K
Y
C
A
D
E
.net
???

The (temporary) problems with Skycade Kitpvp.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5779
  • Start date

Should kits have armor better than leather?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 5779

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT WRITING THIS THREAD FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF BASHING AT THE SKYCADE STAFF TEAM AND SERVER. LATELY THE IMPROVEMENTS TO KITPVP HAVE BEEN OUTSTANDING AND I HOPE THEY CAN KEEP THIS UP. HOWEVER THERE ARE ALSO MANY ISSUES I SEE PEOPLE REGARDING AND GIVE MY OPINION ON IT. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOURS IN THIS THREAD. (So sorry for caps).

Kitpvp Hackers and Abusers
Yes. Hackers and abusers are still an ongoing problem ever since the beginning of kitpvp and simply put, it is impossible for the staff team to be online 24/7 just to moderate what the players are doing. The next best solution is to add an anti-cheat like most servers have and from what I am hearing Taon2 is programming an anti-cheat which is good to hear. As for chat abusers, the problem is mostly under control by warning the player not to spam, use caps, or cuss. I feel hackusating is still a problem because it just puts pressure on staff because the hacker will start toggling (Yes, I am guilty of hackusating too). SO PLEASE DO /MSG STAFF IGN OR JUST /REPORT THE HACKER. While I am not going to mention anyone in particular, I still see hackers that should have been banned and aren't because of hackusation.

False Bans
Despite the subtle warning not to butterfly click, many players including myself still do it. However, I think this is completely out of the staff members' control because it can often be confused with auto clickers and macros. Maybe alongside the anti-cheat, it should also detect the possibility of a player using macros which goes above 20 cps, however, that is not to say there are players who are able to consistently go above 20+ cps legitamently. Overall it is a very difficult problem to resolve.

Terrible Armor
I know what you are thinking. The reason why most kits are so expensive and have leather armor is because of the abilities and perks that come with the kit. When it comes to soup PVP, it matters both on how fast you can soup and the durability of the armor. Let's take for example, Gank kit, even though the kit has no armor both the strength and speed allow for you to quickly kill players at the expense of your defense and thus you have to be fast when souping. Take another kit, such as Cobra which is what I use. Disregarding the ability to poison and sharpness 1 on the sword (many kits have similar stats), unbreaking X is simply not enough especially for during long periods of combat. Maybe a nerf to the protection IV, although I feel the bare minimum for most kits is at least chain mail armor making up 1/2 of the armor set you are wearing with or without enchants. Kits such as Knight will still be viable because of the unbreaking 5 that makes you last long while fighting. Heck, even full iron armor does not fully protect you from the damage your sword deals and thus it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Griefendor

hippity hoppity your memes are my property
Diamond
LutherKlaus
LutherKlaus
Diamond
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT WRITING THIS THREAD FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF BASHING AT THE SKYCADE STAFF TEAM AND SERVER. LATELY THE IMPROVEMENTS TO KITPVP HAVE BEEN OUTSTANDING AND I HOPE THEY CAN KEEP THIS UP. HOWEVER THERE ARE ALSO MANY ISSUES I SEE PEOPLE REGARDING AND GIVE MY OPINION ON IT. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOURS IN THIS THREAD. (So sorry for caps).

Yes. Hackers and abusers are still an ongoing problem ever since the beginning of kitpvp and simply put, it is impossible for the staff team to be online 24/7 just to moderate what the players are doing. The next best solution is to add an anti-cheat like most servers have and from what I am hearing Taon2 is programming an anti-cheat which is good to hear. As for chat abusers, the problem is mostly under control by warning the player not to spam, use caps, or cuss. I feel hackusating is still a problem because it just puts pressure on staff because the hacker will start toggling (Yes, I am guilty of hackusating too). SO PLEASE DO /MSG STAFF IGN OR JUST /REPORT THE HACKER. While I am not going to mention anyone in particular, I still see hackers that should have been banned and aren't because of hackusation.

False Bans
Despite the subtle warning not to butterfly click, many players including myself still do it. However, I think this is completely out of the staff members' control because it can often be confused with auto clickers and macros. Maybe alongside the anti-cheat, it should also detect the possibility of a player using macros which goes above 20 cps, however, that is not to say there are players who are able to consistently go above 20+ cps legitamently. Overall it is a very difficult problem to resolve.

Terrible Armor
I know what you are thinking. The reason why most kits are so expensive and have leather armor is because of the abilities and perks that come with the kit. When it comes to soup PVP, it matters both on how fast you can soup and the durability of the armor. Let's take for example, Gank kit, even though the kit has no armor both the strength and speed allow for you to quickly kill players at the expense of your defense and thus you have to be fast when souping. Take another kit, such as Cobra which is what I use. Disregarding the ability to poison and sharpness 1 on the sword (many kits have similar stats), unbreaking X is simply not enough especially for during long periods of combat. Maybe a nerf to the protection IV, although I feel the bare minimum for most kits is at least chain mail armor making up 1/2 of the armor set you are wearing with or without enchants. Kits such as Knight will still be viable because of the unbreaking 5 that makes you last long while fighting. Heck, even full iron armor does not fully protect you from the damage your sword deals and thus it wouldn't make much of a difference.
This is more of a rant than a text of logic; I speak for myself and several others when I say that most of the kits are balanced now, except for gank, as it can be one shot by an archer with double damage.

TrySimple

Factions Manager & Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
Gonna say my sense, most of the people who disliked didn’t even put why or their opinion, if you’re gonna dislike say a point otherwise I don’t see why you dislike. This thread has actually a few good points, I’d like a few things to go into more details such as armor, as it definitely can go into more details upon other armor sets. A good thread, but lacks details.

D

Deleted member 5779

Gonna say my sense, most of the people who disliked didn’t even put why or their opinion, if you’re gonna dislike say a point otherwise I don’t see why you dislike. This thread has actually a few good points, I’d like a few things to go into more details such as armor, as it definitely can go into more details upon other armor sets. A good thread, but lacks details.
It's just I didn't know what armor sets would be considered balanced but as I mentioned, I think the bare minimum should be 1/2 chain armor which makes up the helmet and boots because it is usually the armor to break first. Obviously kits like Tree Ent (seriously even caveman is better) need a buff like this and something like Wither kit or Hydra Kit don't need an armor buff. I don't think the chestplate and leggings need a tweak just because the fights already take very long and from what I can tell, most players agree that we don't want dubstep fights all over again.

D

Deleted member 5779

This is more of a rant than a text of logic; I speak for myself and several others when I say that most of the kits are balanced now, except for gank, as it can be one shot by an archer with double damage.
I think double damage should stay for archer because the melee attack is a very weak 5 attack damage similar to barbarian. Also most ganks really shouldn't have a problem catching up to archers in the first place and not to mention, double damage is not always a guaranteed effect when you land your bow shot. As for chance double damage happens more often than it should.

P

pipecek

False Bans

Terrible Armor
Kits have good enough Armour already.

TrySimple

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator

Griefendor

Diamond
LutherKlaus
LutherKlaus
Diamond

TrySimple

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
thats called a bad kit, not an unbalanced kit
How about this, if any kit that is considered a bad kit still considered a bad kit when the armor and or weapons change giving it more balance to the better kits?

Griefendor

Diamond
LutherKlaus
LutherKlaus
Diamond
How about this, if any kit that is considered a bad kit still considered a bad kit when the armor and or weapons change giving it more balance to the better kits?
just use a better kit?

TrySimple

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
just use a better kit?
Or balance kits out because people will like issuing certain kits other than ones that are tanks or better weapons sometimes due to their play style

Griefendor

Diamond
LutherKlaus
LutherKlaus
Diamond
Or balance kits out because people will like issuing certain kits other than ones that are tanks or better weapons sometimes due to their play style
yes, I agree. personally, my play style is shooting people with a leaf!

D

Deleted member 5779

yes, I agree. personally, my play style is shooting people with a leaf!
He has a point. It’s not going to help if they start nerfing all the already balanced and decent kits (knight, wither, gank, tank, warrior) Instead they should consider implementing better armor for the weaker kits so because as of now Tree Ent is unusable. Not only will players start using Tree Ent but the kit would actually be worth buying. Also what is the difference between a bad kit and unbalanced?

Griefendor

Diamond
LutherKlaus
LutherKlaus
Diamond
He has a point. It’s not going to help if they start nerfing all the already balanced and decent kits (knight, wither, gank, tank, warrior) Instead they should consider implementing better armor for the weaker kits so because as of now Tree Ent is unusable. Not only will players start using Tree Ent but the kit would actually be worth buying. Also what is the difference between a bad kit and unbalanced?
one must embrace the difference to understand it. If you are too blind to see the solution, you don't deserve an answer. xoxo

TrySimple

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
one must embrace the difference to understand it. If you are too blind to see the solution, you don't deserve an answer. xoxo
I don’t think you have a point to really state rather you’re defending what is the current right now, and not adding onto why it shouldn’t be balanced.

“If you are too blind to see the solution, you don’t deserve an answer” I think this refers to you as we’ve said what we think should be added yet you’ve contributed nothing.

ibalisticookie3

An Insignificant Person
Diamond
C00kiez
C00kiez
Diamond

False Bans

Terrible Armor
1. I don’t see what your point is at the beginning. Staff can’t always be on and hackers will always be a hing as long as hacked clients exist.

2. You sort of Said it yourself. Solving the butterfly clicking problem is difficult and it is strongly not recommended as people may get false banned. It is the users risk when they do it unless they have conclusive evidence of butterfly clicking at the time.

3. I don’t really see a problem with the armour at the moment except from the gank situation. The weapons are quite weak anyway and a lot of the skill needed for soup kitpvp is to be able to do it; That is what the gamemode is. There is no real problem with any of the kits or otherwise there would be a lot more people one kit than that is happening at the moment. However, I do feel like the kits should have greater unbreaking as with some of them, it is impossible to get a good kill streak without going to spawn which removes it. Also kit refresh it a way too expensive at 2000 coins and even soup is quite expensive. I would suggest if possible a system which automatically refreshes your armour when it breaks

TrySimple

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
1. I don’t see what your point is at the beginning. Staff can’t always be on and hackers will always be a hing as long as hacked clients exist.

2. You sort of Said it yourself. Solving the butterfly clicking problem is difficult and it is strongly not recommended as people may get false banned. It is the users risk when they do it unless they have conclusive evidence of butterfly clicking at the time.

3. I don’t really see a problem with the armour at the moment except from the gank situation. The weapons are quite weak anyway and a lot of the skill needed for soup kitpvp is to be able to do it; That is what the gamemode is. There is no real problem with any of the kits or otherwise there would be a lot more people one kit than that is happening at the moment. However, I do feel like the kits should have greater unbreaking as with some of them, it is impossible to get a good kill streak without going to spawn which removes it. Also kit refresh it a way too expensive at 2000 coins and even soup is quite expensive. I would suggest if possible a system which automatically refreshes your armour when it breaks
I don’t think you read the first point they said to add an anti cheat and mentioned how staff aren’t able to be on all the time

Griefendor

Diamond
LutherKlaus
LutherKlaus
Diamond
I don’t think you read the first point they said to add an anti cheat and mentioned how staff aren’t able to be on all the time
They do have an anti cheat? Clearly you are unaware of this. Not that I can comment, but do your research before criticising someones response.

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.