Toxicity on Skycade

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by ZackArcher, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZackArcher

ZackArcher Well Known Forums Member

_ZackArcher_
    For me personally, one factor that Skycade management don't really have too much control over that is turning some players away from Skycade is the extremely high levels of toxicity. There's so many unnecessary toxic comments and gestures made within the game that are just to make certain players either feel bigger and more powerful, to make players feel better about themselves or to make them fit in with others that are the same. The obvious main toxic communities are Factions and OpFactions (I personally believe regular is worse) but now I have also seen an increase in toxic comments and remarks. I have been told that Skycade used to be a lot more toxic than it is today but seeing an increase isn't pleasant and I believe there could/should be something possibly in place to limit this toxicity growing to the heights of how it used to be as that would not be a good experience for the community and also looking at it from a business point of view. Below is a thread of someone claiming toxicity has made them not want to play Skycade anymore; I am sure there are many other players that have left for the same reason but haven't made a thread about it. The second is a quote from Justnaa's leaving thread where they quite clearly say that they are "not enjoying it anymore and don't like the direction Skycade is going in" which shows that Skycade is currently rising in a less enjoyable setting for more and more players which I believe is down to toxicity. My final evidence I am using to support my point is the clear rise in reports of players being toxic from around February time. Now this could just be a coincidence but I personally believe it is because there's more toxic players to report. I want to end this off by saying if you do see anyone being toxic report them and help clean up the server to allow everyone the have the best possible experience on Skycade!

Someone claiming that toxicity has lead them to not want play anymore:
    A Toxic Enviornment

Justnaa's leaving quote:
    Video of rise in toxicity reports:

#1 ZackArcher, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    minecraftways05 likes this.
  2. birthdate

birthdate Well Known Forums Member

1. back then skycade was actually less toxic I would say it was more friendly trash talking nowadays yes there is more toxicity
    2. meh Toxicity is one of the most competitive factors on factions so if you cant take that toxicity what are you even doing on a computer

you are not going to find a server that doesnt have a bit of toxicity it is not a problem but it usually does grow

if you dont like the competitive things then maybe dont do factions it might not be for you if you cant take an insult.

I used to be less toxic then ever I was just a noob but then I actually started to have more fun when I became the toxic little goblin I am today
    I say and do a lot of mean things but I do not mean it im doing it to trigger the other player because it catches them off guard making them mad and I enjoy to see my enemies mad.

toxicity is a thing you face on factions and some people take some things said to them seriously but remember one thing kids...................................................... THE OTHER PLAYER DOES NOT KNOW YOU WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT THEY SAID ..........................................

even then I usually am friends or end up friends with the enemies I make on skycade so sometimes you can say toxicity brings ppl together like when I met @xM1ck on the forum we were having an argument and more or less insulting each other but literally that same day we became friends becuz we realized how silly it was so dont hate the player hate the game.

3. Hornet405

Hornet405 Well Known Forums Member

Calidus_
    For me personally, one factor that i hate is these sorts of threads. kthx just needed to get that off my chest.
    "so many" is an overstatement

well.. yeah, its factions. i dont really know what you're expecting from factions...
    no. you have seen an increase in threads addressing it. also, toxicity stems off toxicity. one toxic thing gets said, another is likely to follow and is usually part of the same argument. therefore making it unfair to class both as "completely different".
    you have been told correctly
    what do you suggest? "what you said "i hate you"?? GET BANNED"
    wtf does this have to do with anything
    i'll reword this for you:
    or maybe they dont like the way skycade is going because of the ranks, or because of other things. stop assuming.
    most of the threads shown in the video are from 2017 are you mad??
    i think it's people who dont really know what they're talking about in all honesty
    just... i just dont even....

also can i just say you literally just searched for toxicity in the search bar, you didnt specify dates and certainly didnt address the meaning for each thread
    good day, sir

4. ZackArcher

_ZackArcher_
    It is not me that it is directly affecting. The links I added on the end are a section of those being affected directly along with others. I also feel as a whole it is a negative thing for the general community as it will deter players away from Skycade when that is not what anyone wants.

5. Hornet405

Calidus_

EvilDunk likes this.
  6. birthdate

the number of players on skycade have been growing actually and what u posted is useless there are a lot more then what u posted still doesnt mean a thing

7. ZackArcher

_ZackArcher_
    Yes, I searched 'Toxic' to show how spread out reports for toxic things were last year compared to how they're more frequently posted now.

8. birthdate

as the toxicity grows so does the number of players so who cares man

9. Hornet405

Calidus_
    so now you're contradicting? ok cool! i can do that too!!!
    personally idk what this thread is on about i havent seen any toxicity

birthdate likes this.
  10. birthdate

ye me neither all the same to me tbh

11. Justnaa

Justnaa Well Known Forums Member

Justnaa
    for me im fine with people dropping f bombs and being toxic, i dont care about that, its factions.

birthdate likes this.
  12. ZackArcher

_ZackArcher_
    I'm sure the players that are turning away from Skycade because of this toxicity care.

13. birthdate

"i'm sure" yea no you can't be sure a hurricane is going to hit China you have to know and clearly you don't so dont assume early things my friend in time we''ll see how the server turns out

14. Justnaa

Justnaa
    out of my 11 months of being on the forums i have never seen a person leave because of the toxicity

birthdate likes this.
  15. ZackArcher

_ZackArcher_
    I never said I didn't search the word toxic. The reason I searched was to show the increase in reports through the dates getting gradually closer and closer together. I didn't say I just pressed search and all the threads were magically toxic reports.

16. Justnaa

Justnaa
    if you want to show more toxic reports are coming give us links of reports within may and june

birthdate and Hornet405 like this.
  17. Hornet405

Calidus_
    ok;
    half are threads about something completely different
    the rest are reports that yes are close together but;
    edit: im still waiting for you to address my first reply ;-;

18. ZackArcher

_ZackArcher_
    Because if the toxicity has made them leave why would they post a thread on it as that would only lead to more toxic comments targeted at them. Also this would mainly affect less well-known players of the community that do not feel they need to post a leaving thread or players that are just getting into Skycade and may not have experienced a time on the forums at all.

19. birthdate

most new players dont even know there is a forum, and if someone left for toxicity why would ppl be toxic in the comments?

20. WelshAlex

WelshAlex I use this to procrastinate real life
    Manager

WelshAlex
    "It's factions" really is no excuse to support toxic behaviour.
    I don't mean the factions disputes and banter, but personal insults, threats and so on are not part - nor should they ever be part - of the game.

Just because trash servers have allowed cursing and gross behaviour over the years that doesn't make it a defining or necessary feature of the game, and it's silly if you think it does.

treedemolisher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.