Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne

Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator
dwayneh
dwayneh
Yes, we are still alive!

It's been a while since there has been an announcement or any update in regards to the forums. We've been through quite an episode regarding the forums, all was running fine and then poof the forums were offline. The forums are back in the air now, and should be opening to the public not long after this announcement has been published.

Why has the website of the forum been offline, and where are all the posts?

As most of you have probably noticed, the Skycade network has been having some downtime in the past 1-2 months. This downtime is due to a payment bug with our previous hosting company, OVH.

The hosting company has been having issues with sending invoices for the machines we rented to run Skycade, this became an issue when their payment system started catching up for the missing payments. Every time the payment system generated an invoice for one of the machines to catch up on payments it immediately shut it down. We called with their support department and they assured us that it would not happen again, and confirmed their system was catching up on payments, but of course, it kept happening.

After many calls and tickets, we never got a proper response about the issues we were experiencing. When their payment system shut down our website services, it did not just shut it down, it removed it permanently. Now, of course, we take backups, however for our website server (unlike our game servers) the backups were at OVH and got removed with the deletion of our web server.

This means that all forums data is lost, and we had to start up a new forum.

tl;dr Our host removed our web server and the backups with it.

New theme

Since we're starting fresh we decided to get a new theme for our forums, it's nice and clean and I hope it will make your forum experience a little better after hearing all your posts have been removed.

To register on these new forums you’ll have to use the /register command in game, we’ll post an announcement on Discord when you can start doing this.

I hope you guys can forgive me for trusting in the backups our host created for the forums, I will be making sure our backups are NOT on site but rather off-site wherein the event of data loss we're not depended on our host to retrieve backups.

PigMatt

rip skycade
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
RIP the old forums, OVH really messed up this time and there is nothing they can do to undo that.

Thank godness for a new host :D

Gold
Iron
Inoving
Inoving
Gold
took a while just gj mate

Reactions: lbe

Bcof

my heels are higher than your future
Staff member
Administrator
MVP
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Bcof
Bcof
Senior Moderator
Even though everybody lost their profiles. Forums look better than ever and it’s always good for a fresh start.

Kai

ZOR8
ZOR8
Yes, we are still alive!

It's been a while since there has been an announcement or any update in regards to the forums. We've been through quite an episode regarding the forums, all was running fine and then poof the forums were offline. The forums are back in the air now, and should be opening to the public not long after this announcement has been published.

As most of you have probably noticed, the Skycade network has been having some downtime in the past 1-2 months. This downtime is due to a payment bug with our previous hosting company, OVH.

The hosting company has been having issues with sending invoices for the machines we rented to run Skycade, this became an issue when their payment system started catching up for the missing payments. Every time the payment system generated an invoice for one of the machines to catch up on payments it immediately shut it down. We called with their support department and they assured us that it would not happen again, and confirmed their system was catching up on payments, but of course, it kept happening.

After many calls and tickets, we never got a proper response about the issues we were experiencing. When their payment system shut down our website services, it did not just shut it down, it removed it permanently. Now, of course, we take backups, however for our website server (unlike our game servers) the backups were at OVH and got removed with the deletion of our web server.

New theme

Since we're starting fresh we decided to get a new theme for our forums, it's nice and clean and I hope it will make your forum experience a little better after hearing all your posts have been removed.

To register on these new forums you’ll have to use the /register command in game, we’ll post an announcement on Discord when you can start doing this.

I hope you guys can forgive me for trusting in the backups our host created for the forums, I will be making sure our backups are NOT on site but rather off-site wherein the event of data loss we're not depended on our host to retrieve backups.
s/o to my old follwers, follow me back bb's <3

KuKIE

Kukie
Kukie
Oh the joys of hosting, glad to see you got things running again.

TheCryptic

3rd time’s the charm
Staff member
Senior Moderator
TheCryptic
TheCryptic
Senior Moderator
Tbh it isn't that bad because the new forum looks amazing and we finally have normal emojis and not the creepy looking old ones :unsure:

Moon

Diamond
fellow_hooman
fellow_hooman
Diamond
Yes, we are still alive!

New theme

Its been awhile! But Im happy its back! it looks awesome btw!

spoopannah

Emerald
Diamond
spoopannah
spoopannah
Emerald
the new forums look so nice tho!
kinda glad we get a fresh start and all get to be a bit more even

Lady_Shadow

Charlotte <3
Diamond
vOlivia
vOlivia
Diamond
Hmm tbh I like the new forums better then the old ones :)

Edou_

I build stuff
Diamond
Edou_
Edou_
Diamond
the new forums are much better....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.