What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

update 1.12.2

Easy

Easy_2013
Easy_2013
this is more serious
why we need 1.12.2
- this server has been stuck on 1.8 for ages now. fighting is just people charging at each other and spamming left click. 1.12.2 makes fighting more tricky, with careful timing of each swing being one of the most important aspects
- shields also allow strategic combat situations the old block with sword is trash honestly and shield is a good thing to have in combat
- shulkers. enough said
-tipped arrows allow for teamwork like shooting region arrows at teammates. or you can go shoot poison at enemies
- end crystals also unlock a new form of combat of bombing.
please consider this. thanks.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
The server is fine as it is from 1.8-1.12.2. Factions is never gonna implement 1.9+, they tried that and it went pretty bad. Just play the 1.12 gamemodes if you don't like 1.8??? 1.8 pvp is the main reason people play on 1.8.9, removing that would essentially lose the playerbase in KitPVP and Factions. There's a huge difference in 1.8 pvp to 1.12.2 pvp. -1

Materializing

Mod.exe
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
1.12.2 pvp being the norm would KILL Skycade, even more than it already is. Nope. -1, absolutely not.

Artistblock

Artistblock
Artistblock
1.12.2 pvp being the norm would KILL Skycade, even more than it already is. Nope. -1, absolutely not.
I somehow put up with KitPvP on 1.11 during the summer of 2017. The offhand mechanic was really fun but the combat was awful.
this is more serious
why we need 1.12.2
- this server has been stuck on 1.8 for ages now. fighting is just people charging at each other and spamming left click. 1.12.2 makes fighting more tricky, with careful timing of each swing being one of the most important aspects
- shields also allow strategic combat situations the old block with sword is trash honestly and shield is a good thing to have in combat
- shulkers. enough said
-tipped arrows allow for teamwork like shooting region arrows at teammates. or you can go shoot poison at enemies
- end crystals also unlock a new form of combat of bombing.
please consider this. thanks.
As for the update to 1.12 for the entire server, I say no

Last edited:

Crazy Mazy

CrazyMazyYT
CrazyMazyYT
LOL 1.12 PVP IS TRASH. 1.8 is still “tricky”. Ever heard of aiming? Strafing? Block hitting? W tap. Your opinion is a minority

Artistblock

Artistblock
Artistblock
LOL 1.12 PVP IS TRASH. 1.8 is still “tricky”. Ever heard of aiming? Strafing? Block hitting? W tap. Your opinion is a minority
wow you are so cool. You must be a god at minecraft pvp!!!!!
iStock_000010223467XSmall.jpg

Crazy Mazy

CrazyMazyYT
CrazyMazyYT
i replied to you not op
Uh never said I was good at pvp just saying that the point that 1.8 does not use much skill is invalid and I would say that the majority of skycade agrees

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
I bet you're one of those players that joined minecraft after the 1.9 update came out and never tried to pvp outside of clicking 2 cps.

There are many videos that debunk the whole 'spamming left click is no skill' as tenrbrous states in his video you have to 'spam left click' really fast for a long period of time which if you didn't know we call it 'Jitter Clicking' is a skill.

Saying 'fighting is just people charging at each other and spamming left click.' Is totally wrong, you're dumbing down the concept of pvp. You have never even researched into the pvp community or what's left of it. 'Charging at people' no, it takes more stratege then that. People say 1.9 combat takes more skills? I don't think so. Strafing so the person you're fighting so they can't hit you easily is one of the main skills you need to be good at pvp. Cps doesn't really matter. Having good aim and strafe patterns takes time to learn and perfect does matter.

Not saying 1.9 doesn't take skill anyways. You do need to time your attacks and make sure your aim is perfect so the hit lands but the 1.9 pvp community is hating on the old community because they think cps is all that matters in pvp lmao

So to solve your problem of pvp..
Get good

Crazy Mazy

CrazyMazyYT
CrazyMazyYT
I bet you're one of those players that joined minecraft after the 1.9 update came out and never tried to pvp outside of clicking 2 cps.

There are many videos that debunk the whole 'spamming left click is no skill' as tenrbrous states in his video you have to 'spam left click' really fast for a long period of time which if you didn't know we call it 'Jitter Clicking' is a skill.

Saying 'fighting is just people charging at each other and spamming left click.' Is totally wrong, you're dumbing down the concept of pvp. You have never even researched into the pvp community or what's left of it. 'Charging at people' no, it takes more stratege then that. People say 1.9 combat takes more skills? I don't think so. Strafing so the person you're fighting so they can't hit you easily is one of the main skills you need to be good at pvp. Cps doesn't really matter. Having good aim and strafe patterns takes time to learn and perfect does matter.

Not saying 1.9 doesn't take skill anyways. You do need to time your attacks and make sure your aim is perfect so the hit lands but the 1.9 pvp community is hating on the old community because they think cps is all that matters in pvp lmao

Get good
Considered linking the tenebrous video

Easy

Easy_2013
Easy_2013

Get good
i joined minecraft in the 1.6 update. the cool downs adds dynamics. shields adds new skill.

Easy

Easy_2013
Easy_2013
tbh i just want end crystals and shulkers

whatecho

Certified cat, dog and chicken breeder
Iron
whatecho
whatecho
Iron
1.12 is trash, the only reason I play on 1.12+ is because of SMP and I love smp, the items in it are okay and the newer mechanics are pretty cool I guess but combat wise it's literal trash. I'm not much of a pvper myself but I definitely would be mad if skycade was strictly 1.12+ and such.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
i joined minecraft in the 1.6 update. the cool downs adds dynamics. shields adds new skill.
Shields have no skill to them and are an absolute trash part of minecraft to pvp with. Easier / better to block hit

DrJacoby12

DrJacoby12
DrJacoby12
I feel we should move on from the past (1.8)