What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tournaments - My Idea

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
A server/network wide tournament/event system abled to be hosted by Diamonds/MVP/Staff using the command /host (sumo/soup/potpvp etc.) Or it could be an automatic thing like infection. Would be a nice addition to the server and add more competitiveness to Skycade!

The tournaments can be hosted every 12 hours (No one can host an event until the 12 hour timer is up) or after a long period of time so winning tournaments isnt farmable.
A player can only host 1 tournament per day. Even if it's on another server.
Even if a tournament starts you can spectate it so players and staff could watch the event take place.

Let's say it's a network wide event, a player wins the event if they get to choose the reward that they are given. Have a wide selection of rewards for example 1 or 2 faction points (don't know what they're called) so it encourages factions players to participate too. If you're in kitpvp you get a free kit or maybe some coins. If you're in skyblock/smp You get a keyall or a crate key for yourself or maybe some money i don't know.

Let's now say it's a per server event where you can host a tournament on a specific server it would broadcast to the whole network or the specific server "A KitPvP tournament is starting soon! Do /event join Kitpvp to participate!" Or something like that. And like I said before the rewards for winning said event would be wide like a free kit in Kitpvp, coins, crate all, etc.

Make more suggestions for features or maybe tournament mode suggestions in the comments or tell me your opinion about my idea on how tournaments should would. I'm writing this in school so I may update this when i get home

dustylog

Cos <3
Diamond
lifeofjay
lifeofjay
Diamond
yesss this would be so great
remove infection and kill the king and add this instead

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
yesss this would be so great
remove infection and kill the king and add this instead
Nononoon I suggested kill the king it isn't as bad as infection

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
I’d say let MVP have the perms to start tournaments, as they already have few seperations from the other ranks

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
I’d say let MVP have the perms to start tournaments, as they already have few seperations from the other ranks
Yeah i guess unless it's an automatic event

Hydra

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Hydragyrum
Hydragyrum
I would like to see something like this implemented, but a little but different.

I think they should be scheduled to happen at specific times automatically, and twice a day so different time zones can still participate. They could also happen on every server, but at the same time, to prevent people from joining every single tournament and only the one on the server that they would prefer the rewards.

I really like the concept and it would be a cool event to add in each game mode for something to look forward to.

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
I would like to see something like this implemented, but a little but different.

I think they should be scheduled to happen at specific times automatically, and twice a day so different time zones can still participate. They could also happen on every server, but at the same time, to prevent people from joining every single tournament and only the one on the server that they would prefer the rewards.

I really like the concept and it would be a cool event to add in each game mode for something to look forward to.
Yeah i agree that's why i said every 12 hours so both timezones can participate

whatecho

Certified cat, dog and chicken breeder
Iron
whatecho
whatecho
Iron
Yess this would be really cool to watch. I wanna spectate it. I'd never participate lmao :')