What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why Skycade is failing, and how to prevent it

Deorc

Deorc
Deorc
I may be exaggerating with the title, but we all know there are problems that management ignore. This forums post will (hopefully) catch the attention of a manager and (hopefully) we'll see some changes.

So I'll first start off with the most important and crucial problem that's been hitting Skycade as a whole lately... the new host. I know the main reason why we switched from OVH and know why there needed to be a transfer to a new host, but who thought it was a great idea to choose a host located in Germany? Not only is the lag worse than it was when Skycade was using OVH, but the most players have significantly higher pings now, including me. I cannot find myself in a good/decent ping in any of Skycade's gamemodes. Admit it, we've all suffered from the new host, but we can't really do anything about it...

Some of you guys may have different opinions on this particular topic, but knowing that there's obvious favoritism going on, I can't help it. The second topic is about the Skycade staff. Some of you guys have probably never gotten a warning or a ban from the staff, but those of us do (or maybe just most of us) know how it feels like to be discriminated from the rest of the players. It gets even worse when newer staff members were recruited. Ever notice how most of them have joined Factions or any PVP-Related gamemode like a couple of times? I have. I've also noticed that MOST of the new staff come from servers that require no skill at all in regards to pvp. I ask myself everytime they ban someone, "Do they even know what's the difference between a Hacked Client and a Skilled Player?", because I definitely see no effort from the staff to see if they (the victim) is using a hacked client. I never see the staff screen-sharing a victim. Most of the time it's "Oh look a person isn't taking knockback, looks suspicious, I'll ban him/her without trying to prove it.", sometimes the victim actually uses a "Hacked Client" but then there are those people who get stuck in a glitch, and BLATANTLY saying in chat that he's glitched and can't get out. Without any other word from the staff member, he gets PERM BANNED in the first offence of hacking. It was only later when they corrected their mistake and unbanned the victim. I mean if he didn't speak up and appeal, would that mean he would be still be banned? Who knows? Me. I know. I was the one who got banned. I just feel like more effort should be put into recruiting staff members, and not blatantly picking nice players over players who have experience. They should also put more effort into gathering evidence then merely trying to "get bans". Because none of us players give a shit how many people you've banned. As long as we know that they were RIGHTFULLY banned with ACTUAL evidence, I wouldn't stress it.

I'll loosen up on the next topic... KitPVP. Even if they deny it, I don't care. Only reason why staff go on KitPVP is to get bans and move on. It's easy. I mean like, going into vanish, then into spectator mode, start recording, then ban, and leave. Did you see that? "and leave". Now it may not have been directly implied, but it's so easy to see when you play KitPVP for a decent amount of time. There's usually not any staff, and that's why people hack. They know they won't get punished until 2-3 hours when a helper gets on to get bans. Now enough talking about staff doing dumb shit, and more on the technical stuff about kitpvp. The kits are broken. I'm surprised none of the staff noticed, or even the developers and they all got butt hurt that we abused the broken kits. Like if it's bothering you, make an effort to fix it instead of banning people. Banning is not always the answer. Can we also get some repair signs around the map? It's had trying to go for a high ks when your armor breaks. Thanks. Also don't ban us for going to the top of the map. Fix it.

The last topic I'll talk about is the rules. In what server is noise pollution a 7-day ban. Mute your computer. Easy. Or atleast fix the damn Zeus kit if you're so annoyed about it. There are dumb rules that should be taken more lightly and not enforced like Hypixel. Hypixel has excuses to enforce their rules. Skycade, however does not. You're atleast 5% of a network. Don't act like a network unless you are ready to listen for what's wrong in the network. You guys have you're head in the clouds trying to be a network, but in return failing to keep a network running. Give Skycade 2-3 years max. It'll fall apart unless management decides to finally listen. Don't hope for Jack. Hope that Alex or Reece or any high ranking staff sees this, and actually does something. Because I for one am sick and tired of seeing a great community being ignored.

There are probably more problems I haven't listed, nor do I have the intentions to. I just want to see Skycade reacts to how their community thinks. I doubt they'll respond, or even do anything. If they do, give us a sign :D

Gav

Iron
oGav
oGav
Iron
I may be exaggerating with the title, but we all know there are problems that management ignore. This forums post will (hopefully) catch the attention of a manager and (hopefully) we'll see some changes.

So I'll first start off with the most important and crucial problem that's been hitting Skycade as a whole lately... the new host. I know the main reason why we switched from OVH and know why there needed to be a transfer to a new host, but who thought it was a great idea to choose a host located in Germany? Not only is the lag worse than it was when Skycade was using OVH, but the most players have significantly higher pings now, including me. I cannot find myself in a good/decent ping in any of Skycade's gamemodes. Admit it, we've all suffered from the new host, but we can't really do anything about it...

Some of you guys may have different opinions on this particular topic, but knowing that there's obvious favoritism going on, I can't help it. The second topic is about the Skycade staff. Some of you guys have probably never gotten a warning or a ban from the staff, but those of us do (or maybe just most of us) know how it feels like to be discriminated from the rest of the players. It gets even worse when newer staff members were recruited. Ever notice how most of them have joined Factions or any PVP-Related gamemode like a couple of times? I have. I've also noticed that MOST of the new staff come from servers that require no skill at all in regards to pvp. I ask myself everytime they ban someone, "Do they even know what's the difference between a Hacked Client and a Skilled Player?", because I definitely see no effort from the staff to see if they (the victim) is using a hacked client. I never see the staff screen-sharing a victim. Most of the time it's "Oh look a person isn't taking knockback, looks suspicious, I'll ban him/her without trying to prove it.", sometimes the victim actually uses a "Hacked Client" but then there are those people who get stuck in a glitch, and BLATANTLY saying in chat that he's glitched and can't get out. Without any other word from the staff member, he gets PERM BANNED in the first offence of hacking. It was only later when they corrected their mistake and unbanned the victim. I mean if he didn't speak up and appeal, would that mean he would be still be banned? Who knows? Me. I know. I was the one who got banned. I just feel like more effort should be put into recruiting staff members, and not blatantly picking nice players over players who have experience. They should also put more effort into gathering evidence then merely trying to "get bans". Because none of us players give a shit how many people you've banned. As long as we know that they were RIGHTFULLY banned with ACTUAL evidence, I wouldn't stress it.

I'll loosen up on the next topic... KitPVP. Even if they deny it, I don't care. Only reason why staff go on KitPVP is to get bans and move on. It's easy. I mean like, going into vanish, then into spectator mode, start recording, then ban, and leave. Did you see that? "and leave". Now it may not have been directly implied, but it's so easy to see when you play KitPVP for a decent amount of time. There's usually not any staff, and that's why people hack. They know they won't get punished until 2-3 hours when a helper gets on to get bans. Now enough talking about staff doing dumb shit, and more on the technical stuff about kitpvp. The kits are broken. I'm surprised none of the staff noticed, or even the developers and they all got butt hurt that we abused the broken kits. Like if it's bothering you, make an effort to fix it instead of banning people. Banning is not always the answer. Can we also get some repair signs around the map? It's had trying to go for a high ks when your armor breaks. Thanks. Also don't ban us for going to the top of the map. Fix it.

The last topic I'll talk about is the rules. In what server is noise pollution a 7-day ban. Mute your computer. Easy. Or atleast fix the damn Zeus kit if you're so annoyed about it. There are dumb rules that should be taken more lightly and not enforced like Hypixel. Hypixel has excuses to enforce their rules. Skycade, however does not. You're atleast 5% of a network. Don't act like a network unless you are ready to listen for what's wrong in the network. You guys have you're head in the clouds trying to be a network, but in return failing to keep a network running. Give Skycade 2-3 years max. It'll fall apart unless management decides to finally listen. Don't hope for Jack. Hope that Alex or Reece or any high ranking staff sees this, and actually does something. Because I for one am sick and tired of seeing a great community being ignored.

There are probably more problems I haven't listed, nor do I have the intentions to. I just want to see Skycade reacts to how their community thinks. I doubt they'll respond, or even do anything. If they do, give us a sign :D
Alright, all of those are good points but you only said 3 bad things man. There is creative which is active and a fun gamemode, no issue with that and its not falling apart, theres skyblock servers, no issues with them and they're not falling apart, and last of all SMP, that's again. Active and fun gamemode for some and it is NOT falling apart, so the server will not fall apart for a good good while.

Also, lots staff such as Fallen_Elysian, spoopybunny and DominusPlays (few of many people I can list) go on KitPVP for fun not just for easy bans, I mean some people do go on there for easy bans of course but some staff actually enjoy the gamemode and play it for hours even if they have no PvP experience, I've got to say, I know some staff who aren't the best at pvp but they get some fair bans, then theres some staff who ban the most known members for killaura *cough* L
but besides that the staff team currently is pretty good, of course it's clearly not at the best point anymore like it was a few seasons ago where all the staff knew eachother and there was barely any drama between them and if there was they'd be demoted for it.

Higher ups in the staff team are honestly trying to fix the server and you can see it, maybe they're lazy at some points but they have tried a ton to fix the server and its easily noticeable, they have done some clear screw ups like changing the host to Germany and I completely agree with your points on that but they are trying.

Nothing to say about the bans though, other than noise pollution is a dumb ban reason.

Birthdate

Birthdate
Birthdate
they're still gaining more players then losing so the odds are pretty good rn so I wouldn't say "failing" but rather say "why Skycade is annoying"

Bozo

CaptBozo
CaptBozo
Alright, all of those are good points but you only said 3 bad things man. There is creative which is active and a fun gamemode, no issue with that and its not falling apart, theres skyblock servers, no issues with them and they're not falling apart, and last of all SMP, that's again. Active and fun gamemode for some and it is NOT falling apart, so the server will not fall apart for a good good while.

Also, lots staff such as Fallen_Elysian, spoopybunny and DominusPlays (few of many people I can list) go on KitPVP for fun not just for easy bans, I mean some people do go on there for easy bans of course but some staff actually enjoy the gamemode and play it for hours even if they have no PvP experience, I've got to say, I know some staff who aren't the best at pvp but they get some fair bans, then theres some staff who ban the most known members for killaura *cough* L
but besides that the staff team currently is pretty good, of course it's clearly not at the best point anymore like it was a few seasons ago where all the staff knew eachother and there was barely any drama between them and if there was they'd be demoted for it.

Higher ups in the staff team are honestly trying to fix the server and you can see it, maybe they're lazy at some points but they have tried a ton to fix the server and its easily noticeable, they have done some clear screw ups like changing the host to Germany and I completely agree with your points on that but they are trying.

Nothing to say about the bans though, other than noise pollution is a dumb ban reason.
I would have my own opinion but it's pretty much everything Gav said so yeah

Also Creative is bae

NoSkill

NoSkillRequired
NoSkillRequired
I'll loosen up on the next topic... KitPVP. Even if they deny it, I don't care. Only reason why staff go on KitPVP is to get bans and move on.
There's usually not any staff, and that's why people hack. They know they won't get punished until 2-3 hours when a helper gets on to get bans.
Why complain about staff moderating kitpvp then complain about staff not moderating kitpvp?

The kits are broken. I'm surprised none of the staff noticed, or even the developers and they all got butt hurt that we abused the broken kits.
I have noticed it and even brought it up in a previous post (which they deleted the thread )

Perhaps instead of nerfing strafe they could buff the weaker more unused kits to possibly break the meta of dubstep / strafe. You also have to think that of the 53 kits there are; how many are actually used?
The last topic I'll talk about is the rules. In what server is noise pollution a 7-day ban. Mute your computer. Easy.
Or don't noise pollute?

I see why you bring this up though

he gets PERM BANNED in the first offence of hacking
Possibly not intentional, but if you have an example (which isn't already fixed feel free to tell me!

They should also put more effort into gathering evidence then merely trying to "get bans". Because none of us players give a shit how many people you've banned. As long as we know that they were RIGHTFULLY banned with ACTUAL evidence
If you or someone you know has an issue with a ban then feel free to DM me on discord or make an appeal on the forums and we will review it!

Some of you guys have probably never gotten a warning or a ban from the staff, but those of us do (or maybe just most of us) know how it feels like to be discriminated from the rest of the players.
If someone has a history of breaking rules then it's logical to expect them to reoffend more, but I don't go by "guilty untill proven innocent".

I'll ban him/her without trying to prove it.
This never happens. Also helpers send their evidence to their mentors.
all proof now
helper days

Last edited:

SkillsPlays

SkillsPlays
SkillsPlays
I don't really think it's failing at all. We've still got a good player count and we still gain players. I also don't think the management is failing because of the aforementioned, even if they do the things you listed.

Joostagram

mød
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
So... you're complaining that when we moderate kitpvp and ban all the hackers, no more hackers, we leave the gamemode? Yeah because we're going to sit in a gamemode, doing nothing and waiting for a hacker to show up, that's logic there.

Moderating servers is going through all the servers, again and again, and again. Going on kit, banning hackers then moving on to another server and tp'ing to all the players (yes every player) to check on them and then doing it again.

I'm not sure what you're on about the evidence, but we don't ban without evidence and we are asked to keep it for 14 days, a ban doesn't happen without evidence so saying we ban left and right without proof is just nonsense. I upload all my bans on my YouTube, as unlisted and all helpers, mods and sr mods are asked to do the same, if we don't get evidence for our punishments we get in trouble, some footage might corrupt some times but 99% of the time, there is evidence. It could be insufficient or not, but there is evidence. And when we are unsure about an evidence, we ask around in our team to get opinions.

1534136939168.png

The reason most of us don't go on kitpvp as often is that we get targeted, a lot, which is why some of us use alts to play it, like I do. I'm on there more often than people think but that's because it's an alt and I don't say it's me because I want to play in peace.

Each server has rules, complaining about it is just silly and it's not like people have never been banned for Noise Pollution and that you are the only one who got banned for it. Just look at the rules and don't do things that will get you banned, and if you don't know about what a punishment is, just ask a staff member and we'll explain it to you.

I appreciate that you give your opinion on things, but please be more informed before claiming things which are false.

danielpmc

danielpmc
danielpmc

i get better ping with the host. ovh was bad even i used ovh and stopped a while ago because of how bad they are. the host they use now is quite good.

Frantic

rhizzleydc
rhizzleydc
Admit it, we've all suffered from the new host
Can the complaining about this host please stop. I didn't hear EU or AU players complaining like people are now when the host was in Canada despite the fact it wasn't great for us. Remember AU players have it really bad in every scenario, yet I hear minimal complaining from them because they expect it. The difference in connection for US players is literally like 60ms now which is in no way game-breaking, EU and AU players had to deal with it before. The roles now reverse and its suddenly the end of the world. There's ultimately no way you can 100% satisfy everyone with a server host so there's no need to complain about it.

Some of you guys may have different opinions on this particular topic, but knowing that there's obvious favouritism going on, I can't help it. The second topic is about the Skycade staff. Some of you guys have probably never gotten a warning or a ban from the staff, but those of us do (or maybe just most of us) know how it feels like to be discriminated from the rest of the players. It gets even worse when newer staff members were recruited. Ever notice how most of them have joined Factions or any PVP-Related gamemode like a couple of times? I have. I've also noticed that MOST of the new staff come from servers that require no skill at all in regards to pvp. I ask myself everytime they ban someone, "Do they even know what's the difference between a Hacked Client and a Skilled Player?",
I had an issue once with someone getting suspiciously unbanned after being banned for what appeared to be clear cheating. But that was the one and only occurrence I've experienced since I joined this server. Staff do make mistakes with punishments. I've been there in the past with one of my bans which I felt was unfair. I appealed and got it lifted. The staff aren't perfect newer staff especially and mistakes occur, and when they do, there's no need to get frustrated, just appeal and get it resolved. The staff team currently is a lot better than it used to be a while ago imo.

Only reason why staff go on KitPVP is to get bans and move on. It's easy. I mean like, going into vanish, then into spectator mode, start recording, then ban, and leave. Did you see that? "and leave".
Couldn't be more wrong really. Literally all the staff I see don't sit in vanish all the time and are enjoying the game + communicating with the players, as well as actively looking for rule breakers. The work they do often goes unnoticed. A great example of this is @Fallen . Always communicating, listens and acts on concerns, is good at the game, knows what to look for in cheaters and has fun.

There's usually not any staff, and that's why people hack. They know they won't get punished until 2-3 hours when a helper gets on to get bans.
Staff are on almost constantly now. This issue has improved greatly in the past few months. For this reason hackers don't last a great deal of time, sometimes less than 5 minutes.
This process: (hacker joins -> player notices them cheating -> informs staff online -> checks -> bans) is now a lot more efficient than it used to be so I have to disagree with you again.

The kits are broken.
Here's my view of this. There's three groups of kits. Fun kits (eg. Jumper), counter kits (eg. Hydra), and meta kits (eg. Dubstep). I'd say the main meta kits are dubstep, strafe, knight and tank. All 4 have strengths and weaknesses, and aren't broken in my opinion. Yes there's perhaps a lot of 'useless' kits, but not every kit is going to be a solid choice to fight decent soup pvpers with. Perhaps if you feel a kit is unbalanced the person using it is simply really good at using it effectively, or you aren't trying hard enough to counter its strengths.

Can we also get some repair signs around the map? It's had trying to go for a high ks when your armor breaks.
No need. Use a kit like strafe or gank which doesn't have armour durability to worry about. Don't just run into groups of people because you'll instantly die. Pick off weak players, stay around the edge of battles. This is the easiest way to get decent kill streaks.
Even in a leather armoured kits its possible. In hydra I can get kill streaks of 30+ regularly.

Some of these claims have a small amount of substance but a lot of it is nonsense, especially about the kitpvp server.
Would you believe it, the server is prospering even with this world-ending server host and staff who supposedly ban who they like!! o_O

Cube

Cube
Cube
B I G E S S A Y I N B O U N D
I may be exaggerating with the title
Definitely - quantitatively, Skycade is the opposite of failing.

Some of you guys have probably never gotten a warning or a ban from the staff, but those of us do (or maybe just most of us) know how it feels like to be discriminated from the rest of the players.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you being discriminated against because you were banned or are you saying you were banned because the staff discriminated against you? Either way, this is presupposing the question.

It gets even worse when newer staff members were recruited. Ever notice how most of them have joined Factions or any PVP-Related gamemode like a couple of times? I have. I've also noticed that MOST of the new staff come from servers that require no skill at all in regards to pvp. I ask myself everytime they ban someone, "Do they even know what's the difference between a Hacked Client and a Skilled Player?"
It's ironic you brought up discrimination, because this statement is literally discriminating. Of course, discrimination isn't always a bad thing - we do it every day - but there's no grounds to this. All new staff members have to record evidence, so anyone who appeals will get a fair response and will see what they're banned for. Assuming the staff team is ignorant is in itself pretty ignorant.

I never see the staff screen-sharing a victim. Most of the time it's "Oh look a person isn't taking knockback, looks suspicious, I'll ban him/her without trying to prove it."
I've gone over the whole screensharing babble in old threads - it's just not landable or feasible for Skycade. 1v1 servers that do screenshare support that method of moderation very well, because there's little else for their staff members to do anyway. Across Skycade's many gamemodes (where hackers can range from xrayers, to autoclickers, to derp users, to bhopping) screensharing will become to varied and complex.

You've also got to account for our younger demographic - while places like Velt have a relatively older playerbase, usually in their mid to late teens, I'd estimate Skycade's average player to be twelve or thirteen at most. Unless you've actually screenshared people on a staff team, I doubt you really know how much effort goes into the process. On previous threads, people have suggested using screenshare tools - this is a terrible idea. Most tools are poorly coded, outdated, miss key places you should search, or are flat out viruses. People who use screenshare tools often don't know what they're doing outside using the tool, so there's no way they can be used effectively. Overall, tools are not a viable option.

Previously, I have been staff on servers similar to Skycade and have instigated screensharing on those servers. It failed massively. Each screenshare took between thirty minutes and an hour on average because, in contrast to 1v1 servers, the majority of Skycade players don't have join.me/Teamviewer etc, and don't know how to use it. Moreover, with such a low average age it wouldn't be unfair to assume many players are using a family computer - I know when I used my family computer to play, my parents would never have allowed some random person on the internet to browse my files.

In summary, screensharing could never be a viable solution for Skycade, because our playerbase is inherently very different to those of servers who can successfully screenshare.

Also, why on earth would anyone screenshare for anti-kb? I know you're suggesting that people are being banned for the glitch where they get stuck in place, but that's not too hard to notice once you know that it exists. If we screenshared every single anti-kb user, there would be hundreds of hackers that would never be banned, because we'd be too inefficient.

Without any other word from the staff member, he gets PERM BANNED in the first offence of hacking. It was only later when they corrected their mistake and unbanned the victim. I mean if he didn't speak up and appeal, would that mean he would be still be banned?
This is clearly an isolated incident. We rarely make this mistake, and it was clearly quickly rectified. That's the whole point of the appealing process.

I just feel like more effort should be put into recruiting staff members, and not blatantly picking nice players over players who have experience.
Again, this presupposes that the selection process does not account for experience, which is false.

They should also put more effort into gathering evidence then merely trying to "get bans". Because none of us players give a shit how many people you've banned. As long as we know that they were RIGHTFULLY banned with ACTUAL evidence, I wouldn't stress it.
We have quite explicit guidelines on what is sufficient evidence and what isn't. In case you were unaware, we need clear evidence of the infraction before we can ban, which is defined differently for different punishments - for example, for malicious hacking; "Evidence must be video proof clearly depicting the hack, and the video must be over 30 seconds long unless absolutely clear (fly, bhop, blatant killaura)."

Only reason why staff go on KitPVP is to get bans and move on.
Keep in mind you said this for the next comment.

There's usually not any staff, and that's why people hack.
How can you say that staff are only on KitPVP to get bans and then instantly double back and contradict yourself by saying we're not online on KitPVP? It seems recently that people think I'm inactive, but I'd like to point out that the majority of my online time is spent silent, in vanish, on KitPVP. When it's clear, I usually do rounds on Factions and OP Factions looking for xrayers. It gets to the point where I can check every online player off my "could be hacking list" and there's no point being there because I'm not going to PVP - how can you complain about this kind of method?

The kits are broken. I'm surprised none of the staff noticed, or even the developers and they all got butt hurt that we abused the broken kits. Like if it's bothering you, make an effort to fix it instead of banning people. Banning is not always the answer.
I'm not sure what your line of argument is here - do you mean they are unbalanced or literally broken? If you're saying they're unbalanced, I agree with you - they should be reworked somewhat, although I have no problems with some kits being better than others; that's the whole point, after all.

The second part of this point is about the mixing kits bug. First of all, you're delusional if you think you don't deserve to be punished for intentionally abusing an issue within the gamemode that you know full well isn't meant to be abused. There have been efforts made to fix the issue, and it's still being worked on. This doesn't mean you're allowed to abuse glitches in the meantime. If you intentionally merge your kits, you deserve the ban length you're given.

Can we also get some repair signs around the map? It's had trying to go for a high ks when your armor breaks. Thanks. Also don't ban us for going to the top of the map. Fix it.
I don't think repair signs are a good idea. Having armour break adds to how impressive it is when someone gets a high killstreak; it takes more skill as time goes on. With /soup and repair signs, gameplay would become defensive, stale, repetitive, and less risky. All of these things would be real detriments to KitPVP's meta.

The last topic I'll talk about is the rules. In what server is noise pollution a 7-day ban. Mute your computer. Easy.
I can't name a single server that doesn't ban for noise pollution. Your solution to someone doing the sound equivalent of spamming chat, which prevents people from listening to the game, their music, sound effects and so on, is to "mute your computer"?

Sounds like that classic Tyler tweet, "How is cyberbullying even real???? just close your eyes"
(Skycade won't let me post more stay tuned 4 part 2)

Cube

Cube
Cube
p a r t 2 b a y b e
Or atleast fix the damn Zeus kit if you're so annoyed about it. There are dumb rules that should be taken more lightly and not enforced like Hypixel. Hypixel has excuses to enforce their rules. Skycade, however does not.
Errrr what? What "excuse" does Hypixel have for "enforcing their rules" that Skycade doesn't? This thread has gotten more and more inconsistent and poorly planned as it's gone on. Rules are made to be enforced, the whole point of them is so that people know what's expected of them and can expect repercussions if they don't follow them. That's their nature.

You're atleast 5% of a network. Don't act like a network unless you are ready to listen for what's wrong in the network. You guys have you're head in the clouds trying to be a network, but in return failing to keep a network running. Give Skycade 2-3 years max. It'll fall apart unless management decides to finally listen.
Is this the reason we can't enforce rules? Because we're smaller than Hypixel? Get some sleep, you're babbling.

Furthermore, if you think Hypixel is flawless when it comes to community engagement and involvement, you're flat out wrong. Go and scroll through their forums, there's plenty of people making threads just like this one about their gamemodes too - and they're often equally as misguided as you.

I just want to see Skycade reacts to how their community thinks. I doubt they'll respond, or even do anything.
False consensus effect - you are not the entire community, and it's clear from many of the responses to this thread that this isn't a widespread opinion.

Last edited:

Joostagram

mød
Diamond
Joostagram
Joostagram
p a r t 2 b a y b e

Errrr what? What "excuse" does Hypixel have for "enforcing their rules" that Skycade doesn't?
iTs A BiGgEr SeRvEr!1!!!!1

nocookies4me

Cookie Cop
Administrator
nocookies4me
nocookies4me
Admininistrator
There's usually not any staff, and that's why people hack. They know they won't get punished until 2-3 hours when a helper gets on to get bans
lol how dare staff NOT play kitpvp!!!!! Those dang hackers that play kitpvp to purely hack because kitpvp gamemodes are among the easiest to hack on since it requires no effort in gaining items, they know our staff schedules and motives preemptive joining the server and know when to strike!
Give Skycade 2-3 years max.
Skycade is nearing it's 3 years of age mark if I'm not mistaken, grown just a smidge since the days of 35 players on a very active day

Banthony4

Banthony4
Banthony4
I dont think skycade is failing and neither does anyone else also its also easy to not be a jerk and niose polute.

Mojang

IcyAvenger
IcyAvenger
skycade isnt failing however i have to agree with somethings you say

for instance, instead of fixing stuff, they just ban for it.
false bans are false bans. you can get false banned through a screenshare and it'd take time for skycade staff to learn how to efficiently screenshare.
i'll also agree that staff make dumb decisions but this is one time where i'll stick up for the staff. they're human, if you're telling me that you've never made a mistake then you're lying. however, some decisions made by staff are completely stupid and you do have to question them and maybe call a bit of biasy sometimes. usually its nothing serious though, just like getting triggered over something and then banning without thinking properly and without checking to see if obs was open *COUGH COUGH*
other times staff can actually be quite hypocritical. like one time i was on kitpvp and fallen_elysian got triggered that i was "2v1ing" him when it was more of a 1v1v1 and then he proceeded to 2v1 me like whaaaaa. then i pulled him up on it and he said "if you cant beat them join them" woah great explanation. but again, these are minor things and there's no rule about teaming but if there was then he would've banned us on the spot without even clarifying if it was actually a 2v1.
skycade is growing because of jack, jack is the backbone of the network because without him 1) the server wouldnt exist in the first place, 2) he provides pretty much free advertisement. also, how is skycade not a network? a network, by definition (in minecraft terms + simplified) is many servers connected with eachother.
lets take skycade: the hubs, from there you can go to kitpvp, smp, factions etc. from there you can also go back to the hub or to a different gamemode.
therefore its a network
it may not be as big of a network as say arcane or hypixel but its still a network

themainsandwich

Diamond
Themainsandwich
Themainsandwich
Diamond
I did notice a little more lag after the host switch but it most likely is just your computer because it's fine for me now so if your going to be taking about lag get a good computer first then talk

Cube

Cube
Cube
I did notice a little more lag after the host switch but it most likely is just your computer because it's fine for me now so if your going to be taking about lag get a good computer first then talk
He's talking about connection lag, not low frame rates. The only thing your computer has to do with connection is how good your wireless reciever is (and if you use a wired connection then there's not much your computer can change). Because the host moved from Canada to Germany, people in the US will have higher pings and people in Europe will have lower pings, that's just a fact of life.

themainsandwich

Diamond
Themainsandwich
Themainsandwich
Diamond
He's talking about connection lag, not low frame rates. The only thing your computer has to do with connection is how good your wireless reciever is (and if you use a wired connection then there's not much your computer can change). Because the host moved from Canada to Germany, people in the US will have higher pings and people in Europe will have lower pings, that's just a fact of life.
Well get better internet then lol if I why I even commented in the first place In going to stop now

EnderSlenderZ

Aussie Boi
Diamond
Gold
Iron
EnderSlenderZ
EnderSlenderZ
Diamond
Can the complaining about this host please stop. I didn't hear EU or AU players complaining like people are now when the host was in Canada despite the fact it wasn't great for us. Remember AU players have it really bad in every scenario, yet I hear minimal complaining from them because they expect it. The difference in connection for US players is literally like 60ms now which is in no way game-breaking, EU and AU players had to deal with it before. The roles now reverse and its suddenly the end of the world. There's ultimately no way you can 100% satisfy everyone with a server host so there's no need to complain about it.
Excellent point, I'm one of those good ol' AU players and I personally think the connection has gotten better for me. Just cause the connection got worse for you doesn't mean that everyone is suffering.

I for one think that while Skycade does have some minor issues (which im sure they're working on), this current staff team is one of the best that Skycade has had while i've been here, and so I don't understand where this is coming from. It seems to me like you've had a couple incidents and you've come to some rash conclusions about the staff team and the server.

The main reason why i enjoy coming online is the community is awesome (I mainly play sb-e) but i know that on the other servers too there are always friendly people and helpful staff and its just enjoyable to come online. I know sometimes some players can be a little toxic but it happens on all servers. The Skycade community should be proud of each other, the staff team and the dev's because what we've got is pretty awesome.

Snow

snoww
snoww
i'm just here for memes