taon:

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
Skycade just lost its best defender :(
Wishing you luck with everything else <3

hypews

very epic
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Jr. Dev
_joeeee
_joeeee
Jr. Dev
It was a pleasure working with you for the short time I was staff with you. You have been an amazing developer and an amazing part of the management team. skycade wouldn’t be where it is today without you. I know loads of people will miss you including me! I feel like the community hasn’t been looking at all the good you have done for it and instead of picking up on those great things they have decided to nitpick at the small things that have happened, but just remember there are those who do look at the good you have done and I think I speak for all of them in saying you were a great developer.

good luck with whatever you do next and thanks for being here for skycade

BritBout

The short one
Diamond
BritBout
BritBout
Diamond
Sad to see you go, Taon. Hope to still see you around here and there.
Thank you for the great laughs (won't be forgetting when you thought I was a dude for the longest time) and good luck with everything in your future

Negative

Developer
MVP
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
MVP
Thanks for the honorable mention Taon, it was great working with you as well. I'm happy I'm a position to actually do something and help and hopefully bring Skycade back to it's former glory. As both kitpvp manager and developer I'll be trying my best to make KitPvP and anything else I touch the best it could possibly be

I don't want to think of myself as a "Taon replacement" because honestly I dont think I could do the amount that you've done without folding

I'll try my best from the position I am in atm to make the server as best as possible and I hope to make you proud

And I will not let toxic kids get to me, I will drop kick every single one of them 🏅🏅🏅

MendtheMiner

mendthemooner
MVP
Diamond
MendtheMiner
MendtheMiner
MVP
It’s a shame to see you go taon, we had some good talks and it was nice to have you around. I can say for certain you were doing your best to do what was best for the server, managing resets and ensuring everything went as smoothly as possible. I don’t get why people thought it was a good idea to pick out the negatives over the positives, especially considering they were the ones who asked for the features and it’s just petty, but it happened nonetheless.

Good luck with university and with any future ventures you may ensue.

Buryings

Events Manager
Diamond
Buryings
Buryings
Diamond
Its a very much shame to see one of Skycade's most dedicated staff members leave, staying for almost 5 years is amazing.

Thank you for all that you've put into Skycade, best of luck for the future and hope you continue to amaze people for what you do, have a good un' 😁

Taon2

dev boi
MVP
Taon2
Taon2
MVP
Its a very much shame to see one of Skycade's most dedicated staff members leave, staying for almost 5 years is amazing.

Thank you for all that you've put into Skycade, best of luck for the future and hope you continue to amaze people for what you do, have a good un' 😁
Almost 4* but yes, thank you (y)

Archie

yep
Diamond
TeamMeed
TeamMeed
Diamond
I already knew and still, get sad reading this. It's so very upsetting that one of your reasons for resigning is the small minority of the toxic community.

You've done so much to keep Skycade up and running, without you since Alex left, I reckon Skycade would be lost. You've been one of the few supports that Skycade has relied on for so long.

You've been absolutely amazing & a pleasure to work with. I personally wish you a great life and I hope it brings you lots of good memories & happiness.

1604419430031.png

#NeverForget

Negative

Developer
MVP
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
MVP
how do i stick this thread this should stay here forever

TrySimple

Factions Manager & Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
Okay this is a very unpog moment, hopefully things will get better for you taon20, you're one of the few people I quite enjoyed being in VC with.

You're a very talented Dev and a very talented person overall.

Much love from the simpman, much sadness as well :(

HotDawger

H to the D, SMP Manager
Staff member
Manager
Administrator
MVP
Diamond
HotDawger
HotDawger
Manager
sorry HD, you just weren’t on enough in S4 man
don't expose me mannnnnn. But seriously, the work you've done for Skycade is absolutely amazing and will never be forgotten. I really do hope you go far in the future and I hope to see you around.

All4MC

me
Diamond
All4MC
All4MC
Diamond
Sad to see you go, you did your best for skycade and it's appreciated. Good luck with what the future has to hold!

Merci

v i b e
Diamond
LeMerciii
LeMerciii
Diamond
This is extremely sad, hope you the best in the future Taon, thanks for all the hard work you've done over the years.

Ronne

derug
derug
Will miss you man thanks for everything you have done over the years.
Wish you the best of luck

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
Oh god taon was like the backbone of skycade I'm scared to see what will happen.

Uphelds

https://www.youtube.com/c/Uphelds
Diamond
Iron
Uphelds
Uphelds
Diamond
sad 2 see you go but I should have YouTube rank before you lose ingame rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.