What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What caused the death of Skycade?

PigMatt

Social Distancing
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Alex? lag? the staff team?

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
Alex? lag? the staff team?
There must have been more, as why would a staff manager be able to do this much damage? Let's take the first manager for example, Skycade did get a small hole in it's playercount due to him,but it managed to get revived.

JayTechTipsYT

just a rando
Diamond
Gold
Iron
JayTechTipsYT
JayTechTipsYT
Diamond
yea but the server hasnt died (yet) and as long as @iiSpace and @Taon2 are still around, it wont die :)

edit: fixed spelling

Last edited:

Kwuffin

Diamond
Kwuf
Kwuf
Diamond
I’d say the host-switch + the lag that came with it was the main reason of this decline in player count. But the manager-abuse was also pretty bad which made many players quit.

There must have been more, as why would a staff manager be able to do this much damage? Let's take the first manager for example, Skycade did get a small hole in it's playercount due to him,but it managed to get revived.
The abuse did not make a huge dent in the player-count, but Alex did ban a lot of very active and known players in the community. Leading to those banned players telling others that they don’t play anymore, and because of their influence, others stop playing too.

Taon2

dev boi
Staff member
Developer
Taon2
Taon2
Developer
Interesting thread I'd like to reply to.

In my opinion, quite a fair amount of people left due to either becoming uninterested, or unhappy with the state the server was in. The rules were unclear and the person in charge of them was a bit rude (talking about Alex), the content design was most designed by staff and most players never got listened to. With Alex leaving I've been taking up quite a fair amount of his role, being "in charge" of most content design, organization, and other bits. It's actually very fun, and one of my main goals is to ease the community and listen to them a lot more. Right now, most of the gamemodes are what remains of Alex's organization. I'm really hoping that the upcoming resets for Factions as well as Skyblock will bring back a big boom, as they'll be designed more by the community suggestions and less by Alex (or me, in this new case). Any rep can tell you that I've been working closely (if not daily) with them for ideas, important comments, or other tidbits. The upcoming factions and skyblock resets that are planned/in planning will be very good, and hopefully brings back some people who previously left.

Another thing is the host switch, which tanked a lot of people's ping. Once Dwayne is back around in action I might try and bring up the idea of a US and EU proxy, which will really help that situation. All sort of depends on what he says, but it is on my mind.

Also, the lag. Factions lag has been improved quite a bit lately, and skyblock is slowly improving as well. The next resets have lag in mind, and actions are being made to improve it through both content design changes and code structure changes. Hopefully things are a lot more manageable.

So yeah, quite a variation of reasons. Really hoping that in the upcoming 3 months everything in this thread can be put in place and we can see some better booms like we used to. The day that we start holding 600 players again is the day I wish for.

Edit: Also online school is hard af and people (even me) have been focusing on that. Hopefully once summer starts we see 300+ daily and can build up more as we reset things and work hard.

Last edited:

Xechro

too active for my own good | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
Any rep can tell you that I've been working closely (if not daily) with them for ideas, important comments, or other tidbits.
Can confirm this, in the past month or two there's been more consulting of the community than there has been for A LONG time, if ever.

Massive props to taon for introducing the reps system and the whole create a doc and just put all your suggestions in it method, it's definitely improved the server already, as seen by cannoning.

ngl if taon weren't here the server would be in a different place, and probably a worse one.

Again, massive props and happy to be able to give my opinion (definitely speaking for all the reps here as well).

aidanhh

a rando
Emerald
Diamond
aidanhh
aidanhh
Emerald
cuz the lags so shitty and unplayable, the devs only care about like 2 gamemodes, he rules are dumb as and way too petty, and half the players quit soo

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek

In my opinion, quite a fair amount of people left due to either becoming uninterested, or unhappy with the state the server was in. The rules were unclear and the person in charge of them was a bit rude (talking about Alex), the content design was most designed by staff and most players never got listened to. With Alex leaving I've been taking up quite a fair amount of his role, being "in charge" of most content design, organization, and other bits. It's actually very fun, and one of my main goals is to ease the community and listen to them a lot more. Right now, most of the gamemodes are what remains of Alex's organization. I'm really hoping that the upcoming resets for Factions as well as Skyblock will bring back a big boom, as they'll be designed more by the community suggestions and less by Alex (or me, in this new case). Any rep can tell you that I've been working closely (if not daily) with them for ideas, important comments, or other tidbits. The upcoming factions and skyblock resets that are planned/in planning will be very good, and hopefully brings back some people who previously left.

Another thing is the host switch, which tanked a lot of people's ping. Once Dwayne is back around in action I might try and bring up the idea of a US and EU proxy, which will really help that situation. All sort of depends on what he says, but it is on my mind.

Also, the lag. Factions lag has been improved quite a bit lately, and skyblock is slowly improving as well. The next resets have lag in mind, and actions are being made to improve it through both content design changes and code structure changes. Hopefully things are a lot more manageable.

So yeah, quite a variation of reasons. Really hoping that in the upcoming 3 months everything in this thread can be put in place and we can see some better booms like we used to. The day that we start holding 600 players again is the day I wish for.

Edit: Also online school is hard af and people (even me) have been focusing on that. Hopefully once summer starts we see 300+ daily and can build up more as we reset things and work hard.
Ha, will you add purges again? I remember that a few people left because they got removed.

Hampuu

SuckAtPvP
Emerald
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Emerald
Just change host and lag and 50-100+ will come

UsedBoxMan

UsedBoxMan
UsedBoxMan

I have been playing for a long time, I was here when we reached 900+ and seeing the server go from 600 daily to 200 really makes me sad, but this quote right here makes me really have hope for the server.

Parroting_Is_God

10000000000000cc
10000000000000cc
well you see there once was a man named welshalex that drained the life out of the high era skycade.

pipecek

pipecek
pipecek
I have been playing for a long time, I was here when we reached 900+ and seeing the server go from 600 daily to 200 really makes me sad, but this quote right here makes me really have hope for the server.
The highest I reached was 700/800+