What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Un-popular opinion

Should SMP reset / add new SMP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFoodie

sadz ;(
Diamond
Food1e
Food1e
Diamond
To all those who don't want it to reset, you do realise that it's quite difficult for n new players (Or even old ones) to actually find a place to build a base? I tried to start playing smp ages ago, and I spent about an hour /wilding to find a nice looking place to build and the nicest place I found that wasn't claimed, was a partly griefed mountain. I decided to stop playing and wait for a reset. The amount of partly griefed houses, just regular houses and claimed land with barely anything built is ridiculous and makes it very difficult to build anything new. I'm sorry you don't want to lose your progress, but factions and skyblock players don't whine about that. They enjoy the challenge. If you really won't have a reset, have a second building world. Maybe some new players wouldn't have to wander around for hours to find somewhere to build.

Materializing

❊ artist • rand ❊
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Diamond
To all those who don't want it to reset, you do realise that it's quite difficult for n new players (Or even old ones) to actually find a place to build a base? I tried to start playing smp ages ago, and I spent about an hour /wilding to find a nice looking place to build and the nicest place I found that wasn't claimed, was a partly griefed mountain. I decided to stop playing and wait for a reset. The amount of partly griefed houses and claimed land with nothing built is ridiculous and makes it very difficult to build anything new. I'm sorry you don't want to lose your progress, but factions and skyblock players don't whine about that. They enjoy the challenge. If you really won't have a reset, have a second building world. Maybe some new players wouldn't have to wander around for hours to find somewhere to build.
This is what I’m talking about in my previous post. There are literally no places to build because it’s so crowded with greifed houses and ruins. It’s due for a reset and has been due for a while.

erhip

Im definitely hip.
Staff member
MVP
Diamond
erhip
erhip
Yes its quite similar, except one is in the sky and its an island, but its still a different playing experience. and i simply don't enjoy servers like skyblock and factions that reset
Regardless of if it’s a block in the sky or an open world your building your island up and making it look very nice. Do you not think that in like 6 months time 1.13 SMP will become stagnant and boring ?

Pug

eekSky
eekSky
I don't think there should be two SMP's. Just maybe wait and see if 1.13 / 1.14 (when released) gets more stable? Two SMP's would be chaotic as you would never know who's on which one. And it would be a complete reset aswell. No keeping echests or anything. It should be a fair start. Also I think people are forgetting that SMP isn't all about the money or whoever has the most popular pwarp, it's about the friends you make and the people you help. (It sounds soppy but SMP is like a community more so than a 'who can get the most money?') I may have gone off-subject but ye.

Oinkie oof

lazy oofkatsuki member
Diamond
Iron
DeathpacitoOOF
DeathpacitoOOF
Diamond
yes sky i realized that having money is kinda boring lol and i couldntve been alive if i didnt hav the friends i hav today oof
also i learned that oeuf is egg in french, and its said uuf, sounds like oof tho XD

Sombu

Love yourself
Diamond
Iron
Arcux
Arcux
Diamond
+1, I'd love to see a 1.13 SMP, I know little to nothing about that gamemode and it would be great to learn about it with everyone else, and see how everyone starts this new experience off!

Noto1472

Big Boi
Staff member
Administrator
Noto1472
Noto1472
Senior Moderator
I can play with dolphins!

TheSpoopyMango

TheSpoopyMango
TheSpoopyMango
I get it, I've had time where i just got really frustrated with the game, i just sold my house gave away some cash and moved on. but i get it if that doesn't work for some ppl

TheSpoopyMango

TheSpoopyMango
TheSpoopyMango
If anything by now i dont really care weather there is a reset or not i just really hope that players could keep there ec

Mr_Oz13

Mister Oz Thirteen
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Mr_Oz13
Mr_Oz13
Senior Moderator
The Skycade Twitter has mentioned that SMP will receive a huge update sometime in the first half of this year! We'll just have to wait and see, I'd be excited for all the fishies if we reset to 1.13!

ClanMitchell

The time is 5:46 for anyone who is wondering
Diamond
Gold
Iron
ClanMitchell
ClanMitchell
Diamond
As long as I get to keep the stuff I purchased from the store I guess. I would prefer a second smp however

TessieBear76

Happy Pride Month! 🏳️‍🌈
Staff member
TessieBearr
TessieBearr
at this point ive lost my motivation to do smp anymore, ive got a huge base, a nice pwarp, and i already ruined my money but ive still nothing left much to do. at this point i wouldnt even care if there was a reset, when i had my motivation to carry on my work and dedication to smp i wouldve died for no reset. when u get everything u can get and want for life, a good pwarp, alot of money... it just gets boring from there. ive been getting way more bored and my way of not being bored is by my friends, which when they arent on i just sit there, which kinda kills me inside.

i dont hav anything to do anymore on smp so ill probably move to skyblock, smp reset would be nice tho and might keep me on it
Agreed, a smp reset would be nice because most of us just don’t have anything to do anymore. I understand we work hard on our builds, but nearly every other game mode gets reset every once in awhile. Also I would LOVE LOVE LOOOVE to see a 1.13 smp because 1.13 adds so many more features that a lot of people love. Personally, idrc what happens here as long as we get a reset or a new smp

Oinkie oof

lazy oofkatsuki member
Diamond
Iron
DeathpacitoOOF
DeathpacitoOOF
Diamond
The Skycade Twitter has mentioned that SMP will receive a huge update sometime in the first half of this year! We'll just have to wait and see, I'd be excited for all the fishies if we reset to 1.13!
HECC YAZZZZZZZ FISHIESSSSSSSS EEE

PhoenixHaven

PhoenixHaven
PhoenixHaven
Not as unpopular as the streamer i watch that doesnt like chicken noodle soup

Banthony4

lol idk what to put here- Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
-1 for a reset no one is bieng smart about this have a new build world added instead of destroying over a year of over 100 thousand players work. About seeing the same top pwarp and baltops every time it’s simple just quit don’t go to destroy everything people have worked for just to change that a new smp will come and a new build world could be addded if we pushed for it.

Banthony4

Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
To all those who don't want it to reset, you do realise that it's quite difficult for n new players (Or even old ones) to actually find a place to build a base? I tried to start playing smp ages ago, and I spent about an hour /wilding to find a nice looking place to build and the nicest place I found that wasn't claimed, was a partly griefed mountain. I decided to stop playing and wait for a reset. The amount of partly griefed houses, just regular houses and claimed land with barely anything built is ridiculous and makes it very difficult to build anything new. I'm sorry you don't want to lose your progress, but factions and skyblock players don't whine about that. They enjoy the challenge. If you really won't have a reset, have a second building world. Maybe some new players wouldn't have to wander around for hours to find somewhere to build.
Factions and skyblock players are used to the resets we have never had one and it’s disrupt the way it is btw boy ask someone for a tpa my house has so much good land around it also try bieng creative make a base underground or in the sky or petition for a second build world.

Banthony4

Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
Skyblock and SMP are ALMOST the same thing. I don't understand why people complain about that lol
Factions, i'll admit is very different. But still Survival just like SMP and skyblock.
Yes because smp is in the sky with very limited materials spawner that we choose we can only get diamonds and stuff from chest shops and auctions or pay a lot of money just to go to a world with itXD

Slippslide

Diamond
slipperycreeper
slipperycreeper
Diamond
I can understand the motivation for a reset. Everything about unclaimed land is true. I can see problems with a second SMP server splitting the player base. However, there is severe underrepresentation of people without ranks on this thread. Who knows, maybe they think differently? I’ve flown around SMP a lot, mapped out some, and found some truly beautiful builds. SMP has never suffered a reset before, and even with all the support on this thread, many un-represented, unranked players may quit in protest of deletion of their hard work. I saw at least three former or current baltop players in this thread. Some have spoken of how they are tired of the game as is, however, many people still play SMP and build, but merely go unnoticed due to their lack of a rank. Also, the new SMP server would likely carry over store purchases, such as store-bought permpack and claimblocks, which sets up the server unfairly for donators, even if they bought the perms with real money. If the server reset, imagine starting over, only to find “reserved” areas claimed by those who can afford to purchase claimblocks?

All in all, a fresh start would be nice, but I say this having not much to do in SMP. As previously mentioned, many people still build, have fun, and live on SMP. Who are you to take it away from them because you are bored?

And, if you must reset the server, it would be a good idea to disable store-bought perms for maybe 30 days, to prevent unfair head starts. Unless you want unfair head-starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.