What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

We need the good server host back!!!!

What do you think about this?

• My ping is perfectly fine (Has to be roughly 60ms - 70ms or lower for it to be good ping imo)

• Yes we need this.

• I dont care i love lagging and killing people

• No i get -1 ms i can see what you do before you do it

• No we dont need this.

• Maybe we can get a US host.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Centurion

A D M I N
Diamond
Centurion
Centurion
Diamond
How about we host it from the middle of the ocean. Only way to make everyone happy.

On a more serious note, there will never be a solution that makes everyone happy.

NegativeKB

I'm back >:)))
Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
How about we host it from the middle of the ocean. Only way to make everyone happy.

On a more serious note, there will never be a solution that makes everyone happy.
Unless there are multiple hosts located in different regions but it would cost too much money (I think)

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
should based on player base with weighting on game modes. potentially have different hosts for diff game modes based on what area of world plays most. also isnt my fault aussies have no representation because so few play
Never said it was your fault and also i advocate for it to be generalised hosting for all the servers in America. Also Australians make up a relatively big portion of Skycade so we do get a say.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Unless there are multiple hosts located in different regions but it would cost too much money (I think)
Have a network setup like a practice server 1 of the proxy's is american the other is european more eu dominated gamemodes must be connected through the eu proxy the more american dominated gamemodes connected through the american proxy Skycade already has 2 proxy servers so it is possible just time and effort to setup correctly

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
Never said it was your fault and also i advocate for it to be generalised hosting for all the servers in America. Also Australians make up a relatively big portion of Skycade so we do get a say.
Someone told me Alex said most of the playerbase is American, dunno if it's true or not

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
Someone told me Alex said most of the playerbase is American, dunno if it's true or not
most of the playerbase is definately american lol + either way the location should be fair for all 3 major locations oceania american europe so it should be hosted in the middle of all of those which is america which would make it fair

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
most of the playerbase is definately american lol + either way the location should be fair for all 3 major locations oceania american europe so it should be hosted in the middle of all of those which is america which would make it fair
There's no way Skycade would be able to afford that at this time at least. EU's are happy cause they have low ping, if they switch back to America or if they switch to Australia the EU's will start crying again. There's no way to make everyone happy right now imo

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
There's no way Skycade would be able to afford that at this time at least. EU's are happy cause they have low ping, if they switch back to America or if they switch to Australia the EU's will start crying again. There's no way to make everyone happy right now imo
SKycade already has 2 Proxy servers so it is entirely possible to do it. maximum servers skycade would need to purchase to do this if they cant already is 1 which is just 1 more proxy as a fallback. Also if you switch back to america it will make both americans and australians happy therefore majority rules

NegativeKB

Staff member
Helper
Diamond
NegativeKB
NegativeKB
Helper
SKycade already has 2 Proxy servers so it is entirely possible to do it. maximum servers skycade would need to purchase to do this if they cant already is 1 which is just 1 more proxy as a fallback. Also if you switch back to america it will make both americans and australians happy therefore majority rules
That is true, the majority of Skycade player's ping would be under or just over 100 if they did switch back and since we are the majority I think it'll be better, but most likely it won't happen for a good bit

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
That is true, the majority of Skycade player's ping would be under or just over 100 if they did switch back and since we are the majority I think it'll be better, but most likely it won't happen for a good bit
Which is the unfortunate part for both Skycade and the community

DivMC

DivMC
DivMC
Thats not how it works. Learn how it properly works then come back Also united states is the most fair across the board and thats facts
I've been working as a minecraft/web developer since 2013. I know how it works. I especially know BungeeCord. It was just a suggestion.

Katnaya

Iron
Katnaya
Katnaya
Iron
A very immature post.

Noto1472

Big Boi
Staff member
Administrator
Senior Moderator
Noto1472
Noto1472
Senior Moderator
Everyone would love better ping, but we work with what we have. Anyone who has played skycade for a while might remember how bad the old host was towards the end of its era. There would be times when the whole server was down for long stretches of time because of that host. Even though I get high 100+ ping, I can still enjoy the game modes most of the time. I feel for the Aussies that get 300+ ping at times.

Dictator_Alideen

Dictator_Alideen
Dictator_Alideen
I've been working as a minecraft/web developer since 2013. I know how it works. I especially know BungeeCord. It was just a suggestion.
well obviously you dont because you would then know how connections would be terrible with how you proposed your idea and i have been working with specifically bungeecord networks for 3 years now so i also know how it works and am currently developing one
Also as a follow up anyone who says something is better for Jack and adds him to this tho there is no need is obviously pretty young no offence ;)

Also not saying your idea was bad it was just terribly worded hence why if you read my other replies i re bought up your idea but worded it properly

Last edited:

DKW

DKW
DKW
Just throw the server into the ocean! It's right in between the US and Great Britain!

SimplySarcastic

SpookiLexi
SpookiLexi
no matter what, there will always be people unhappy. personally i think its fine even though im in the UK so like the ping is no problem for me at all