What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why have you or have you not donated on Skycade? [Expiriment/Poll for Skycade Weekly]

Have you donated on Skycade?

• Yes, $5 or under.

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Yes, $10 or under.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Yes, $50 or under.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Yes, $70 or under.

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Yes, $100 or more.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • No, I have not, but I plan to.

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • No, I have not, and I don't plan to.

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
Hey guys! I personally have donated around $20 on Skycade, and I plan to donate more eventually. I am aware that lots of people have donated on Skycade, and I'm wondering how many people have donated, the ratio of non-donors to donors, and the reasoning for both of these choices. If you are interested in being part of this experiment, please answer the poll, and then leave a comment below with the reason for your choice to either donate or not donate. Thank you for taking part in this poll, some of the more interesting answers may be featured in next weeks issue of Skycade Weekly. Thank you!

Idk if this counts but I've bought stuff off of the store. Thats not exactly donating tho.

MisterSkyi

Diamond
First I love cosmetics, In fact, I adore them. Supporting the server is also another bonus.

Since I primarily play op factions the only benefit I would receive from a rank would be the AFK bypass , so I've never been too interested in getting a global rank however the colored names is something ive considered buying before. Since Skycade isn't pay2win I imagine its really difficult to incentivize players to buy ranks. Currently I've given no money to the server.

EvilDunk

Killer of GoodDunk
Diamond
I bought diamond one because it was on 75% sale, two I didnt want jack to have to get a job (XD), and three gotta love the cosmetics :p

First I love cosmetics, In fact, I adore them. Supporting the server is also another bonus.
That is the exact reason I donated, I wanted to help out the server so it can keep running for much longer.

i dont see the need to, because skycade isnt p2w there's nothing that i'd want to buy. i dont like buying stuff in p2w servers anyway but on skycade, i just dont see the need. i can see why some people might want to buy a coloured name to make their name look prettier, but personally, its fine just how it is so im not bothered.

Since I primarily play op factions the only benefit I would receive from a rank would be the AFK bypass , so I've never been too interested in getting a global rank however the colored names is something ive considered buying before. Since Skycade isn't pay2win I imagine its really difficult to incentivize players to buy ranks. Currently I've given no money to the server.
i dont see the need to, because skycade isnt p2w there's nothing that i'd want to buy. i dont like buying stuff in p2w servers anyway but on skycade, i just dont see the need. i can see why some people might want to buy a coloured name to make their name look prettier, but personally, its fine just how it is so im not bothered.
I understand that reasoning for not purchasing anything, however, I feel that there are two and a half main reasons that people do decide to purchase items from the store. First off, people choose to purchase items like name tags, suffixes, and ranks simply for the cosmetic reason, so they look cooler in chat (and possibly in-game if they use /glow or disguises.) The second half of that first reason is that some people want the cosmetic items you can buy on the store simply so they can be noticed and recognized easier in chat. On the other hand, I think the second most popular reason people purchase items is simply to support the server, to keep it running.
I bought diamond one because it was on 75% sale, two I didnt want jack to have to get a job (XD), and three gotta love the cosmetics :p
I'm waiting for one of those legendary big sales to get Diamond and a few other things, It'll happen one day, I promise :p

Exwotic

ikik i have no purchases but whats the point in getting a name tag for idk 7 bucks or a role for 40 the thing is, its just a cosmetic. it doesnt affect how you play you still play the game normally. so i would like to buy something but there wouldnt really be a point (OPINION)

DominusSimo

Well said, I personally believe that the urge and incentive to buy a rank is less however this is what makes the majority of the community so pure. Non pay2win really is this best model for all servers if they want a sustainable community.

Well said, I personally believe that the urge and incentive to buy a rank is less however this is what makes the majority of the community so pure. Non pay2win really is this best model for all servers if they want a sustainable community.
Absolutely agree, I think you just explained what I was attempting to say in my response in a more clear way, thank you :D

I'm just planning to buy all of the cosmetics which is a lot of money but it's worth it in my opinion. Before this server connected with EvoPvP, I spent £380 on a rank which was pretty stupid tbf.... I really shouldn't have done that. That was when it was pay 2 win. Thanks for letting me share! :D

I'm just planning to buy all of the cosmetics which is a lot of money but it's worth it in my opinion. Before this server connected with EvoPvP, I spent £380 on a rank which was pretty stupid tbf.... I really shouldn't have done that. That was when it was pay 2 win. Thanks for letting me share! :D
No problem, thank you so much for sharing! I'm glad to hear you'll be supporting the server!

thom

Lucifer⛥
Diamond
i mean tbh i did plan on buying diamond rank and paying for it but the store glitched and i got it for free. im not complaining \o/

alex knows before u minimods report

Who spends money on a block game anyways lol

I've donated around $20, 3 suffixes and before the EULA compliance, 10 Mystery Keys.

Joostagram

mød
Diamond
I remember being on the limit of 300 spent per month on store once looooool