Not open for further replies.

Jackelele

<3
Diamond
Jackelele
Jackelele
Diamond
Hi all,

I have a selection of website suggestions below. I would appreciate feedback.

Suggestion 1: Add a discord identity.
Info: Currently under 'Identities' there is Skype, Twitter and Facebook. I think Discord should be added because it is a form of contact used on the community.

Suggestion 2: Colour tags for staff members
Info: This shows the usernames of staff the colour of their rank. An example is below:

Suggestion 3: Smilies
Info: We should have similies on the forums that relate to Skycade. It's a nice cosmetic feature.

Suggestion 4: Separate Rules page
Info: Make's the rules more clear and new-users on the forums may click it.

Suggestion 5: Hide negative ratings
Info: Some users may become upset if they have negative ratings on their profile; this is just a suggestion - but maybe remove them from view on the user's member card.
Like this:

Suggestion 6: Dark theme
Info: For myself and maybe others - I have a strong disliking to bright colours and prefer to have it dark. I do have a addon on chrome for it, but some users may feel the same as me. Therefore, I propose a dark theme for the forums; It's pretty simple on Xenforo to make a child dark theme.

Suggestion 7: Discord on member card
Info: This is similar to my suggestion 1 - this identity will show on the player card:

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jackelele

Binate

Tuna is my idol
Diamond
xlNate
xlNate
Diamond
DisCord on it would be nice but I think there should be tutorial for new players cuz when I first joined I didn't know how to use forums

ohLaike

Professional Procrastinator
Diamond
Gold
ohLaike
ohLaike
Senior Moderator
1) +1 - This should be added as people on Skycade use discord probably more than any of the platforms listed there, and it would be nice not to have to put it in your bio.

2.) This seems very simple to do, but kind of unnecessary. I also thing it might be harder to read the names/tell what rank they are just by their name colour. +0 (I’m ok with it being added but could do without it)

3.) Nah. I like the reactions/emojis we have - I see no reason for them to be changed (hope this is what you’re talking talking about) -1

4.) The rules are everywhere... and when you’re invited to the discord it literally is an invite to #guidelines. -1

5.) +1, it’s been suggested multiple times and it would probably stop people from like/dislike spamming as much.

6.) +1 pleaaase. I get a notification at night from forums when I’m on discord and I switch to the forums and it’s literally blinding.

7.) This is sort of an addon to #1 but I still agree for the same reason. +1

Jackelele

<3
Diamond
Jackelele
Jackelele
Diamond
3.) Nah. I like the reactions/emojis we have - I see no reason for them to be changed (hope this is what you’re talking talking about) -1

4.) The rules are everywhere... and when you’re invited to the discord it literally is an invite to #guidelines. -1
By Similies I meant the little smile faces like these -> :unsure::(:cool::p - not really a necessary change. But maybe like :skycade: for skycade logo etc..

I agree with the rules being everywhere too - It was just an idea to have all the rules and information posted in the 'Rules' category onto one page that players can get to on via the navigation bar (easy to do).

Other than that, thank you for feedback! :)

MrSwalbert

Former Mod
Diamond
MrSwalbert
MrSwalbert
Diamond
1) I like the idea - nobody really uses the Facebook or Skype options, though I'm not sure it's that easy to just "add" a new one.
2) Not a massive fan, I think it's fine how it is.
3) Not really necessary - nobody would use them.
4) Not really necessary - it's quite easy to find them.
5) I think it's good with negative ratings. It's not like MC Market where you literally depend upon your rating ratio.
6) A big fat yes, I think this would be a really good addition.
7) I like it, though I don't think it's as simple as just "adding" an option.

Good ideas though!

Jackelele

<3
Diamond
Jackelele
Jackelele
Diamond
1) I like the idea - nobody really uses the Facebook or Skype options, though I'm not sure it's that easy to just "add" a new one.
2) Not a massive fan, I think it's fine how it is.
3) Not really necessary - nobody would use them.
4) Not really necessary - it's quite easy to find them.
5) I think it's good with negative ratings. It's not like MC Market where you literally depend upon your rating ratio.
6) A big fat yes, I think this would be a really good addition.
7) I like it, though I don't think it's as simple as just "adding" an option.

Good ideas though!
Thanks for feedback!

(THE FOLLOWING IS ON MY OLD FORUMS)
1 and 7 - It's completely easy to do on XF2: Under 'Custom User Fields' you create a new one via the admin panel like below:

Then under it is 'General Options' which allows you to display is on user info (member card) and profile pages and also a few others;

Then finally when you post on the forums and on the about page on your profile, it'll look like this:

Oinkie oof

oof moment
Diamond
Iron
PastaInTheToilet
PastaInTheToilet
Diamond
the one i especially like is the dark theme, when its like 2am and im looking on forums and i open it im just blinded and i feel ded inside, +1
1. k then
2. ooh colors!
3. say wha
4. we hav enough places to put dem
5. well they can stay
7. for people who like their discord rly public yes

Shaking

download the ShakeClientV2.exe
Diamond
Shaking
Shaking
Diamond
+1

Nosuchthingj

Justnaa
Justnaa
Suggestion 1: Add a discord identity.
Info: Currently under 'Identities' there is Skype, Twitter and Facebook. I think Discord should be added because it is a form of contact used on the community.
+1
Suggestion 2: Colour tags for staff members
Info: This shows the usernames of staff the colour of their rank. An example is below:
eh. I guess idk. Just hover over the name to see rank so -1/+1 idk
Suggestion 3: Smilies
Info: We should have similies on the forums that relate to Skycade. It's a nice cosmetic feature.

You can. hover over like button
Suggestion 5: Hide negative ratings
Info: Some users may become upset if they have negative ratings on their profile; this is just a suggestion - but maybe remove them from view on the user's member card.
Like this:
-1 if you hide them whats the point? If they cant handle negative ratings they just need to grow up and accept it.
Suggestion 6: Dark theme
Info: For myself and maybe others - I have a strong disliking to bright colours and prefer to have it dark. I do have a addon on chrome for it, but some users may feel the same as me. Therefore, I propose a dark theme for the forums; It's pretty simple on Xenforo to make a child dark theme.
+1 I would love user custom theme.
Info: This is similar to my suggestion 1 - this identity will show on the player card:
About me section -1

Reed4

A Rando
Diamond
Reed4
Reed4
Diamond
Dark Theme get in there!!!

Jackelele

<3
Diamond
Jackelele
Jackelele
Diamond
Dark Theme get in there!!!
Thanks for feedback :p

the one i especially like is the dark theme, when its like 2am and im looking on forums and i open it im just blinded and i feel ded inside, +1
1. k then
2. ooh colors!
3. say wha
4. we hav enough places to put dem
5. well they can stay
7. for people who like their discord rly public yes
Thanks for the feedback..

PigMatt

rip skycade
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Suggestion #1: Add a discord identity.
I fell like it makes sense if one of Skycade's platforms is discord they should have the options if they have stuff like Skype and Facebook. +1

Suggestion #2: Colour tags for staff members.
I don't fell like it is needed but I think it would be a nice addition +1

Suggestion #3: SkyCade Related Smilies
I don't fell like this is necessary , tho i don't disagree. +0

Suggestion #4: Separate Rules page
They are quite clear already, discord has #guidelines, the is a sub-form on the forums so I don't see the point -1

Suggestion #5: Hide negative ratings
Tho i have seen this before, i deffo agree tho, some people might fell weird if they have so many negative reactions. essentially new members who make a suggestion and get a lot of disagrees +1

Suggestion #6: Dark theme
PLEASE! My eyes are going to die!! Huge +1

Very similar to #1 as you said but I agree. It will make it easier to contact people for giveaways etc. +1

Smoothed

Smoothed#0183
Iron
Smoothed
Smoothed
Iron
add dark mode and discord thing

also give us the ability to buy a coloured nametag for like 5 dollars lol (it looks cool af on mc market)

Orange

𝔸𝕝𝕖𝕩 | Best Sumo
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
Agree with everything except 4 and 5.
Really would like to see these suggestions come to life.

Jackelele

<3
Diamond
Jackelele
Jackelele
Diamond
add dark mode and discord thing

also give us the ability to buy a coloured nametag for like 5 dollars lol (it looks cool af on mc market)
That'd be great as a donation feature. I thought of the idea that ranked players would get their colour; but thought some would disagree and It could become cluttered and look like those forums with many colours.

Agree with everything except 4 and 5.
Really would like to see these suggestions come to life.
Other than that, thanks for the feedback!

Nofame

Am pro pvp!!1
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Theoretic
Theoretic
Diamond
Good ideas. Would like to see a few of them implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.