D
E
.net
???

Why Skycade is dying.

Reblxtemp3r

ignJosh
ignJosh
Everyone has to admit, recently (for me at least) Skycade has been very dry and boring so I'm here to point out why. This thread is not intended to target specific people in any way, I'm simply suggesting and pointing things out.

Gamemode Releases & Resets

Lets start with this, factions reset was a while back and lets face it, just like the season before and the one before that.. it was shocking. From what I saw the management team looked like they had thrown it together without bug testing. There were countless bugs on the past 3 maps, many game breaking. Factions used to be the only gamemode and even when it wasn't it was still a popular one however recently it has died.. a lot. F Top payouts were also removed. On a lot of servers the main reason people play is for f top payouts and without them there isn't really any point at all to playing.

Staff

Although there has been a lot of problems and controversy with the staff team, they are overall very good. Most of the time they are quick in banning hackers, dealing with chat offences and helping players however my god they are bad with player reports and ban appeals.
Lets take an example. I was falsely banned on the 5th of this month. I made a ban appeal the next day (6th) It's now the 16th and the appeal hasn't been responded too. Now I understand that the team have to go through the person who banned me for evidence then a bunch of other crap however WelshAlex banned me. It's to my understanding that either admins+ or managers+ don't have to keep evidence.. so why the hell has it taken them 10 days almost to message alex saying "was the user hacking". This could be due to most of the staff being shit scared of the big man himself or they just can't be bothered to deal with the appeal.
Lets move onto the users who are actually recruited. I left the discord a couple of weeks ago so I can't look at new staff members however bans.skycade.net is a thing. I feel that space is getting a little lazy with apps now (or people are just being bad at applying, it could be either) as a lot of staff have just been reused. Lets take Luuk for example. He was staff on skycade a while back and is now staff again.

Comparison

Now lets take a look at what other servers do to keep their playercount active.
We're going to use a personal favourite of mine, Invadedlands. At the time of typing this Invaded is on 383 players whereas Skycade is at 298.

1. Firstly. Invaded have invested in a good anticheat (most likely made by their beloved developer TehNeon), this takes pressure off of the staff meaning they can handle other things (cough appeals cough) allowing the server to run a lot smoother.

2. Invadedlands have an active owner. Jack seems to have lost interest a lot in Minecraft and hence no longer uploads it as much as he used to. I don't blame him, after playing a game for that long I'd get bored too. Skeppy on the other hand only Uploads minecraft, not always on Invaded but more people see his channel, could see him upload on IL one day and be like "That looks like a good server, lets join" therefore gaining them a player. Jack, however, rarely uploads mc on his main. I also have to weigh in Zelkam. He may not be as big as skeppy but he sure brings players and gets views. For example. If Zelk was going to run an event (IL staff do this often) he'd mute chat, unmute and players would be excited in chat whereas if Alex was to go onto a server to do an event and mute chat then unmute, people wouldn't be as excited. This may be down to the amount of community interactivity as well. Skycade players aren't as used to events, on Invaded they have events people can host, automatic events, staff host events etc etc giving players more to do than just what's on that gamemode.

3. Invadedlands take their time. I brought this up earlier but Invadedlands rarely have bugs, they take time (sometimes months) to properly bug test and get gamemodes setup whereas it looks as if Skycade throw plugins onto a server and are like "@everyone read about release here" @everyone did you read about the release post announcement i made 2 seconds ago? no? you can read it here" "@everyone there are only 50 replies, everyone go and read the thread thanks" "@everyone read about the build competition here" (idm this one tbh)

So, yeah. Just my thoughts on why Skycade is dying. If the team can change some of these factors (not that suggestions are ever implemented) then the server might grow. Christ I can already tell how much hate I'm gonna get from this thread. Reply below, who do you think will be the first to lock the thread for a dumb reason?

Beaverman1

I make videos
Iron
Beaverman1
Beaverman1
Iron
I pleed the 5th amendment of the United States of America.

thendermanSlime

kazooduck
kazooduck
But none of this matters because they removed factions in favor of OPFactions
Lol
(In all seriousness, bringing up invaded like that is advertising, just warning you)

Reblxtemp3r

ignJosh
ignJosh
But none of this matters because they removed factions in favor of OPFactions
Lol
But they don't have f top meaning people aren't as likely (note as likely) to play as they would be on servers that do have f top

H

Hydrogeno

Some things I can at least say:
1) The FTOP payout was removed for the rest of the season due to lots of duping happening at the beggining of the season. It would make no sense to continue it at this rate and the season has ended a while ago, payout was given to relentless I think?.
2) We are not usually afraid of Alex, though it's hard to get a contact of him sometimes. Perhaps admin/manager bans are usually harder to sort out. (Not to sure about this one myself).
3) I don't think Space is slowing down. There is a tons upon tons of troll applications and most not having success. Regarding the people coming back, they just applied again and they have a high chance of coming back into the team as they perhaps did a great job on previous duty?
4) You are probably not aware of Jack's second minecraft channel: JackSucksAtMC. Not sure why he switched the content to a smaller channel, it did have a significant impact on the player count.

In terms of development, not sure how things keep coming up, such as very weird ones popping out of nowhere. I know they work on things all the time. Feel free to disagree with any points I mention, I can't be fully right.

Reblxtemp3r

ignJosh
ignJosh
You are probably not aware of Jack's second minecraft channel: JackSucksAtMC
I'm fully aware of his channel. I'm failing to understand why he didn't do mc on his main channel as that's what people subbed for then do the content he does now on his second.

PigMatt

rip skycade
Diamond
Gold
PigMatt
PigMatt
Diamond
Hello! I agree Skycade has some flaws.
Firstly, watch the language - there is multiple areas where you inappropriate language. Swearing doesn’t help the server either.

When Astro was still a player in the network, me and him posted multiple threads including some of the flaws you mentioned today. Unlike Astro and my threads, you didn’t really add suggestions.

Also, you say staff are being reused? It was his choice to apply and if space things he would make a good staff member (like he was beforehand) then he deserves to have a chance.

Just because we don’t have F TOP, doesn’t mean people don’t play. People don’t play because of the bugs. This season a lot of factions quit because of the major dupe issue.

You mention the anticheat. Taon is working on a anticheat right now with an auto ban system.

The rest of your thread is really advertising skeppy’s server. Nevertheless, here are a few quotes I’d like to add:

Lets take an example. I was falsely banned on the 5th of this month. I made a ban appeal the next day (6th) It's now the 16th and the appeal hasn't been responded too. Now I understand that the team have to go through the person who banned me for evidence then a bunch of other crap however WelshAlex banned me. It's to my understanding that either admins+ or managers+ don't have to keep evidence.. so why the hell has it taken them 10 days almost to message alex saying "was the user hacking". This could be due to most of the staff being shit scared of the big man himself or they just can't be bothered to deal with the appeal.
I highly doubt you know how active Alex is in slack and the time he takes to reply to DMs. He is a life. Staff might be scared because he does whatever he wants, but it could also be he’s busy.

"@everyone read about the build competition here" (idm this one tbh)
If you don’t mind it, why include it. The pings are not a lot. They aren’t every 2 seconds.

Reblxtemp3r

ignJosh
ignJosh
Hello! I agree Skycade has some flaws.
Firstly, watch the language - there is multiple areas where you inappropriate language. Swearing doesn’t help the server either.
Don't minimod me. Also I'm hardly advertising Invaded, I'm comparing it due to it being a better server

Reactions: _bq

DeltaBlade

PvP God
Diamond
DeltaBlade
DeltaBlade
Diamond
Some things I can at least say:
1) The FTOP payout was removed for the rest of the season due to lots of duping happening at the beggining of the season. It would make no sense to continue it at this rate and the season has ended a while ago, payout was given to relentless I think?.
2) We are not usually afraid of Alex, though it's hard to get a contact of him sometimes. Perhaps admin/manager bans are usually harder to sort out. (Not to sure about this one myself).
3) I don't think Space is slowing down. There is a tons upon tons of troll applications and most not having success. Regarding the people coming back, they just applied again and they have a high chance of coming back into the team as they perhaps did a great job on previous duty?
4) You are probably not aware of Jack's second minecraft channel: JackSucksAtMC. Not sure why he switched the content to a smaller channel, it did have a significant impact on the player count.

In terms of development, not sure how things keep coming up, such as very weird ones popping out of nowhere. I know they work on things all the time. Feel free to disagree with any points I mention, I can't be fully right.
1. lol its kinda funny how a builder on the staff team knows less about the server then most players. Payout was removed a few seasons ago due to skycade not having enough funds to pay them and it not being worth it to alex, relentless did not get any payout or prize for "winning" this season.
2. fair enough, but it shouldnt be hard to contact him over issues and how you say "We are not USUALLY afraid of alex" only confirms that part of the staff team is too afraid of alex to do anything.
3. Space has never been good at her job, its not about her slowing down with apps its the quality of people she accepts that is for the most part terrible.
4. He switched to a second channel because he dosent really care about minecraft or skycade anymore.

Don't minimod me. Also I'm hardly advertising Invaded, I'm comparing it due to it being a better server
I agree with some of what you said in your main post however i don't particularly think Invaded lands is a better server, it just has some things that skycade lacks.

You mention the anticheat. Taon is working on a anticheat right now with an auto ban system.
Yes, lately @Taon2 has been doing alot to improve the server recently like adding a new anticheat and actually listening to the community by responding to suggestions on the forums frequently. I usually say skycade is going downhill on post like this but if taon continues doing stuff like this and the other staff start acting like taon, skycade might be able to start getting better again.

H

Hydrogeno

Just to leave it there Delta. I am not supposed to know everything about Skycade, though in context of the topic, I dont really play factions, so I don't know much about it.

TrySimple

Factions Manager & Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Diamond
Iron
TrySimple
TrySimple
Senior Moderator
This is why no one listens to the players as much as we just complain but never give any suggestions, honestly I would’ve liked your thread if you actually explained instead of a comparison, because I’d like you to know, we don’t have an admin who uploads YouTube with a high sub count nor do we have active YouTubers, Jack does his own thing because it’s his channel he kinda needs money to live and if he feels skycade videos aren’t getting the money he hoped for, he pays for skycade still though and supports it whenever he does.

I’m tired atm so I’m prob not clear atm

thendermanSlime

kazooduck
kazooduck
ight if ur going with invaded, i got perm banned after saying go to skycade once, so in that case you deserve the same consequences

Hamim

Hamim_
Hamim_
It's not the staff teams fault or anyone's fault honestly they are just releasing new content to quickly and they have bugs in them. KitPvp was laggy as heck when it first released now it moved to skyblock from what I'm hearing, just way too many bugs on the server they need to properly test out the content they are releasing it. I think I remember a point where skycade had around 500-1000 players on a daily basis, part of this reason was Jack releasing a lot of videos of skycade, hacker trolling stuff like that but as stated in the post above Jack has moved on and Skycade is falling as much as I hate to say it.

P

pipecek

It's not the staff teams fault or anyone's fault honestly they are just releasing new content to quickly and they have bugs in them. KitPvp was laggy as heck when it first released now it moved to skyblock from what I'm hearing, just way too many bugs on the server they need to properly test out the content they are releasing it. I think I remember a point where skycade had around 500-1000 players on a daily basis, part of this reason was Jack releasing a lot of videos of skycade, hacker trolling stuff like that but as stated in the post above Jack has moved on and Skycade is falling as much as I hate to say it.
Taon said there will be a new anticheat.

Ioyo

Diamond
Ioyo
Ioyo
Diamond
Who has the time to write this xD
but I agree with the appeals just take a look at this photo 6095D5F0-DEFF-4624-A428-3B669A91C29D.jpegThe ones from 20min ago have been awnser but the ones from yesterday have not. Is this stupidness or biased?

Hampuu

dead server
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Diamond
Who has the time to write this xD
but I agree with the appeals just take a look at this photo View attachment 19420The ones from 20min ago have been awnser but the ones from yesterday have not. Is this stupidness or biased?
because they need the staff that banned him to give proof and talk about it a few staff is not so active and that can happend

Hampuu

dead server
Diamond
Hampuu
Hampuu
Diamond
also make 8 post like this every week will not help only make more problems, try to get together more and start a group to talk about it or something.

We are not affiliated with Mojang AB in any way. Minecraft is a copyright of Mojang AB.