What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

We need a seperate mute for opression

Izfbn

ethreal_being
ethreal_being
Today i encountered someone being incredibly racist on skycade, they have been punished, FOR 1 DAY???? Like cmon forms of opression are unaccpetable however a 1 day mute is deemed a fulfilling punishment? Surely something as unacceptable as racsim, sexism, homophobia,transphobia ect should be punished accordingly and not just for one day! If skycade is meant to be a family friendly server than the most important thing is the players safety? A 1 day mute is in my eyes brushed off, Its not "targeted disrespect" Its blatant opression and im not here for it, we need a form of punishment for the disgusting language used by these people. It may not be in the hands of the mod at the time to punish a more lengthy acceptable punishment.
I hope you see this the way I do
-izfbn

Benbro321

Diamond
Gold
Happy_Hours
Happy_Hours
Emerald
Agreed

Izfbn

ethreal_being
ethreal_being
Thank you see!!!

Skybear108

Skybear108
Skybear108
Wow, so you've encountered your first internet troll. Congrats! This is clearly not an issue. If they come back and do it again, they will be punished for a longer time. Just because something offends you in particular, does not mean it should be punished any differently. He was wrong for doing that, but that doesn't mean we should treat it any differently because it offends you. They were disrespectful and got punished. That's it.

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond
That's not exactly what oppression means but I do get your point. Being muted for one day for saying these terrible things doesn't cut it; would be better if the punishment timeline for targeted disrespect was pushed back a timeline so that it started at 7 days instead of 1. After all, a mute for spoiling a movie was 14 days which is ridiculous

PigMatt

Powered by Bacon 🥓👌
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
I've already made a thread on this, but 100% agree.
https://skycade.net/threads/racist-mutes.26801/

That's not exactly what oppression means but I do get your point. Being muted for one day for saying these terrible things doesn't cut it; would be better if the punishment timeline for targeted disrespect was pushed back a timeline so that it started at 7 days instead of 1. After all, a mute for spoiling a movie was 14 days which is ridiculous
Spoilers is a 14 ban*

AstroStqr✧

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * Apart was here (Astro Big QT)
Diamond
JustAstro
JustAstro
Diamond

Materializing

Mod.exe
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
I do agree with this, most servers I’ve been on before have separate punishment times for racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. behaviour. Although I don’t think it’s a #1 priority at the moment, it would be nice.

Kwuffin

Absolute weeb
Diamond
_____________yes
_____________yes
Diamond
*Me being banned from the Discord for racism twice already*

xllegendyt

i love having accounts hacked
Iron
Arrtisan_
Arrtisan_
Iron
How come spoilers are 14 days, and racism, sexism, homophobia and others get a one day mute? Absolutely disgusting

ProSl3nderMan

Diamond
ProSl3nderMan
ProSl3nderMan
Emerald
I'd like to think punishments are what shape the community you want skycade to be, at least that's the way I've always seen it when I've enforced rules on other servers. By increasing the punishment severity for racism, sexism, homophobia, etc, you increase the chance of getting the community you want skycade to be. +1

Bcof

Save the Amazon Forest
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Diamond
I do somewhat agree to this, good suggestion.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Today i encountered someone being incredibly racist on skycade, they have been punished, FOR 1 DAY???? Like cmon forms of opression are unaccpetable however a 1 day mute is deemed a fulfilling punishment? Surely something as unacceptable as racsim, sexism, homophobia,transphobia ect should be punished accordingly and not just for one day! If skycade is meant to be a family friendly server than the most important thing is the players safety? A 1 day mute is in my eyes brushed off, Its not "targeted disrespect" Its blatant opression and im not here for it, we need a form of punishment for the disgusting language used by these people. It may not be in the hands of the mod at the time to punish a more lengthy acceptable punishment.
I hope you see this the way I do
-izfbn
Literally not what oppression is lol, if you're going to complain atleast get your facts right and learn how the world works. Also bringing in a third party punishment for these things can lead to bias as it depends on what the staff defines as discriminatory and as we all know theres a lot of white knights and SJW's on Skycade so like.

Izfbn

ethreal_being
ethreal_being
im a girl??

and just standing up for what is right?