What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

THE TRUTH ABOUT SKYCADE HUBS

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
I had wondered how Skycade made its Hub's look like there floating islands, on my server we just have a flat world remove all the grass from render distance and create our builds in the sky, but i wondered if that's what Skycade does? And i found out that is EXACTLY what they did! I went flying for a bit straight in the direction from the hub, (i will probably make a video and edit the thread) And i found my first village, all the villagers are still there so no /gamerule doModSpawning false there! and i didn't go back to the spawn of the hub as i went far enough where the MultiversePortal that tpps you back to the Hub spawn isnt out this far. I went out another 4000 blocks and found GRASS! i found the flat land where the hub was built on. idk why i made this really, i guess it was more just to show what skycade hubs really are.

Refer to the screenshots for the coords and to see the villagers and villages.

https://imgur.com/a/48xSB0D

Last edited:

Nursey_

Where am I?
Staff member
YTer
MVP
Diamond
Gold
Nursey__
Nursey__
That seem like a lot of effort. Were you bored?

Dictator_Alideen

North Korea is democratic
Iron
Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Iron
Could've atleast generated a void world.

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
That seem like a lot of effort. Were you bored?
Not really, i just was on my phone whilst "AFK" holding W down and just not paying attention xD

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Skycade buildteam didn't build the hub... It was odyssey builds.

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
Ik there's a sign at spawn saying that, I never said they did build it

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
But the Skycade users (staff/builders) with multiverse.core need to first create the world then just import the schematic.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Ik there's a sign at spawn saying that, I never said they did build it
You said "I had wondered how Skycade made its Hub's look like there floating islands"

Hydrogeno

Joostagram's goblin
Builder
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
Quorafied
Quorafied
Builder
The title is catchy not gonna lie, what I would do is create the whole hub in a flat world and move it to a void world which has no way to lag at all except what is in the build. Pretty sure anyone would do the same lol..

JqckD

JqckD
JqckD
wow. you put in a lot of effort for this.
you must have been very bored.

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
wow. you put in a lot of effort for this.
you must have been very bored.
Like I said before, I was just on my phone whilst holding down the W key

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
You said "I had wondered how Skycade made its Hub's look like there floating islands"
What I mean was Skycade need to make the world: /multiverse create Hub normal -t flat then someone worldedits the grass dirt and bedrock away. then the build team (not Skycade) give a console user the schematic file the console user uploads it to root\plugins\worldedit\schematics console (or a user with OP) runs the command /worldedit reload them they run the command //schem load (name) then //paste -a then they add the NPC'S and holograms then /setspawn turn whitelist off connect all the servers through BungeeCord and then we're done. I will leave linked below the plugins Skycade uses (that I know of and a screenshot of an admin running the command /pluginlist)

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
Like I said before I will make a follow up thread about the plugins Skycade uses, and the setup process of E.G doing the hub.

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Emerald
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
Could've atleast generated a void world.
We do actually have generators for complete void worlds, but they tend to break when the generator isn’t there anymore, in that case, Multiverse.
There’s no point of having an active generator on the hub since players aren’t really intended to go explore that far
What I mean was Skycade need to make the world: /multiverse create Hub normal -t flat then someone worldedits the grass dirt and bedrock away. then the build team (not Skycade) give a console user the schematic file the console user uploads it to root\plugins\worldedit\schematics console (or a user with OP) runs the command /worldedit reload them they run the command //schem load (name) then //paste -a then they add the NPC'S and holograms then /setspawn turn whitelist off connect all the servers through BungeeCord and then we're done. I will leave linked below the plugins Skycade uses (that I know of and a screenshot of an admin running the command /pluginlist)
Yes, that’s the basics of server setup 101 lol

subaluwa

subaluwa
subaluwa
HE'S TRAPPED pepeHands let him out!!

Maho

UwU > OwO #spreadthetruth
Emerald
Diamond
Maaho
Maaho
Emerald
who tf cares

vortixs

#FREEDAB
Emerald
Diamond
vortixs
vortixs
Emerald
none of us could give a single shit about your server. literally no cares. stop talking like it’s good

HugoDoesStuff

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Builder
Emerald
Diamond
HugoDoesStuff
HugoDoesStuff
Builder
none of us could give a single shit about your server. literally no cares. stop talking like it’s good
then why’d you reply genius

kiwi

kiwicat42
kiwicat42
That's really cool hm I never would have thought that just thought it was down in the void