What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why faking evidence is easy

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
Hello today I want to show all of you how easy it is to fake evidence. Now I have a history with faking evidence cause I used to do it on invadedlands, actually got some dudes banned. Anyway this is an ss i faked today to demonstrate
2019-08-14_14.06.42.png
Now imangine this: Me and hornet are dueling on skycade and before we start I joke around and I told him hes bad and I made him respond with "kys" which isn't to nice. Anyway the thing is that everything looks real the same kit the same suffix hornet had the time that day and what kit we dueled with and even what arena we used was all today and in the same hour. Now to back it up I can show my logs and show what time the 1v1 took place and I can even edit the time displayed. The thing is if I pulled this off at the right time hornet would get muted. And this took me legit 20 mins to do. The reason I choose arena cause its a 1v1 and people tend to get more toxic. Also there is no scoreboard to that I have to paste in (even thought I can add one).

Ok now imma tell how I did it. I started by dueling hornet and I took a copy of the arena we used with schem, I pasted in that arena on my private server. Then I used command blocks to display the chat in the same colour and everything. And the last thing I did was to add a hornet405 npc with the same skin. Do all that at once and presto you got a fake ss. Now I could make this one look way more real but that would take hours and mess up the time when hornet was on and who talked in chat and hornet could prove it in his chat logs time. Anyway that's all and good bye! OR WAS IT A FAKE SS?

Edit: Here is an imgur verision of the ss to see more clearly https://imgur.com/a/VnDPdp5.

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
The "y" in kys is ever so slightly outside the chatbox so that's how you can tell it's fake

(well it looks to me like it's outside the chatbox maybe I'm blind idk)
edit: i highlighted what i mean
20190814_140504.jpg

EditedKB

EditedKB
EditedKB
The "y" in kys is ever so slightly outside the chatbox so that's how you can tell it's fake

View attachment 15195
it's a resource pack font so it could be that the resource pack is just misaligned ever so slightly

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon

View attachment 15195
Yes but that is my mc chat font, also the chat was output by a commandblocks in real time no photoshop, also I don't se it outside the box.

Xechro

25/7/19 was a good day ❤️ | Xechro#6277
Diamond
Gold
Xechro
Xechro
Diamond
ok then fair enough otherwise it looks pretty realistic.

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
I don't think a staff member would be like "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the y is slightly out of the box"

Beaverman1

I'm like FitMC, But for SkyCade
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
well this is something to think about as a staff member

Centurion

A D M I N
Staff member
Administrator
Centurion
Centurion
Admininistrator
I think you guys are forgetting that we have logs of our own that we can check if there is suspicion of faking evidence.

JasonN

💎 iiIcy 💎
Diamond
Iron
iiIcy
iiIcy
Diamond
I think you guys are forgetting that we have logs of our own that we can check if there is suspicion of faking evidence.
Lol idk why you think that faking evidence is easy Salmon when they can legit check the logs...

Salmon

PrinceSalmon
PrinceSalmon
Yes but do the staff check the logs for EVERY SINGLE report on forums. I could make evidence so real they woudlnt bat an eye.

ItzNoah

yeehaw
Staff member
Diamond
Gold
ItzNoah
ItzNoah
Yes but do the staff check the logs for EVERY SINGLE report on forums. I could make evidence so real they woudlnt bat an eye.
If the person appeals saying it's fake, it would be easy to check, and the person who faked the evidence would get banned instead.

Orange

Alex (Quit)
Diamond
OrangeArrow
OrangeArrow
Diamond
You do realize someone faking evidence isn't the end of the world right? All you have to do is call out the person that faked the evidence and include it in your appeal...

Joostagram

has too many tattoos
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Builder
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
Senior Moderator
Once someone faked a screenshot like this, we checked logs and in 2 minutes we could debunk it. So not smart.