What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weather Control In Claims For Smp

xChocobear

Map Art Maker, Random, Idiot
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
ILikeDogz
ILikeDogz
Emerald
I think it would be cool to be able to control the weather in your own claim on smp. I mostly want this to riptide into the sky in the rain but I feel it could also be useful for making some builds look better. I feel like if this were added it would probably be something apart of perm pack.

Fancy_Dinners_

Wannabe Lawyer
Iron
DamSoFancy
DamSoFancy
Iron
Pretty good idea, is there a plugin for it and does it cause lag?

FluffyBean17

Huge persona 5 nerd - Rando - Greek myth nerd
Diamond
FluffyBean17
FluffyBean17
Emerald

5BeanBurritos

not a taco
Diamond
MrKreasey
MrKreasey
Emerald
There is /ptime available on the store, plus it could make the world look very ugly around it if other players were to claim and set the weather to rain then snow then sun, etc. -1

FluffyBean17

Huge persona 5 nerd - Rando - Greek myth nerd
Diamond
FluffyBean17
FluffyBean17
Emerald
Maybe make it an offence

xChocobear

Map Art Maker, Random, Idiot
Emerald
Diamond
Iron
ILikeDogz
ILikeDogz
Emerald
There is /ptime available on the store, plus it could make the world look very ugly around it if other players were to claim and set the weather to rain then snow then sun, etc. -1
True it sgould probably have a cool down or a limit like only able to do it in one claim at a time

Griefendor

hippity hoppity your memes are my property
Diamond
Griefendor
Griefendor
Diamond
I think the concept it a cool idea. Just depends on how many people are doing it and if that were to cause lag to SMP. I'd say there would need to be a limit and a bannable offence if it is abused- other than that it would be cool.

Timingg

Timingg
Timingg
As many others have said it's a cool idea and you could do the same with Skyblock but practically I believe it just wouldn't work as there are problems such as lag and I'm fairly confident that staff don't want more to moderate for no reason.

EnderSlenderZ

probably busy
Diamond
Gold
Iron
EnderSZ
EnderSZ
Diamond
In my opinion I don't think players should be able to toggle their own weather in their claims, however what could be cool is if there is a thunderstorm or rain event in the build/mining world every now and then so people with channeling/riptide can use their tridents if they like and those who live in snowy areas can have snowfall

The only issue i see with this is lag, but as long as the event doesn't last that often/doesn't occur a lot then i can't see it being too bad

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Diamond
EdatingIcky
EdatingIcky
Diamond
Break the server