What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toggle Crate Notifications in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk0660

Staff member
Diamond
rk0660
rk0660
So I'm going to start off by saying this- I do not know how feasible this actually is, I'm simply suggesting this on the basis that it isn't too much work to implement.

So on Factions, the chat is always being filled with the Vote and Mystery Crate Key chests, where players are opening key after key pretty much all day. There are certain periods where the crates literally fill the entire chat, making it impossible to talk at all for a good few minutes. This has actually gotten quite annoying over the past two days.

My suggestion is this: have an option to allow players to toggle whether they want to "mute" the crates or not, making it so they can ultimately choose whether they want to see the results of people opening the keys. If players choose to mute, then they will not see any crate results. If players do not choose mute, then their chat will be quite how it is right now. It's quite a small suggestion, but I feel like it would be a great addition.

Let me know your thoughts!

Mel

a wreck
Iron
SimplyMelody
SimplyMelody
Iron
I've already seen a thread discussing this before
However, I do quite like this idea;
It does get annoying when someone purchases a keyall,
Chat is flooded with people opening crates
I also particularly like the idea of being able to toggle this on and off,
Some people look to see what people have gotten; they need a specific item from the crates.
So in conclusion, +1 from me.

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
Definitely, especially today there were like 4 keyalls and chat just got flooded, +1 from me.

Taon2

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
I understand its a mess, but I don't think we will be doing it. Theres mods like tabbychat (which I use, its so nice) that you can use to filter out crate messages and never see them again.

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
I understand its a mess, but I don't think we will be doing it. Theres mods like tabbychat (which I use, its so nice) that you can use to filter out crate messages and never see them again.
What about the people who have old laptops and can’t download mods because it will crash there game.

It spams chat and more messages in chat, more lag. I like the ‘mute’ idea. [+1]

rk0660

Staff member
Diamond
rk0660
rk0660
I totally get that there are some mod alternatives that I could use, such as TabbyChat. Though I'm quite happy with how the MineCraft chat is set up, the only small issue is just the crate messages that are so often. I think that having the ability to toggle is the best solution, rather than having players install a mod to circumvent this.

Though are you saying it's quite difficult to implement?

Reblxtemp3r

Reblxtemp3r
Reblxtemp3r
+1 to the idea. It’s always so annoying when someone purchases a keyall and chat is being flooded, especially if you are trying to pm someone at the same time, it’s forever just scrolling up in chat due to the amount of crate messages. This may also hinder some of the lag and FPS drops players with bad pcs get.

PigMatt

No longer banned 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
+1 to the idea. It’s always so annoying when someone purchases a keyall and chat is being flooded, especially if you are trying to pm someone at the same time, it’s forever just scrolling up in chat due to the amount of crate messages. This may also hinder some of the lag and FPS drops players with bad pcs get.
Don’t Necropost - Respond to threads with no replys for 2 weeks - @AstroStqr✧

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
Don't necropost peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.