What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wake Up Skycade! #WakeUpSC

SoMadSoBad

SoMadSoBadX
SoMadSoBadX
Wheres the hacker cage lol

Honestly, I liked factions seasons back when f top wasnt even a thing. Less toxic and more people just messing around and having fun. Skycade cannons have never worked and never will so why bother trying to make it more competitive?

nursey__

🏳️‍🌈
Gold
Nursey__
Nursey__
Gold
Welshalex Atleast you admitted that your bad manager
He didn't admit that, far from it. The premise of this post seems to be a rant at things that affect your directly with little thought into offering up actual solutions, but rather just trying to stir reactions from people.

There is so much that goes on behind the scenes, and the staff work endlessly to help, support and get to know players. I think if you took a moment to actually read most the replies and look into what it takes to run, develop, maintain and manage a server. Then you may start to realise and appreciate the work that goes into it, and factor them into your personal grievances against a pretty sturdy and overall pleasant community and network.

nicbeast00

NicBeast
NicBeast
Welshalex put no work into fac and end of the day skycade will soon be bankrupt So if u see behind the scenes so much u see that skycade is running low on money

Centurion

A D M I N
Diamond
Centurion
Centurion
Diamond
Welshalex put no work into fac and end of the day skycade will soon be bankrupt So if u see behind the scenes so much u see that skycade is running low on money
Not sure where you would get this from as you have no idea about the financial details of Skycade.

nicbeast00

NicBeast
NicBeast
Not sure where you would get this from as you have no idea about the financial details of Skycade.
Love that you didn't say you guys were in financial trouble Becuase if you did say u guys were fine for money it would be phat lie

nursey__

🏳️‍🌈
Gold
Nursey__
Nursey__
Gold
You realise of all the game modes Factions gets the most input? And echoing what Centurion has said, you, nor any of us, know the financial state of the server, and ultimately, it is absolutely none of our business.

You're all riding on the coat tails of one salty kid who put a post up because he seemingly got banned and wanted his tantrum validated and the easiest way to do this was seemingly try go after management with very little to go on with thin arguments, ill founded solutions and a hope that people will rally behind them.

Sadly, this is the wrong community for that, and it just isn't going to work.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
You realise of all the game modes Factions gets the most input? And echoing what Centurion has said, you, nor any of us, know the financial state of the server, and ultimately, it is absolutely none of our business.

You're all riding on the coat tails of one salty kid who put a post up because he seemingly got banned and wanted his tantrum validated and the easiest way to do this was seemingly try go after management with very little to go on with thin arguments, ill founded solutions and a hope that people will rally behind them.

Then stop replying and just ignore it and use the dislike button?

Centurion

A D M I N
Diamond
Centurion
Centurion
Diamond
Love that you didn't say you guys were in financial trouble Becuase if you did say u guys were fine for money it would be phat lie
I didn’t mention the financial state because I don’t know the exact details as I have no need to know. What I do know roughly is none of your business anyway. Now please stop making silly statements as what you are saying is fundamentally wrong.

WelshAlex

Staff member
Manager
WelshAlex
WelshAlex
Manager
Weird hypothesis about the state of Skycade's finances. In about as frank a way as I am allowed to be: Skycade is not doing as good as it has in previous periods when it comes to finances, as would be evident by the playercount, however we're not in a place where we're at all worried about finances. In fact, we're looking to expand our paid team as anyone who follows my twitter would know; we've recently put out an ad for more developers and are in active discussions with them.

Really strange to presume things without any idea of the situation

Sandman

Sand_V3
Sand_V3
@WelshAlex , you're mostly cool, main issue is that you take a lot of things personal and rather get into arguments with people instead of listening to their complains, more often than not with a quite rude attitude. It feels like you have a hard time admitting being wrong about things and quite frankly, as a grown adult and paid manager it isn't professional nor does it help the server to insult or get into fights with your playerbase, which partly consists of children and adolescents.
We're the people who play and spend a lot of time on the gamemodes that you and the staff work on, telling players who have 50+days of active ingame playtime, knowing the gamemode inside out that they have no clue and don't know what they're talking about can be off putting to say the least and I've seen you do that more than just a few times.
Just as much as saying things like "If you don't like it, you can just bugger off to another server". It isn't that easy to just leave, especially when you have friends and people that you would miss playing with on this server and can be somewhat hurtful to hear.

Note that this isn't a personal attack, I acknowledge you and the rest of the staff put a lot of work and thought into it and that you care about skycade being a fun place, it's mostly my opinion on you and what I've gathered from others, so far I haven't met anyone who hasn't complained about your attitude.

Last edited:

StampyJoeBen

m e l o n s
Diamond
Iron
ItsStampy
ItsStampy
Diamond
Hello @Sai. I see the points you are trying to explain although, I have some feedback on some.

Firstly, I understand the first point you explained, I have noticed the fact Jack has been uploading more content on other servers instead of his own.

Secondly, Factions is indeed laggy. Although, if there was a fix for the lag you'd expect it to have already been fixed already, I'm 99.99% positive Factions is laggy due to the server host which get hosts in Germany. Not only that, the rest of the server experiences some lag here and there.

Next, I have noticed the playerbase on factions go down and down, so some improvements are needed on that aspect.

Fourthly, Creative & Prisons, in my opinion, have never been the most active or loved gamemode on Skycade, as the Prisons revamp is coming soon, maybe it's time for a Creative Revamp?

I hope this all makes sense to you.

Glowing Regards,
~ Archie

Can't agree with Nursey more, the staff team are doing all they can do and we should thank them for that <3

xXTheCrispyXx

CrispyReebag
CrispyReebag
I completely agree with what @Sandman said - Welsh you're good mod and a very respectable guy with some flaws, but nothing that cannot be fixed. We all have them.

I think hopefully with the new update Prisons will garner more attention but there are some changes I am not in favour of. As a Skycade Prisons player with over 25d of gametime I should know a lot about the gamemode, as most players of the playtime do, and yes it is a good gamemode. It has, don't get me wrong, a lot of issues but they can be fixed.

I haven't been active recently but I am looking forward to seeing what the new update will bring - whether it'll be good or not.

Sai

PooSeller
PooSeller

Hhahah. Shut up, you got one bit of attention from a couple of videos and now you think you're it. Sit down I don't even want you on my thread. Move

@WelshAlex , you're mostly cool, main issue is that you take a lot of things personal and rather get into arguments with people instead of listening to their complains, more often than not with a quite rude attitude. It feels like you have a hard time admitting being wrong about things and quite frankly, as a grown adult and paid manager it isn't professional nor does it help the server to insult or get into fights with your playerbase, which partly consists of children and adolescents.
We're the people who play and spend a lot of time on the gamemodes that you and the staff work on, telling players who have 50+days of active ingame playtime, knowing the gamemode inside out that they have no clue and don't know what they're talking about can be off putting to say the least and I've seen you do that more than just a few times.
Just as much as saying things like "If you don't like it, you can just bugger off to another server". It isn't that easy to just leave, especially when you have friends and people that you would miss playing with on this server and can be somewhat hurtful to hear.

Note that this isn't a personal attack, I acknowledge you and the rest of the staff put a lot of work and thought into it and that you care about skycade being a fun place, it's mostly my opinion on you and what I've gathered from others, so far I haven't met anyone who hasn't complained about your attitude.
this is the best thing ever. although, i'd change the personal attack bit to, yes, yes this is meant to insult u

Isn't funny that the only ones that dislike our posts are staff and minimods? Plus they liked they liked the replies that opposed us, I smell a slight hint of bias.
somebody gets it

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
I have to be honest here, even though in supporting #wakeupskycade I belive the welsh puts a lot of work into the skycade and same with the staff. But even though they are trying there hardest they are doing things wrong. This season of factions was "different" but in a bad way.

nicbeast00

NicBeast
NicBeast
He Mabye try's but that's it hes not asking for help or doing anything right making the player count low

SoMadSoBad

SoMadSoBadX
SoMadSoBadX
no hate but hasnt it been said multiple times by higher ups the server barely has enough money to run? isnt that the main reason they went back to keys? they literaelly couldnt run without keys in the store anymore?

Centurion

A D M I N
Diamond
Centurion
Centurion
Diamond
no hate but hasnt it been said multiple times by higher ups the server barely has enough money to run? isnt that the main reason they went back to keys? they literaelly couldnt run without keys in the store anymore?
We said that if we continued on the keyless path then eventually we would run out of money. Now that we have reverted I believe everything is going well.

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Honestly this whole "Wake up Skycade" thing is getting very repetitive and I'm seeing a pattern, "bad staff! Bad management! Etc!!!!" Like you're saying the same stuff multiple times. And you're saying the staff isnt in touch with the community? You must be blind cause in all of these "Wake up Skycade" posts multiple staff members tell you guys how stupid you are. The staff are in touch with the community clearly.

I get that you want to help the server and lead it down a good path, but being babies about it won't get you anywhere. Saying the same thing over and over will get you no where as well. As multiple staff members said, suggest whatever you want to but stop crying about it and hope it gets fixed or whatever.

I'm also going to tell you how stupid you are, you're all saying you want Alex out, Skycade will more than likely be nothing without Alex and will probably go downhill from there. If Alex were to be removed I gauntee you there would be less and less quality updates, bad resets, bugs, etc.

Financial state of skycade is fine, people are tryharding mvp rank 24/7

Yeah playercount has decreased but what can you do players come and go that's life. Also for factions having 50 players on, hey there's other gamemodes factions isn't the only one. Factions get the most updates out of all the gamemodes and you still complain about it lol

Honestly this "Wake up Skycade" thing is stupid looool

SoMadSoBad

SoMadSoBadX
SoMadSoBadX
We said that if we continued on the keyless path then eventually we would run out of money. Now that we have reverted I believe everything is going well.
sounds good. dont play myself anymore but hopefully it at least stays up for the people who do.

Sandman

Sand_V3
Sand_V3
Honestly this whole "Wake up Skycade" thing is getting very repetitive and I'm seeing a pattern, "bad staff! Bad management! Etc!!!!" Like you're saying the same stuff multiple times. And you're saying the staff isnt in touch with the community? You must be blind cause in all of these "Wake up Skycade" posts multiple staff members tell you guys how stupid you are. The staff are in touch with the community clearly.

I get that you want to help the server and lead it down a good path, but being babies about it won't get you anywhere. Saying the same thing over and over will get you no where as well. As multiple staff members said, suggest whatever you want to but stop crying about it and hope it gets fixed or whatever.

I'm also going to tell you how stupid you are, you're all saying you want Alex out, Skycade will more than likely be nothing without Alex and will probably go downhill from there. If Alex were to be removed I gauntee you there would be less and less quality updates, bad resets, bugs, etc.

Financial state of skycade is fine, people are tryharding mvp rank 24/7

Yeah playercount has decreased but what can you do players come and go that's life. Also for factions having 50 players on, hey there's other gamemodes factions isn't the only one. Factions get the most updates out of all the gamemodes and you still complain about it lol

Honestly this "Wake up Skycade" thing is stupid looool

Personally, I don't really want Alex out, I just believe he should reflect more on the personal complains and feedback given to him and take a bit more of a diplomatic approach on how he treats his playerbase instead of shutting down whoever disagrees with him. As manager and someone who partly represents skycade it isn't creating a welcoming atmosphere and leaves players upset. In general it's stubborn and people are quitting over it.
It's not appropriate for a minecraft server

And there's better ways to keep the playerbase high, less offensive ways than unleashing hackers back on us with "second chance" mass unbans which starts by making people feel welcomed and listened to

And no, it doesn't make us whiny or stupid to address our concerns, some people are obviously discontent with some things and it is O.K. to talk about that.

Last edited: