K
Y
C
A
D
E
.net
???

Why in the world are ban appeals public??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merci

Well for life gives you lemmons
Emerald
Diamond
BaldGurlMerci
BaldGurlMerci
Emerald
I disagree with the majority of this post, as ban appeals are not supposed nor generally used as a rule base for new players. If new players want to see the rules they can go to the rule section, which is far easier and cleaner to access instead of looking through appeals of people going, "I was using KA I am sorry". I also disagree with your point of, "there isn't really a reason why they shouldn't be privatised". There can be and are multiple reasons why people do not want there appeal visible, such as not wanting people to see that their banned, just not actually wanting to people to see your appeal, and a lot more. You also mention that they "shouldn't have done somthing wrong in the first place." You do realize that there are also false bans, and that not everyone that is banned is actually fairly banned.

That also helps my point, not everyone wants their "idiotic" appeal to be public. Servers like Invadedlands have appeals private on their forums, and I highly agree with that choice, as I personally agree that appeals should never be public.
if they want there appeals to be privatised, then they can do it over Discord

Merci

Emerald
Diamond
BaldGurlMerci
BaldGurlMerci
Emerald

Naviwinn

Naviwinn
Naviwinn
Then reply in a conversation with a mod to in forums. Not hard
And yet making appeals private would solve this issue and others, please read what I said first.

BritBout

The short one
Emerald
Diamond
BritBout
BritBout
Emerald
Appeals don't have to be public. You're always able to appeal to a staff member in DMs. As for reports, they have to go on the forums so other staff members are able to find the report that has gotten someone muted. There area few exceptions to that though, but very few

hetti301

You're AWESOME
Emerald
Diamond
Hetti_trash
Hetti_trash
Emerald
Ok that's fair, my mistake.

I would disagree, not everyone has discord and would like their appeal to be public. Most servers I have gone to have private appeals, and player reports private too. I do not think people should have perms to see ban appeals, as really not everyone wants their appeal to be public, with or without a response. While your point of just sending it through discord can happen, not everyone has/or has access to discord. What if they were banned? Or what if they simply don't have it and don't want to get it or not allowed to? What would they do then? And with player reports, I believe those also should be private, and can see why people would want private appeals. What if you make a player report for a well known member, and some people start to annoy you via discord or forums for reporting the player? What if the person they reported wanted revenge and forged evidence to get them banned for reporting them? Of course you can still send player reports via discord, but what if (As I said above) didn't have it? Or possibly not allowed to get it or banned? Making reports private would solve those issues.
make a discord account it takes 5 seconds lol

Merci

Emerald
Diamond
BaldGurlMerci
BaldGurlMerci
Emerald
And yet making appeals private would solve this issue and others, please read what I said first.
Notany people wish for there appeals to be privatised. If they didn't want to appeal in the first place, then they shouldn't have done anything wrong. In some way, you can put this as a consequence. However, there are the options to privatise your appeals and that's all that is needed.

DylanLewis

DylanBunnyZoom
DylanBunnyZoom
You can also do /report ( Username ) ^

Imtomo1234

Diamond
Gold
Iron
Imtomo1234
Imtomo1234
Diamond
Phones aren't really that bad tho... coming from a phone user.

Blockified

Blockyfied
Blockyfied
I don't understand why you don't want the appeals and reports to be public, please explain.

Last edited:

A1xx

A1xx
A1xx
lmao ur just making this thread so i cant laugh at the "im so sorry pls unban" threads

Naviwinn

Naviwinn
Naviwinn
I don't understand why you don't want the appeals and reports to be public, please explain.
I have already explained, and I also agree with this statement from a admin in a different server;

"personal information is often provided in ban appeals. There is also no reason why random players should be able to see others appeals. Many servers have things like ban appeals private for a reason."

That along with other reasons, which I already have mentioned.

PigMatt

poGMATat
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
I have already explained, and I also agree with this statement from a admin in a different server;

"personal information is often provided in ban appeals. There is also no reason why random players should be able to see others appeals. Many servers have things like ban appeals private for a reason."

That along with other reasons, which I already have mentioned.
Skycade ban appeals clearly aren’t the same as other servers because they are basically:
- I admit I’m sorry
- it’s a false ban

Naviwinn

Naviwinn
Naviwinn
Skycade ban appeals clearly aren’t the same as other servers because they are basically:
- I admit I’m sorry
- it’s a false ban
While I admit that they are different, that still doesn't change the fact.

Last edited:

TrySimple

Mod
Staff member
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
I should say this, if you’re able to make threads or have a forums account then you can dm in a conversation privately and if you don’t have a forums account the only choice is to privately appeal in discord DMs, what you’re saying is something that applies only players who’ve made forums accounts while staff tell you that you cna indeed make a private conversation on the forums.

if you don’t have forums or discord then you should consider that you can create a discord account for free and don’t even need to download it, if you can’t use anything then idk how you own Minecraft at this point because it requires you to fill out information

don’t be that guy who keeps saying different reasons as why we should change an entire system because some of the appeals are public and yes I say some as we do get quite a bit on discord

Naviwinn

Naviwinn
Naviwinn
I should say this, if you’re able to make threads or have a forums account then you can dm in a conversation privately and if you don’t have a forums account the only choice is to privately appeal in discord DMs, what you’re saying is something that applies only players who’ve made forums accounts while staff tell you that you cna indeed make a private conversation on the forums.

if you don’t have forums or discord then you should consider that you can create a discord account for free and don’t even need to download it, if you can’t use anything then idk how you own Minecraft at this point because it requires you to fill out information

don’t be that guy who keeps saying different reasons as why we should change an entire system because some of the appeals are public and yes I say some as we do get quite a bit on discord
I'm not trying to change your system, I simply made this to see what reasons you have to make it public.

Fair point, but you fail to recognize my other points.

Coke

Diamond
CokeFromJapan
CokeFromJapan
Diamond
Why in the world are ban appeals public?? Staff apps are too? You can see player reports? Can someone explain why? I mean like, bug reports are fine, but staff apps and ban appeals??? Why???
u want to make a report on somebody but u don’t want them to see?

GodPain

SkycadeKitpvp
SkycadeKitpvp

BritBout

The short one
Emerald
Diamond
BritBout
BritBout
Emerald
This thread is 2 weeks old and has died. Don't necropost

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.