Status
Not open for further replies.

RickyB98

Developer
RickyB98
RickyB98
Developer
Hello everyone!

We have a few things to announce and I thought to use this post to also recap what Skycade’s plans are for the future.

KitPvP

I hear your feedback about the servers being laggy, and I am actively working on the situation. I think I have identified the cause of the problem but that will require me to change three or four plugins at the same time to fix it definitively. I have already pushed a fix on our proxies that has made things a bit better, but there are still a couple things to do. Expect all this to be done by Monday/Tuesday.

YouTube

We're looking for YouTubers, small or big, to record on Skycade to showcase our network to a wider audience! In return, the YouTubers will receive some perks based on their audience:
- command permissions to help record videos (of course, no abusing!);​
- a special rank prefix to stand out;​
- a monetary return based on factors discussed privately.​

If you'd like to be a YouTuber for Skycade, please contact @MarvelDC with a link to your channel.

Gamemode Managers

Starting from the beginning of this month, we have new Managers! Each manager is assigned to one or more gamemodes and is responsible for the design and maintenance of the current and future seasons of those gamemodes.
  • KitPvP: @NegativeKB

1. KitPvP just reset! You can read all about it here: https://skycade.net/threads/skycade-kitpvp-season-5-announcement.51342/

2. Intro:
  • Hi, if you play KitPvP, you probably know me. If not, I'm Negative, some people call me Eric, I really don't care. But I am the new gamemode manager for KitPvP, replacing erhip because of his new Staff Manager position. And as of very recent, I am a new Developer at Skycade, mainly for maintaining KitPvP and doing other small things around the server. I used to be known as a KitPvP sweat over a year ago, becoming the #1 killer from day 1 of the season until the end. I also became staff and was very good :) These days I'm trying to take more of a management type role and do the best I can from the power I have to make the server a better place for all, with my main focus on KitPvP. If you played the recent beta that happened on Saturday, you could see I put a lot of work into the gamemode to make it better overall. I could say a lot more probably but I'll save that for another time. :D

Factions: @TrySimple - Assistant: @Lenora

Factions seasons normally last for around two months. However, for this season we’ve heard your discontent and decided to anticipate the end of it by a couple weeks. Therefore, Factions Season 19 is set to start Saturday, December 5th! You can read all about it here: https://skycade.net/threads/factions-season-19-annoucement.51451/
  • Intro (@TrySimple):
    Hello! If you play factions you might’ve seen me on recently, or in the past few seasons! My name is TrySimple and I’m kinda new to this role that I have now, I manage factions and I’m hoping to fix the issues with the last and this current season. I’ve been a staff for skycade since April of this year, and was a staff member the year before that, I used to play competitive factions and have won a few maps actually! I hope I get to know everyone a little better from my new point of view and work with you all in creating better future seasons and an overall better experience for everyone.
    Intro (@Lenoraa):
    I’m Lenora, hopefully most of you know me already. I’ve been on the staff team for almost 2 years and I’ve played Skycade Factions since season 10 and up until last year played competitively with Karma. I’ve got many victories under my belt and millions from payout, just kidding. I was also featured in Skycade Weekly as an exclusive interviewee. I hope to fix a few things on factions with TrySimple and be around to sort issues that may arise during the season. Feel free to contact me on discord if you have any issues on factions or want to pitch me your ideas.

• Skyblock: @MarvelDC

• Skyblock was reset relatively recently, therefore we are not expecting to reset anytime before next year. Marvel will be in charge of gathering the feedback from the players and the reps, and will fill me up with bugs to fix or new features to implement for the current season.

• Intro:
      Hello, I’m MarvelDC. I’ve been playing Skycade since 2014 and have been a staff member since 2018. I recently joined the admin team this year, too. From today, I’ll be the Skyblock manager which means I’ll be working closely with the players, representatives and staff members who play the game mode to provide the best experience to all players. In terms of experience, I’ve been playing Skyblock since season 2 and have made a lot of friends because of it, and I’m glad to be working on the game mode I love. If you’d like to help me and Skyblock in general, please contact me on Discord (MarvelDC#8887) or via the forums. All help is welcome!

• Creative & SMP: @nocookies4me

• Like Skyblock, SMP has been reset very recently, so the main job will be to maintain it and solve this season’s bugs (no, I haven’t forgotten about the custom enchants!).
    • As for Creative, let us know if you guys want a reset on there and we’ll make it happen! Also give us some feedback on features you would like to see on there.

• Intro:
      Hello, I’m nocookies4me. I’ve been playing Skycade for many years now and mainly play SMP though I hosted the Creative Build Comps for several months. I’ve enjoyed playing here, everything it’s brought me, and hope with the help of the community to keep bringing a good experience to others.

Prisons

Skycade started as a prisons server and the game mode has been added and removed a lot from the network. Due to a low need for prisons and the high bug count making it hard to justify it staying, we've decided to close the gamemode soon. This doesn't mean it won't come back in the future.

The formal closure date will be announced later on. On that day, we will host a special event, so stay tuned for that. We'd like to thank the prisons representatives and players who have stuck around by playing the game mode every now and then.

Player referrals

Introducing player referrals on our store! Invite new people to play on the server, and you will receive 3 redeemable referral keys upon their first purchase on the store, for a maximum of 15 keys per day. You can convert these keys in any of the main crate keys of the gamemode of your choosing. Tell the player you’re inviting to give your name on the ‘Did someone refer you?’ question at checkout.

Conclusions

I’d like to thank everybody who stayed and will continue to stick around during these days of trouble for us due to valuable members of our team leaving and a general decline in interest from the players. We hear that and we’d like to change it for the better by listening to your feedback and creating an enjoyable experience for everyone. In particular, huge thanks to the donators who are literally keeping the whole network running. I hope to get back to you with the lag fixes as soon as possible; in the meantime, give a warm welcome to the new managers!

Cheers,

Ricky

K

kylo

big rick out here

let a homie with 9 subscribers make 4 figures off of skycade, cheers!!!!!

MendtheMiner

mendthemooner
MVP
Emerald
Diamond
MendtheMiner
MendtheMiner
MVP
big up eric

Fancy

Default Settings 😎
Iron
xFqncy
xFqncy
Iron
I think I should be a manager...

Hampuu

dead server
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Diamond
biggest problem rn is the anticheat @RickyB98 You can fly for hours on kitpvp @NegativeKB

Edit: First test on ace, works fine

Merci

v i b e
Diamond
LeMerciii
LeMerciii
Diamond
Nice one Ricky, worded well :D

Entity

Die you stupid whore -Eric 2020
Iron
DefNotEntity
DefNotEntity
Iron
Hello everyone!

We have a few things to announce and I thought to use this post to also recap what Skycade’s plans are for the future.

KitPvP

I hear your feedback about the servers being laggy, and I am actively working on the situation. I think I have identified the cause of the problem but that will require me to change three or four plugins at the same time to fix it definitively. I have already pushed a fix on our proxies that has made things a bit better, but there are still a couple things to do. Expect all this to be done by Monday/Tuesday.

YouTube

We're looking for YouTubers, small or big, to record on Skycade to showcase our network to a wider audience! In return, the YouTubers will receive some perks based on their audience:

If you'd like to be a YouTuber for Skycade, please contact @MarvelDC with a link to your channel.

Gamemode Managers

Starting from the beginning of this month, we have new Managers! Each manager is assigned to one or more gamemodes and is responsible for the design and maintenance of the current and future seasons of those gamemodes.

Factions seasons normally last for around two months. However, for this season we’ve heard your discontent and decided to anticipate the end of it by a couple weeks. Therefore, Factions Season 19 is set to start Saturday, December 5th! You can read all about it here: https://skycade.net/threads/factions-season-19-annoucement.51451/
  • Intro (@TrySimple):

Intro (@Lenoraa):

• Skyblock was reset relatively recently, therefore we are not expecting to reset anytime before next year. Marvel will be in charge of gathering the feedback from the players and the reps, and will fill me up with bugs to fix or new features to implement for the current season.

• Intro:

• Like Skyblock, SMP has been reset very recently, so the main job will be to maintain it and solve this season’s bugs (no, I haven’t forgotten about the custom enchants!).
    • As for Creative, let us know if you guys want a reset on there and we’ll make it happen! Also give us some feedback on features you would like to see on there.

• Intro:

Prisons

Skycade started as a prisons server and the game mode has been added and removed a lot from the network. Due to a low need for prisons and the high bug count making it hard to justify it staying, we've decided to close the gamemode soon. This doesn't mean it won't come back in the future.

The formal closure date will be announced later on. On that day, we will host a special event, so stay tuned for that. We'd like to thank the prisons representatives and players who have stuck around by playing the game mode every now and then.

Player referrals

Introducing player referrals on our store! Invite new people to play on the server, and you will receive 3 redeemable referral keys upon their first purchase on the store, for a maximum of 15 keys per day. You can convert these keys in any of the main crate keys of the gamemode of your choosing. Tell the player you’re inviting to give your name on the ‘Did someone refer you?’ question at checkout.

Conclusions

I’d like to thank everybody who stayed and will continue to stick around during these days of trouble for us due to valuable members of our team leaving and a general decline in interest from the players. We hear that and we’d like to change it for the better by listening to your feedback and creating an enjoyable experience for everyone. In particular, huge thanks to the donators who are literally keeping the whole network running. I hope to get back to you with the lag fixes as soon as possible; in the meantime, give a warm welcome to the new managers!

Cheers,

Ricky
hey so wheres my skyblock manager role

500iq

didn’t ask
Diamond
iAmVeryCute_
iAmVeryCute_
Diamond
L prisons, funny that it’s getting removed doe, almost like i knew ages ago 😳

TheGreenBanner

master of running
Iron
ItsGren
ItsGren
Iron
Nice you are listening to the community

Last edited:

Sex

SexBomb
SexBomb
i can be a youtuber

my vids include :
each vids get 200+ views on each vid lol

G

GodPain

finally a real developer

Kindredcashew98

Pwarp Kindred
Diamond
Kindred98
Kindred98
Diamond
Hello everyone!

KitPvP

YouTube

Gamemode Managers

• Intro (@TrySimple):

Intro (@Lenoraa):

• Intro:

• Intro:

Prisons

Player referrals

Conclusions

Cheers,

Ricky
Ricky out there keeping SkyCade alive! Someone give him a pay rise! (Well actually SkyCade probably needs the money but still)

Blockyfied

Blockyfied
Blockyfied
I liked prisons, I understand why it will be shut down though.

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
lol I suggested the youtuber thing big brain moments.

Banthony4

Hopefully ill be someone soon -Me a Randy
Diamond
Banthony4
Banthony4
Diamond
Hello everyone!

KitPvP

YouTube

Gamemode Managers

• Intro (@TrySimple):

Intro (@Lenoraa):

• Intro:

• Intro:

Prisons

Player referrals

Conclusions

Cheers,

Ricky
Well said Ricky it will be sad to see prisons go but you made an excellent point on why it should go therefor it is very understandable I cannot wait to see the future of skycade which is starting to look a lot more certain in my eyes.

Juaq

Juaq
Juaq
skycade making a return in 2021???

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.