What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WorldGuard anti-pvp flag

Steve1Killer

Spaff Member
Diamond
Gold
UEFI_SecureBoot
UEFI_SecureBoot
Diamond
Recently (Like 3 nights ago) @HugoDoesStuff made a watchtower on the KitPvP server . I along with many others think this should have the WorldGuard flag for no PVP added to it, to make it a peaceful area for those like myself who often want to take a short break from either PVPing galore or dying galore while still staying on the server to be able to talk and watch other fights (While we could use spawn, it's not the best for watching fights as it's got a small range you can view from the jumping off area and you can't really look out anywhere else). While the argument of people abusing this is valid, we have thought of a way this could be prevented. Sort of like the if in combat you cannot /spawn function. If you try to enter the area while in combat, it teleports you back, say maybe 5 blocks in this case, and says "You cannot enter this area while in combat." to prevent users in fights running to avoid being killed or where if you enter while in combat, whoever you were fighting can still attack you and vice versa like on prisons where when you leave the combat area you can still be harmed by those you were fighting before and vice versa if you were in combat when you left. I understand some people may think this takes the PVP part from KitPvP however the PVP is still very much there, this is a small area for people to go if they want to take a break and watch users while they chat, or for users who are doing something such as making a report to be safe while not just having to go to spawn thus losing any killstreak they may have had.

Materializing

❊ Rand ❊
Diamond
Gold
Materializing
Materializing
Diamond
Sorry, I’m going to have to disagree with this.
Sure, KitPvP is real fun, and a watchtower is a great way to be able to view pvp - but I personally think it would ruin the point of KitPvP.
It’s... for... PvP. I know you’ve tried to address people saying this, but I’m saying it. It’s for PvP.
Watching the fights can be fun, sure, but you can do that in the pvp zone. Certain kits might allow you to teleport or get away, so you can just run around to spectate - but the whole point of being on KitPvP is to PvP or practice your skills, not to spectate or chat. Chatting can be done in the spawn - and to be quite honest I’m pretty sure almost no one but you goes onto KitPvP to “watch the fights”. Plus, you wouldn’t even be able to see the fighting real well from a watch tower!
Nope, definitely not, sorry. It’s a good suggestion, but I do not agree.

Gestured

Am pro pvp!!1
Diamond
Gold
Iron
Gestured
Gestured
Diamond
Recently (Like 3 nights ago) @HugoDoesStuff made a watchtower on the KitPvP server . I along with many others think this should have the WorldGuard flag for no PVP added to it, to make it a peaceful area for those like myself who often want to take a short break from either PVPing galore or dying galore while still staying on the server to be able to talk and watch other fights (While we could use spawn, it's not the best for watching fights as it's got a small range you can view from the jumping off area and you can't really look out anywhere else). While the argument of people abusing this is valid, we have thought of a way this could be prevented. Sort of like the if in combat you cannot /spawn function. If you try to enter the area while in combat, it teleports you back, say maybe 5 blocks in this case, and says "You cannot enter this area while in combat." to prevent users in fights running to avoid being killed or where if you enter while in combat, whoever you were fighting can still attack you and vice versa like on prisons where when you leave the combat area you can still be harmed by those you were fighting before and vice versa if you were in combat when you left. I understand some people may think this takes the PVP part from KitPvP however the PVP is still very much there, this is a small area for people to go if they want to take a break and watch users while they chat, or for users who are doing something such as making a report to be safe while not just having to go to spawn thus losing any killstreak they may have had.
It's called kitpvp for a reason. Why would you have a no pvp mode. I could just make my killstreak infinite by going behind people and taking the mode off and then putting it back on.