What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why does everyone want a smp reset?

Bubble1118

🏳️‍🌈its pride months kiddos🏳️‍🌈
Diamond
Gold
Bwbble
Bwbble
Diamond
-scoffs- get in line boi
*i've got a select 7 people so far and im just narrowing it down :> *
bUt i cAlLeD dIbs
but really i dont wanna reset

Sombu

Love yourself
Diamond
Iron
Arcux
Arcux
Diamond
Definitely gotta agree. I had to travel about 20k blocks out just to find a good area. Seems the edges of the world are mainly untouched.

erhip

Im definitely hip.
Staff member
MVP
Diamond
erhip
erhip
To start this off, I'd like to clarify that Skycade SMP is over a year old now. Thousands of users have played SMP, and the economy and overworld, in my opinion, is in desperate need of a reset.

There are many beneficial rewards that can result in an SMP reset. First of all, a reset will put everyone at the same level. SMP to me felt like just going to profit-shops, buying items in player-made shops, and just building some stuff. I've done pretty much a lot on SMP and I've only been in the community for a couple of months now.

The main aspect of SMP is survival, which wasn't a challenge for me as everything in SMP was already established by the community. There was no challenge posed, which definitely ruined some of the experience I had.

To reset and have to work all the way up is pretty exciting for me, but probably not for others. For example, I'd say for me that there is more satisfaction in working towards my goal rather than when I achieve the goal.

I'd say that it is common knowledge that SMP will be reset one day.

There are many methods that can be taken to reset SMP, and I can see how a full-reset is controversial to the SMP community, however, I still believe that simply an overworld reset (your bal and /ec stays) would be pretty beneficial to the SMP community.

Now, this is purely my opinion, and I acknowledge the fact that I do not represent the SMP community and what they believe should happen to the future of SMP.
i think if balance and enderchest stayed it would be kinda pointless as people would still be in the same scenario of the people who played this season having a big advantage over new players

MomTookMyVape

MomTookMyVape
MomTookMyVape
i think if balance and enderchest stayed it would be kinda pointless as people would still be in the same scenario of the people who played this season having a big advantage over new players
Oh yeah, definitely. The economy needs some reworking honestly.

Fishy

I'm shep's pet fish and the unofficial fish of SMP
Diamond
shepardfishy
shepardfishy
Diamond
Oh yeah, definitely. The economy needs some reworking honestly.
Personally i like having 40k shulkers bc i feel rich because i can get alot of em

Ales

Iron
_Ales
_Ales
Iron
I totally agree. I wanted to start smp but I just ending up spending 1 Hour to find a nice place that isn't claimed. Once it resets, it will be better.

Overlord_Laharl

Diamond
Laharl_Chan
Laharl_Chan
Diamond
the build world is pretty crowded. 6 months ago, when i joined SMP. i had some BIG trouble finding a build location (mostly cause /wild kept putting me in extreme hills, ocean , and player towns) so it took me 2 weeks (yes 2 weeks of crappy spots and densely built areas) before i gave up and cleared out some jungle

now this is NOT a support for a reset. i'm in support of a 2 month event.
month 0) staff generate a new build world.
month 1) users request staff to move their home to the new world. and staff do it as requested. then users can access their builds, but nothing else (so they can move their stuff and claim it.
month 2) building in the new world is now enabled/allowed, the old build world is purged. where looting is enabled. claims are disabled and deleted. but unlike the factions purge hacks are not allowed.

Joostagram

has too many tattoos
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Builder
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
Senior Moderator
A reset has been in the works for a couple months now, but the plugins we want for 1.13 are not stable which is why it is delayed.
I do agree that because of some recent events the economy has been hurt, but we're not letting SMP behind :)